Weekly open discussion threads.

EagleJoe8

Hey everyone,

As you all know, I have created weekly Open Discussion threads in ATNFL since 2009. In these threads, I usually try to give a bit of a promo to certain key matchups for the Sunday afternoon games in the opening post, but truthfully, in recent years, I haven't paid as close attention to the rest of the league as I once used to, and it does get harder to come up with something interesting to say for the games I'd think deserve highlighting.

Since I do create the game day threads for the Birds games in TATE since last year, I had the idea of passing off the job of creating the Open Discussion threads for the rest of the league here in ATNFL for anyone who wants to take over. I also had the idea if no one wanted to take over creating an Open Discussion thread, that perhaps all discussion for Sunday afternoon games could just be put in the weekly schedule threads @AlpineEagle already creates every week. Seems like as good a place as any for game discussion and updates.

Thoughts?

I haven’t watched other games over the past couple of years either

Going to try to check out the Colts and Chargers as I’m curious about those

49ers built a really nice team on paper but then hit every branch on the injury tree. I have no idea if they were able to keep that talent though

Bears situation is kind of funny. They brought Dalton in to be the starter but then they drafted Fields who looked good in preseason. I’m guessing the first incomplete or pick thrown that the crowd will be chanting for Fields lol

Skins have a really good defense and have been trying to build a nice offense. I think they just need a QB. I have them winning the division

Dallas has/had a nice offense but I think they’re old now. They have no defense

Have no idea about Giants

The Tua situation is interesting. Who knows if he’s the one but it almost seems like he’s not set up for success

Jags and Jets are interesting as well. Both QBs look good but those franchises haven’t been good with building around the QB. Jags had a nice defense a couple years ago but it was quickly dismantled

I think Cards added some talent to help Murray but I’m not sure about him

Rodgers went diva this offseason but he’s one of the few QBs that can back it up. I expect him to light the league on fire again but it’ll be cringeworthy if they flame out and don’t even make the playoffs

Don't know much about Hawks besides Wilson has some great weapons but no Oline. Did they fix it?

Just now, downundermike said:

I nominate @JP HOF to create game day threads for the other NFL matchups.  He looooooves to create threads.  

@Bwestbrook36 will 2nd this nomination.

Yeah but, people will actually want discuss things in those threads.... I don't think JPhof is up to the task of creating threads that people actually want to debate in

23 minutes ago, Boogyman said:

I have paid virtually no attention to the off-season or preseason so I'm going into this season blind. 

I’m definitely expecting mediocrity from the Eagles. Maybe they can play spoiler late in the season like they did to aints late in the season causing them to lose HFA.  

Ryan Fitzpatrick is hurt already. Not sure about the injury. Tyler Heinickie warming up. 

Right hip injury for Fitz

4 minutes ago, pisceschica said:

Redskins trash 🤣
What happened to their defense?

They certainly aren't having their best game today. Give credit to Justin Herbert though. He's played well. 

32 minutes ago, metal said:

They certainly aren't having their best game today. Give credit to Justin Herbert though. He's played well. 

Herbert looks like the real deal

Just now, Mike030270 said:

Lol damn there's a lot of Packers fans there. Were Saints not able to get tickets? Lol

If they're under water, it may not have been priority right now.

Archived