What Week Does Minshew Get Activated?

Iggles25

Week That Minshew Gets Activated?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. What Week Does Minshew Get Activated?

• Week 5
    • Week 6
    • Week 7
    • Week 8
    • Week 9
    • Week 10
    • Week 11
    • Week 12
    • Week 13
    • Week 14
    • Week 15
    • Week 16
    • Week 17

Adding fuel to the fire. I know that. But this season is a dumpster fire already.

When does Minshew get activated to the roster? What's the leash on Hurts this season?

We're only 3 weeks in, and the injuries on the line are mounting.  At this rate, it won't be too long before an injury forces Minshew onto the game day roster.  He hasn't been with the team that long and likely still doesn't even have the playbook down.

• Like 1

If Hurts plays like he did in week 2, I don't think they pull him.  If he plays like he did against Dallas, he gets 2-4 more games.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Mortimer said:

If Hurts plays like he did in week 2, I don't think they pull him.  If he plays like he did against Dallas, he gets 2-4 more games.

He was pretty bad week 2, as well.

Not the total dumpster fire as this past week, but pretty bad.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Swoop said:

He was pretty bad week 2, as well.

Not the total dumpster fire as this past week, but pretty bad.

Bring on the stache 

3 weeks into a season after an offseason that included a complete overhaul of the coaching staff ... :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Im giving Hurts his fair shot till week 15.

However I have said it many times, Hurts is a great leader and can change a drive with his legs but his issues are and will always be his accuracy and decision making. Sad part is its extremely rare to have a QB with accuracy issues improve them to the level he needs when they get to the NFL. I think he can get the decision making down with time and a scheme that fits him. The accuracy issues will be his problem through his entire career. 

Your other issue is Minshew is pretty good with accuracy but only in the short to intermediate routes. Minshew is not a starting QB in this league for the long term. he can get you by a few games here and there. I do feel Hurts in the end will be that same type of player. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Procus said:

We're only 3 weeks in, and the injuries on the line are mounting.  At this rate, it won't be too long before an injury forces Minshew onto the game day roster.  He hasn't been with the team that long and likely still doesn't even have the playbook down.

It’s simple though, all passes. You look at your 1st read (if you want to), roll to the right, and run for a yard.

1 minute ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

It’s simple though, all passes. You look at your 1st read (if you want to), roll to the right, and run for a yard.

It's simple for Hurts - at this stage, that's all he's probably capable of.

• Like 1

Real question is when will everyone realize that he isn’t good enough to matter? 

• Haha 1

All those that think Hurts should get the full year that's fine but, it will be all for nothing. Howie will get his guy and it definitely isn't Hurts. 

They will evaluate the 2nd round investment the entire year along with the new coach & schemes.

There will be ups & downs. Be patient this is a "rebuild" by NFL standards. 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Iggles25 said:

Adding fuel to the fire. I know that. But this season is a dumpster fire already.

When does Minshew get activated to the roster? What's the leash on Hurts this season?

Activating Minshew would be racist, unless Hurts is injured.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

All those that think Hurts should get the full year that's fine but, it will be all for nothing. Howie will get his guy and it definitely isn't Hurts. 

There's somebody over Howie though and he may be invested in Hurts.

6 hours ago, mihailo said:

Activating Minshew would be racist, unless Hurts is injured.

That's the way a few would try to portray it I'm pretty sure.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

There's somebody over Howie though and he may be invested in Hurts.

Some how I doubt that but, who the hell knows these days

No STFU Rome option and no option for not until next season. 

I guess it all depends. Do the Eagles see Minshew as a potential holding guy until they identify the long term QB they want? If they do then it could only be a few weeks away. If they think Hurts can grow and improve then we won't see Minshew at all. 

On 10/2/2021 at 1:53 AM, Procus said:

Not having a playbook...Never stopped any Eagles QBs. They just run like a mother...er for their life. LOL. On the positive side..it may force the coach to run the ball....because QB does not have the playbook. Yeah!!!!

2 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

He’s a better qb than Hurts.  Which isn’t saying much, like you said.  

Exactly.  He may not be anything special, but he has way more qb1 chops than Hurts at this point.  And I'm all for starting the guy who gives us the best chance of winning as long as we're still in the hunt.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

He’s a better qb than Hurts.  Which isn’t saying much, like you said.  

We pretty much know what Minshew is, and we know Flacco isn’t the guy. This is basically a two horse race of Hurts or someone who isn’t on this roster right now. The bottom line is this season is part of a rebuild. We all knew this prior to the start of the season just like we knew this roster wasn’t that good. Minshew is like Travis Fulgham. People saw a little flash and assumed way too much about the guy, but there’s a reason why he was a late round pick that no one really wanted. 

14 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Some how I doubt that but, who the hell knows these days

Supposedly Lurie called Andy Reid to ask Andy's thoughts on Hurts. Is that commonly done? Maybe, I have no idea.