What Week Does Minshew Get Activated?

Iggles25

Week That Minshew Gets Activated?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. What Week Does Minshew Get Activated?

• Week 5
    • Week 6
    • Week 7
    • Week 8
    • Week 9
    • Week 10
    • Week 11
    • Week 12
    • Week 13
    • Week 14
    • Week 15
    • Week 16
    • Week 17

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe I'm overreacting, but I think it's time to see if Minshew can get the ball to the receivers. Hurts should be showing improvement each week. He is not. We aren't married to Hurts contractually. It's time to open the competition back up at QB. Receivers continue to get open. We just need to get them the ball. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Maybe I'm overreacting, but I think it's time to see if Minshew can get the ball to the receivers. Hurts should be showing improvement each week. He is not. We aren't married to Hurts contractually. It's time to open the competition back up at QB. Receivers continue to get open. We just need to get them the ball. 

You defended JJ-AWFUL all last season but are ready to give up on Hurts already? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, NOTW said:

You defended JJ-AWFUL all last season but are ready to give up on Hurts already? 

Nick needs a Minshew shirt

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

Nick needs a Minshew shirt

You want Minshew to get hurt? 

8 minutes ago, NOTW said:

You want Minshew to get hurt? 

Hurts didn't get hurts 

5 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Hurts didn't get hurts 

But he had a bad game. The t-shirts are bad ju ju

3 minutes ago, NOTW said:

But he had a bad game. The t-shirts are bad ju ju

I don't think.the.bad games have ended. Maybe he should wear it again to reverse the curse!

5 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I don't think.the.bad games have ended. Maybe he should wear it again to reverse the curse!

He took the highlighters off his visor too. He's trying to get the right formula. 

• Haha 1

Just now, NOTW said:

He took the highlighters off his visor too. He's trying to get the right formula. 

He's the man with many superstitions

12 completions against Tampa’s sloppy pass D. I get he’s young and inexperienced, but the way this game has gone, either of our other 2 QBs may have won it.

• Like 1

No. Let him go down with the ship

Also Minshew may win some games and ruin our draft pick :ph34r:

See I kinda want to see Minshew stick around as our number 2 for a few years. Throw him out there right now, with this scheme, and this staff... dude would play himself out of the city by the end of the season. we already got one QB in that situation, lets just leave it at that

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

jFD9Qax.jpg

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

I'm not sure I've "given up on Hurts," but I'd sure like to see the results of some competition at the QB position. For the record, last year when Fulgham stepped in and played well, I was on the Fulgham bandwagon. At no point last year after week 4 did I think JJAW should take snaps away from Fulgham. 

In the case of Hurts, he was pretty much gift-wrapped the starting QB position with the signing of Flacco. Hurts had a strong finish to training camp, but didn't have to do anything in the preseason games. Minshew was brought in late and never had time to really be part of the competition at QB. Now that he's had time to practice with the team, I'd like to see if he can outplay Hurts. I really feel like we have strong group of young WRs that should continue to get better. Imagine if we had a QB that allowed them the opportunity to be more productive than they currently are. 

Sirianni would certainly need to adjust the philosophy offensively without Hurts in there, but is anybody really sold on the offense we are seeing with Hurts?

Uncle Rico stinks too.

Sadly the 2022 draft offers ZERO solutions at QB. The 2023 draft can provide a long term QB if the Eagles can get in position to do it. I'm sure Howie will F it up by drafting one in 2022 that stinks and passing on one in 2023.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PoconoDon said:

Uncle Rico stinks too.

Sadly the 2022 draft offers ZERO solutions at QB. The 2023 draft can provide a long term QB if the Eagles can get in position to do it. I'm sure Howie will F it up by drafting one in 2022 that stinks and passing on one in 2023.

The only way these draft picks are worth anything is if Howie’s not picking them. 

• Like 1

While Hurts isn't playing well, no QB will be successful in this offense where the coach flat out refuses to run the ball.

27 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

We need another QB to properly evaluate Sirianni. Is it Hurts? Sirianni? Both? Can’t be certain right now.

4 hours ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

We need another QB to properly evaluate Sirianni. Is it Hurts? Sirianni? Both? Can’t be certain right now.

Well look... I'm not ready to give up on Hurts yet but I will say... Sirianni is going nowhere right now. He's probably not going to be fired at the end of the year either. So they need to give him a QB to assess whether he's the issue or not. But then who? Minshew isn't the answer. The rookies they could draft next year aren't going to be the answer, certainly not immediately anyway. 

18 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Well look... I'm not ready to give up on Hurts yet but I will say... Sirianni is going nowhere right now. He's probably not going to be fired at the end of the year either. So they need to give him a QB to assess whether he's the issue or not. But then who? Minshew isn't the answer. The rookies they could draft next year aren't going to be the answer, certainly not immediately anyway. 

Sirianni has no plan though. He doesn’t have a feel for his players at all and doesn’t have an identity. He refuses to run the ball and is purposely making them one dimensional. He has yet to make any adjustments between halves or even games. I’ve never seen anything like it. Lurie doesn’t seem too patient so I wouldn’t be surprised if Sirianni doesn’t finish the season.