What Week Does Minshew Get Activated?

Iggles25

Week That Minshew Gets Activated?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. What Week Does Minshew Get Activated?

• Week 5
    • Week 6
    • Week 7
    • Week 8
    • Week 9
    • Week 10
    • Week 11
    • Week 12
    • Week 13
    • Week 14
    • Week 15
    • Week 16
    • Week 17

6 hours ago, T-1000 said:

While Hurts isn't playing well, no QB will be successful in this offense where the coach flat out refuses to run the ball.

How does that explain the wild over and under throws?  Even when players are open, Hurts throws to another zip code. 

6 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

Uncle Rico stinks too.

Sadly the 2022 draft offers ZERO solutions at QB. The 2023 draft can provide a long term QB if the Eagles can get in position to do it. I'm sure Howie will F it up by drafting one in 2022 that stinks and passing on one in 2023.

You get through this year with Hurts, let him and Minshew compete for QB1 in '22  (assuming Hurts remains as uneven as he is now)  maybe if you can pick up someone like Ridder or Pickett late first / early second and spin one of the three firsts for more picks in trading back then that's the only QB draft that makes any sense in this draft class as it's shaping up now. If you don't draft, maybe think about fetching in someone like Trubisky, Mariota or Bridgwater in free agency and have them compete for the starting job with Hurts and Minshew. 

First priority in the draft is giving Gannon linebackers that can actually tackle. Maybe if we can stop the whole 'giving the opposition TD's on their first two drives' thing, Sirianni can even out his playcalling and whoever ends up QB1 can stop trying to chase the scoreboard.

22 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

How does that explain the wild over and under throws?  Even when players are open, Hurts throws to another zip code. 

Apparently you didn't read the first line of my post. They are both to blame is the point.

2 hours ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

He has yet to make any adjustments between halves or even games. I’ve never seen anything like it. Lurie doesn’t seem too patient so I wouldn’t be surprised if Sirianni doesn’t finish the season.

Lurie is more patient that a lot of owners I think? He gave Doug 3 years after the SB? He gave Chip 3 years in position. AR got a long time here. I don't think Sirianni is going to be one and done.

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Minshew isn't the answer. The rookies they could draft next year aren't going to be the answer, certainly not immediately anyway. 

We really don't know this. For all we know Hurts may be the answer, but right now the QB play needs to be a lot better. We can't keep sitting on our hands with Minshew while Hurts struggles to hit open receivers. At the very least, let competition in practice be the motivation to start. Everybody should be feeling pressure to get this fixed.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

We really don't know this. For all we know Hurts may be the answer, but right now the QB play needs to be a lot better. We can't keep sitting on our hands with Minshew while Hurts struggles to hit open receivers. At the very least, let competition in practice be the motivation to start. Everybody should be feeling pressure to get this fixed.

Oh I agree with you. We don't know if Hurts can be the answer we really don't. The likelihood is that he isn't but we don't know that. But right now Sirianni looks like a joke, Hurts looks bad and this offense is a mess. 

8 hours ago, T-1000 said:

Apparently you didn't read the first line of my post. They are both to blame is the point.

I read it.  My point stands that we don't know if Sirianni is a problem or not, because our QB isn't taking advantage of the open WRs that Sirianni's system provides.  The absolute main problem is QB play.

5 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

I read it.  My point stands that we don't know if Sirianni is a problem or not, because our QB isn't taking advantage of the open WRs that Sirianni's system provides.  The absolute main problem is QB play.

He's running a HS offense with the same plays over and over again. He flat out refuses to run the ball. Miles Sanders and Kenny Gainwell combined for ONE carry in the first half yesterday. Miles Sanders is the team's starting RB and is averaging 9 carries a game and it's not as if their backup running backups are getting a lot of carries to make up for it. So if Hurts is so horrible, perhaps IDK, the head coach should put less on him and run more as opposed to the opposite. You can't have it both ways. Blaming Hurts for the majority of the problems on offense and giving Sirifraudi the benefit of the doubt is both massively flawed and convenient. They both suck and are a major problem.

12 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

He's running a HS offense with the same plays over and over again. He flat out refuses to run the ball. Miles Sanders and Kenny Gainwell combined for ONE carry in the first half yesterday. Miles Sanders is the team's starting RB and is averaging 9 carries a game and it's not as if their backup running backups are getting a lot of carries to make up for it. So if Hurts is so horrible, perhaps IDK, the head coach should put less on him and run more as opposed to the opposite. You can't have it both ways. Blaming Hurts for the majority of the problems on offense and giving Sirifraudi the benefit of the doubt is both massively flawed and convenient. They both suck and are a major problem.

He's running a HS offense because his QB can only handle a HS offense (and not very well).  I'd suggest a competent QB opens up a much more complex playbook.  Again, I'd suggest that we don't know what Sirianni is until we can get rid of Hurts.

As far as running goes, he counts those screens in the run game (Andy Reid style).  We don't have to agree, but that is what he is doing, so he sees no reason to hand off to Sanders or Gainwell directly as much.  When that is converted run percentage jumps to 46%.  If we want to complain about Sirianni, it seems to me to be more about the design of the screen plays than anything else, but I could also see Hurts running them incorrectly.

This is a chicken and egg argument that can have no right answer in a debate.  In the end, at least one of them sucks....maybe both.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

He's running a HS offense because his QB can only handle a HS offense (and not very well).  I'd suggest a competent QB opens up a much more complex playbook.  Again, I'd suggest that we don't know what Sirianni is until we can get rid of Hurts.

That right there is exactly what I mean by not having it both ways though. IF his offense is so amateurish and predictable because of Hurts, than perhaps Hurts shouldn't be the starting QB. It's now six games into the season and he is the head coach after all. So either he is clueless, in over his head, and his offense is a joke, or he is smarter than all of that but purposely trotting out a QB who can't run an NFL level system and sabotaging himself and the team. Either way, it's not a good look for him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, T-1000 said:

That right there is exactly what I mean by not having it both ways though. IF his offense is so amateurish and predictable because of Hurts, than perhaps Hurts shouldn't be the starting QB. It's now six games into the season and he is the head coach after all. So either he is clueless, in over his head, and his offense is a joke, or he is smarter than all of that but purposely trotting out a QB who can't run an NFL level system and sabotaging himself and the team. Either way, it's not a good look for him.

Spot on. And this is a large reason why I'm out on Sirianni at this point. And sure maybe he doesn't have the authority to bench Hurts and do it his way. But guess what? He's not going to last very long if that's the case anyway. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

As far as running goes, he counts those screens in the run game (Andy Reid style).  We don't have to agree, but that is what he is doing, so he sees no reason to hand off to Sanders or Gainwell directly as much.  When that is converted run percentage jumps to 46%.  If we want to complain about Sirianni, it seems to me to be more about the design of the screen plays than anything else, but I could also see Hurts running them incorrectly.

This is a chicken and egg argument that can have no right answer in a debate.  In the end, at least one of them sucks....maybe both.

Also, screens aren't runs nor do they provide the same effect on the opposing defense or provide balance with stacked boxes to open up the passing game. Furthermore, the WR screen game hasn't worked since week one when they played Atlanta and teams are sniffing it out quite easily and playing press man to make it ineffective. Calling ineffective and predictable WR screens an extension of the run game is BS and an excuse for a play caller who is in in way over his head. This is exactly why his ''HS offense'' goes way beyond the limitations that Hurts brings to the table and is a Siriania issue as well. 

Week 13, so as not to upset our draft standings too much, unless Hurts gets injured first. (only takes one lock out block....)

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Spot on. And this is a large reason why I'm out on Sirianni at this point. And sure maybe he doesn't have the authority to bench Hurts and do it his way. But guess what? He's not going to last very long if that's the case anyway. 

Yep. I don't get why some people are willing to give Siriani the benefit of the doubt but not Hurts. I don't think either one deserves it. The lack of ability to make multiple reads and make certain NFL throws is a big issue for Hurts. At the same time Siriani's ineffective and predictable play calling along with a refusal to create any balance with a run game to make things easier on said QB is a big issue as well. They both suck and the team needs to move on from both in the offseason.

6 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

He doesn't have the authority to bench Hurts and everyone knows it, so he's dumbed down the offense and made it predictable.  Whoever to blame for that is to blame..  That is why this season needs driven into the ground with Hurts under center to hammer home the point that we have NO QB.

3 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

Also, screens aren't runs nor do they provide the same effect on the opposing defense or provide balance with stacked boxes to open up the passing game. Furthermore, the WR screen game hasn't worked since week one when they played Atlanta and teams are sniffing it out quite easily and playing press man to make it ineffective. Calling ineffective and predictable WR screens an extension of the run game is BS and an excuse for a play caller who is in in way over his head. This is exactly why his ''HS offense'' goes way beyond the limitations that Hurts brings to the table and is a Siriania issue as well. 

I'm not going to argue about how to count screens.  I am only telling that is what he does.  It is also what Andy Reid does quite successfully.  Again, blame whoever you want and it is fine.  The QB is horrible.  The coach may or may not be.

5 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

Yep. I don't get why some people are willing to give Siriani the benefit of the doubt but not Hurts.

Because there is wide receivers wide open and Hurts is not finding them.

Give Hurts until week 10 or 11 to show what he has. If he doesn't win at least 2 games then give Minshew a trial run
to see whether Sirianni does better as a coach with a different QB. If Minshew loses out, try Flacco for the last few games.
By then we'd be out of the running anyway, and we'd better find out about Sirianni before he gets involved in the draft. 

10 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

He doesn't have the authority to bench Hurts and everyone knows it, so he's dumbed down the offense and made it predictable.  Whoever to blame for that is to blame..  That is why this season needs driven into the ground with Hurts under center to hammer home the point that we have NO QB.

But then if he doesn't have the authority then what's he doing in the job? I mean from his own stand point surely he just would want to get away from that? Because he's looking like a clueless chump right now. 

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But then if he doesn't have the authority then what's he doing in the job? I mean from his own stand point surely he just would want to get away from that? Because he's looking like a clueless chump right now. 

Only a clueless chump would take a job working with Howie.  You know it.  I know it.  Everyone knows that, just like we know he isn't making the calls with Hurts.  We don't even know if he is the one determining to run this pass happy offense with a bad QB.  If you believe the articles, he came thinking he was working with Wentz and got the bait and switch.

I don't know what to tell you on this mess with any of that.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Lurie is more patient that a lot of owners I think? He gave Doug 3 years after the SB? He gave Chip 3 years in position. AR got a long time here. I don't think Sirianni is going to be one and done.

Just s0 long as he does Lurie & Howie's bidding and does not under any circumstances miss Jeffrey's Holiday party.

6 hours ago, downundermike said:

Because there is wide receivers wide open and Hurts is not finding them.

So what's the excuse for why he runs the ball at a damn near historically low rate and makes the offense one dimensional and extremely predictable. Please explain to me how that is Hurts's fault.

9 hours ago, T-1000 said:

So what's the excuse for why he runs the ball at a damn near historically low rate and makes the offense one dimensional and extremely predictable. Please explain to me how that is Hurts's fault.

Maybe he is trying to run his offense, as it is designed, and show the FO that Howie's QB can't do it and needs replaced.  There are open WRs and chances for big plays in every game, but the QB is just not good enough to take advantage.  Justin Herbert was able to run this offense without much issue (as a real rookie).  Honestly, I hope that is what he is doing, because I can't envision any way that Hurts takes us anywhere in the future.

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/gardner-minshew-eagles-nfl-trade-rumors

Intresting a report of the Eagles dealing Minshew popped up. Not sure if it’s the Denver or Philly side. Something to watch for.

I already posted that and got yelled at for it being fake.