What Week Does Minshew Get Activated?

Iggles25

Week That Minshew Gets Activated?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. What Week Does Minshew Get Activated?

• Week 5
    • Week 6
    • Week 7
    • Week 8
    • Week 9
    • Week 10
    • Week 11
    • Week 12
    • Week 13
    • Week 14
    • Week 15
    • Week 16
    • Week 17

Need an option for "never" because he's not going to play.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Minshew showed a lot more than Fulgham.  JFC.  Do you watch football?

He’s nothing more than a flash. Wake up. He showed so much they dumped him.

• Like 1

My guess is week 12 at the latest unless the Eagles are actually in contention for a playoff berth.

What Lurie/Howie is planning is so transparent. We all know they don't care about winning right now.

Never unless Hurts get hurt. He’ll get a full season especially with the inflated stats he’s put up so far.

"Nick Sirianni called Jalen Hurts' game "one of the best performances I've seen. He battled. He made good decisions with the football.” ... After Sunday's loss to the Chiefs, head coach Nick Sirianni had high praise for Hurts, calling his game against Kansas City, "one of the best performances” he's ever seen.”

https://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/2021/10/03/eagles-nick-sirianni-jalen-hurts-best-performance-chiefs/?utm_source=thescoreapp

If the coach is thinking this way you all might want to wait on buying your Minshew jerseys. 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

We pretty much know what Minshew is, and we know Flacco isn’t the guy. This is basically a two horse race of Hurts or someone who isn’t on this roster right now. The bottom line is this season is part of a rebuild. We all knew this prior to the start of the season just like we knew this roster wasn’t that good. Minshew is like Travis Fulgham. People saw a little flash and assumed way too much about the guy, but there’s a reason why he was a late round pick that no one really wanted. 

Im not pro minshew but brady was a late pick, you never know. Also jags current qb top drafted guy and theyre sitting with zero Ws. 

I never expected hurts to light it up this season. Heck i had us at 4 wins this year. I think itll take time in hurts to see what we got. So far, i think he's decent, minus the dallass game. D and coaching were equally as bad.

4 minutes ago, EagleMatt said:

Im not pro minshew but brady was a late pick, you never know. Also jags current qb top drafted guy and theyre sitting with zero Ws. 

I never expected hurts to light it up this season. Heck i had us at 4 wins this year. I think itll take time in hurts to see what we got. So far, i think he's decent, minus the dallass game. D and coaching were equally as bad.

If the Jags thought they hadBrady then wouldn’t have drafted Lawrence nor worth they have shipped him out for a 6th round pick. No one wanted Minshew and the Eagles even after they got him could have just dumped Flacco and made Minshew number two if they believed so much in him. He’s not even being activated right now. You don’t have Brady waiting in the wings here bud. 

40 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

If the Jags thought they hadBrady then wouldn’t have drafted Lawrence nor worth they have shipped him out for a 6th round pick. No one wanted Minshew and the Eagles even after they got him could have just dumped Flacco and made Minshew number two if they believed so much in him. He’s not even being activated right now. You don’t have Brady waiting in the wings here bud. 

Uhhh nevermind. Too tired to try to explain my point, bud.

49 minutes ago, EagleMatt said:

Uhhh nevermind. Too tired to try to explain my point, bud.

I just think the Minshew stuff is way overblown and the players is overhyped. That doesn’t mean I think Hurts is untouchable, but I think this season will be a Hurts or bust type of year. They want to know if he’s the guy or not and if he’s not the guy then the guy isn’t on the roster yet. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I just think the Minshew stuff is way overblown and the players is overhyped. That doesn’t mean I think Hurts is untouchable, but I think this season will be a Hurts or bust type of year. They want to know if he’s the guy or not and if he’s not the guy then the guy isn’t on the roster yet. 

Hurts may not be the guy but neither is Minshew. And so if Hurts isn't the guy then THE guy isn't yet on this roster. 

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Hurts may not be the guy but neither is Minshew. And so if Hurts isn't the guy then THE guy isn't yet on this roster. 

That’s what I’m trying to say. 😂

• Like 1

I don't think Hurts is losing the starting QB job. But I do think Minshew is ready to take the backup role from Flacco by the end of October, Week 8.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, toolg said:

I don't think Hurts is losing the starting QB job. But I do think Minshew is ready to take the backup role from Flacco by the end of October, Week 8.

Minshew basically gives the Eagles what they always talk about. Optionality. He also is under contract for another season so he provides a cheap yet veteran backup number 2 for 2022. Flacco will obviously be gone at that point so the Eagles have their backup quarterback situation covered. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Minshew basically gives the Eagles what they always talk about. Optionality. He also is under contract for another season so he provides a cheap yet veteran backup number 2 for 2022. Flacco will obviously be gone at that point so the Eagles have their backup quarterback situation covered. 

I think Minshew is the long term back up. I think he stays if Hurts is the guy but I think he also stays if Hurts isn't. And then it'll be Hurts that is moved on. 

21 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think Minshew is the long term back up. I think he stays if Hurts is the guy but I think he also stays if Hurts isn't. And then it'll be Hurts that is moved on. 

It would be difficult to demote Hurts if he’s not their guy so I probably agree that he’s likely the one to be moved. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

It would be difficult to demote Hurts if he’s not their guy so I probably agree that he’s likely the one to be moved. 

Agreed. Even though he was drafted to be a back up I think it would be hard to then demote him. Especially given he seems like a popular guy and a leader in that locker room.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, XoqTionR said:

If Tray Lance takes over for SF next year would jimmy G be an interest?

No. He’s injury prone. Oh wait he fits right in. 

On 10/3/2021 at 11:02 AM, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Minshew showed a lot more than Fulgham.  JFC.  Do you watch football?

Minshew played well at time may a career back up .