CeeDee Lamb (Oklahoma WR) -- DRAFTED BY DALLAS #17

philafan4o8

Only feels right that I start this topic. Trade the farm for Lamb! Lol

3 More days until he is an Eagle!

• Like 1

Been saying from day one, Im on board for any of the top 3. Wentz with a top young stud WR to grow with for many years to come. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Been saying from day one, Im on board for any of the top 3. Wentz with a top young stud WR to grow with for many years to come. 

Lol but what are you willing to give up? I think that is where we differ. I would be willing to part with next years first, if necessary. I hope it doesn't get to that but if so then so be it.

I don't think it will cost a first. Howie gets very creative. I can see a 2nd and 3rd with 21 but not both in this draft. The Browns are the key area. Howie likes to trade with the same teams a lot and we have a lot of experience with trading with them. Not to mention with Berry now as the GM its a easy discussion. Its also the spot i think you get your choice. 

Ive said before Im sure Howie already made the calls and knows the price. hes not the type of guy who backs down from the guy he wants. He wont take whats left. 

5 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

I don't think it will cost a first. Howie gets very creative. I can see a 2nd and 3rd with 21 but not both in this draft. The Browns are the key area. Howie likes to trade with the same teams a lot and we have a lot of experience with trading with them. Not to mention with Berry now as the GM its a easy discussion. Its also the spot i think you get your choice. 

Ive said before Im sure Howie already made the calls and knows the price. hes not the type of guy who backs down from the guy he wants. He wont take whats left. 

completely agree. I'm just curious if the browns are really willing to trade down.

I would watch the Jets at 11 as a potential trade partner with the Joe Douglas connection.

Plus they are the most likely team to value Rasul Douglas or Alshon Jeffrey in a trade to lessen the draft pick burden. It still is going to be pricey either way, but any little bit of savings in terms of draft capital will help big time.

I recently watched some highlights from this past season. It's amazing how much chemistry Wentz and Jackson seemed to have immediately. It is absolutely imperative that we pair a young, talented WR with Wentz. No more Agholor's or JMatts (though he had an okay Eagles career). Lamb would be the guy.

Peter King had a great point today on Pro Football Talk. With the corna virus shutting everything down what happens with college football this year? If the season is cut short or does not happen how do you evaluate the talent coming into next years draft? 

The better value is this draft and possibly moving some of next years picks to get better position or get more picks in this years draft. 

What could this mean for the Eagles if they feel the same way. 

1- There is no moving back, you move up using some picks from 2021 draft

2- Do you trade a next years pick for the DE out of Jax or a different trade for a valuable player?

3- Do you trade a few picks in 2021 to get back in the 1st or 2nd round this year?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

Peter King had a great point today on Pro Football Talk. With the corna virus shutting everything down what happens with college football this year? If the season is cut short or does not happen how do you evaluate the talent coming into next years draft? 

Completely agree. You almost start to wonder how much value next years picks have? So we could see more trade ups and players trades in the coming weeks. 

Would be a great pick but most likely gone by 21 so Howie would most likely need to trade up. 

3 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

Would be a great pick but most likely gone by 21 so Howie would most likely need to trade up. 

It's actually more rare that Howie would stick with 21. If you look at all the past drafts he's moving up or moving down. I would be very surprised if he sticks with 21.

17 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

Lol but what are you willing to give up? I think that is where we differ. I would be willing to part with next years first, if necessary. I hope it doesn't get to that but if so then so be it.

For me at this point in time, I think Ja'Marr Chase is better than Cee Dee Lamb by a fair amount. I'd be willing to trade up next year for him rather than this year for Lamb. It's why I've been on the Ruggs bandwagon since the beginning. 

Then again, I've been wrong before, lol.

I guess we'll see soon enough.

30 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

For me at this point in time, I think Ja'Marr Chase is better than Cee Dee Lamb by a fair amount. I'd be willing to trade up next year for him rather than this year for Lamb. It's why I've been on the Ruggs bandwagon since the beginning. 

Then again, I've been wrong before, lol.

I guess we'll see soon enough.

While i can't fully disagree with you on Chase, he is sure to be a top 5 pick next year at this pace. Trading up for chase next year will cost way more than it will cost the Eagles to get Lamb who I think will be a damn great WR as well

5 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

While i can't fully disagree with you on Chase, he is sure to be a top 5 pick next year at this pace. Trading up for chase next year will cost way more than it will cost the Eagles to get Lamb who I think will be a damn great WR as well

Also don’t forget moving up from 32 will be a lot more costly than moving up from 21 ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, wtfcares said:

Also don’t forget moving up from 32 will be a lot more costly than moving up from 21 ;)

I see what you did there. I see it, I like it. El 3 played. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wtfcares said:

Lol that was just assumed in my post

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

I hear you and I won't complain one bit if lamb is the guy. I'll feel a lot better about the WR position with him in the fold because he should turn out to be terrific. My point was simply if I decide to trade farm like 2 1st rounders plus, then I want not just the best this year but a guy who projects to best in the last 5 years or so. That's just me being greedy for a future HOF'er.

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Personally I wouldn't do that. No way. Not this year's second round pick. 

What if they were able to package their thirds or a third this year plus a pick next year to get back into the second? I don’t think that’s too high of a price to pay for Lamb. 

Howie has had his struggles with the actual players taken at times, but he’s never had a problem being able to wheel and deal his way through the draft. 

7 minutes ago, nipples said:

What if they were able to package their thirds or a third this year plus a pick next year to get back into the second? I don’t think that’s too high of a price to pay for Lamb. 

Howie has had his struggles with the actual players taken at times, but he’s never had a problem being able to wheel and deal his way through the draft. 

No I'd be good with that. I just think this year picking in the second is really important as I think there is going to be a lot of really good players there.

26 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

No I'd be good with that. I just think this year picking in the second is really important as I think there is going to be a lot of really good players there.

So you trade 21 and the second rounder to go up and get Lamb. Then turn around and trade something like a third/4th this year and a 2nd/3rd next year to get back into the second round. Don’t know how the pick value chart looks on this but seems doable. 

Im also wondering if next year’s pick in the end won’t be quite as important... if the college season gets a late start and they have to shorten it, that means you’ve got less data to really evaluate next year’s class, making it even more of a crapshoot than a normal draft.