CeeDee Lamb (Oklahoma WR) -- DRAFTED BY DALLAS #17

philafan4o8

3 minutes ago, Muz86 said:

With Goedert In the waiting and the contract situation I do think this makes moving on from ertz easier to digest. But I do agree with you and there is no guarantee Goedert becomes what ertz already is. I think you could probably get a lower 1st (pick 20-30) for ertz straight up.

It's not necessarily about digesting that move for me. I mean at some point they need to pick Ertz or Goedert and that decision may come next year. Now I think they should go with Goedert because he's the younger man, likely won't demand as huge a contract and I think has the potential to be a star in the league. But Ertz holds 1st round value in his own right right now and so I think #21 plus another first round pick value is too much.

2 hours ago, Muz86 said:

I wouldn’t want to give up more than #21 and ertz tbh. We’re talking about a top 3 tight end in ertz and a potential hof candidate imo. Lamb is still just a prospect, a very good one, but there is no guarantee that his play translates to the nfl as with any prospect.

Yeah I mean I'm not saying we should but I would imagine that he is included if we do make a deal to move up that high.... Ertz turned down a contract that would have made him the highest paid te... The writing is on the wall 

9 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

This article I found said we went from #24 to #13 for two 3rd rounders.

Thanks. I recalled something similar just wasn't sure. But from what I've read here and elsewhere it would take more than that to move up now. Inflation can be a 🤬

And weren't we rumored to be moving up that year as well?

15 hours ago, Godfather said:

I'll ish my pants if we get Lamb

My thoughts exactly

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

You feel confident on that?

Lol trying to speak it into existence but I am not holding my breath

• Like 1

Just now, philafan4o8 said:

Lol trying to speak it into existence but I am not holding my breath

I like what you're doing there though. Say it enough times and perhaps it'll happen. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I like what you're doing there though. Say it enough times and perhaps it'll happen. 

If we believe hard enough it will

Get ready for a long night of Tate if this happens

Just now, philafan4o8 said:

If this is legit, I’m both super excited and super anxious to find out just how much we have to give up for #6 overall.

4 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

What happens if the guy heard the Eagles were in talks with the Chargers were true BUT he was wrong about the round? Instead it was the Eagles moving back to round 2 and Chargers moving up to 21? LOL

Long night of waiting for nothing, lol

We may never know. If Okudah is off the board and the Eagles trade up to 6, this guy is the Goat lol

10 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

:o

I can't imagine that type of deal would involve anything less than 21 and next year's 1st (at minimum).  

2 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I can't imagine that type of deal would involve anything less than 21 and next year's 1st (at minimum).  

Correct, if true it would be a blockbuster deal. Wonder if the Eagles would finesse them so they can keep #53 at least? lol

I would say I don’t buy this, that they wouldn’t need to move that high for Lamb... but with whispers about Jeudy falling a bit due to concerns with his knee, Lamb is likely the first receiver gone. So very well could need to go as high as 6. 

3 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

Correct, if true it would be a blockbuster deal. Wonder if the Eagles would finesse them so they can keep #53 at least? lol

Maybe it’s just 21 and next year’s first, with the intention of trading Ertz after this season for either a 2nd or 1st next year to recoup that pick...

6 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Falcons had a simular deal to move up for Julio. 27 to 6. Cost was (2) firsts, (1) second, (2) fourths.

Now we have a few spots ahead so might take away a 4th . Thats the base line for a trade unless there is a player mixed in there somehow. 

1 minute ago, nipples said:

I would say I don’t buy this, that they wouldn’t need to move that high for Lamb... but with whispers about Jeudy falling a bit due to concerns with his knee, Lamb is likely the first receiver gone. So very well could need to go as high as 6. 

I would think the same thing but we have to realize why trading up to 6 may be necessary for Lamb. Matt Rhule's team has been lit up by Ceedee Lamb this past season and has seen him first hand. Remember Chip Kelly had a PAC 12 bias when drafting. Rhule may have a BIG 12 bias. Cardinals' head coach Kingsbury has also seen Lamb up close. Not to mention their franchise QB is campaigning for Lamb.

While both of those teams drafting Lamb may be a long shot, it is still a shot that they take him.

1 minute ago, DeathByEagle said:

Falcons had a simular deal to move up for Julio. 27 to 6. Cost was (2) firsts, (1) second, (2) fourths.

Now we have a few spots ahead so might take away a 4th . Thats the base line for a trade unless there is a player mixed in there somehow. 

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if Ertz was dealt in a trade up. Doubt the Chargers would do that though

2 minutes ago, nipples said:

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if Ertz was dealt in a trade up. Doubt the Chargers would do that though

Never know, I know Chargers would not want him since they have Hunter. But Ive said it before we do look to look at the option of moving on from Ertz to be able to keep Goedert long term

Just now, DeathByEagle said:

Never know, I know Chargers would want him since they have Hunter. But Ive said it before we do look to look at the option of moving on from Ertz to be able to keep Goedert long term

Yeah they just paid Hunter too I believe, so same situation there where they would want to tie up that much cap in the tight end position. 

3 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

I agree for the most part. A trade up that high will at LEAST be two 1st and a 2nd

i am completely against trading Ertz.

But I will say Hunter Henry never finished a full season

3 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

i am completely against trading Ertz.

But I will say Hunter Henry never finished a full season

So you think we should keep Ertz and lose Goedert? 

We can't keep them both after next year. Yes money wise we can but Goedert will not stay here to be a backup. He will sign with Dallas if he hits the FA market. Now if you commit to him by moving Ertz at his highest peek value and extend Goedert with him now knowing hes the guy you are keeping the future strong at the position. 

If we let Dallas Goedert walk, we will regret it.