CeeDee Lamb (Oklahoma WR) -- DRAFTED BY DALLAS #17

philafan4o8

Take it for what it is worth. This guy on Twitter "Vinfosh" broke the Anthony Davis trade news. Broke the Bryce Harper signing. Broke the Joe Girardi hiring by the Phillies.

Back on February 29th reported this, way before Sal Pal. 

Today just reported this:

And adds that there is a 70% chance that the Eagles trade up for Ceedee tomorrow. This guy reported this way back and appears to have that juice. So I am buying it, just as I was buying it when the story came out last week. When this happens, I am buying my jersey as soon as I see what number he is wearing.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

Take it for what it is worth. This guy on Twitter "Vinfosh" broke the Anthony Davis trade news. Broke the Bryce Harper signing. Broke the Joe Girardi hiring by the Phillies.

And adds that there is a 70% chance that the Eagles trade up for Ceedee tomorrow. This guy reported this way back and appears to have that juice. So I am buying it, just as I was buying it when the story came out last week. When this happens, I am buying my jersey as soon as I see what number he is wearing.

Holy ish what is it gonna take to move to their spot? I'm down for trading up but not in a Ricky Williams kinda way

Not buying a move up to number 6. Could they have talked maybe about a move in 2nd round? I just dont know if they need to move up that high for Lamb. Browns at 10 seams like the sweet spot and they already said they are open for business. 

This could just be rumored to get other teams to call and ask about the price tag on SD pick. 

14 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Not buying a move up to number 6. Could they have talked maybe about a move in 2nd round? I just dont know if they need to move up that high for Lamb. Browns at 10 seams like the sweet spot and they already said they are open for business. 

This could just be rumored to get other teams to call and ask about the price tag on SD pick. 

This guy is not major media and this has not been reported by major media. Hard to believe the NFL Teams are putting a lot of weight into this random twitter guy (who has a solid track record on reports).

3 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

This guy is not major media and this has not been reported by major media. Hard to believe the NFL Teams are putting a lot of weight into this random twitter guy (who has a solid track record on reports).

Falcons moved up to 6 from 27. Cost was (2) firsts, (1)second, (2) fourths. 

For Birds to get from 21 subtract what a forth or the second and add a 3rd?  Love Lamb just dont see that happeneing. Not sure you need to go that high to get him. But in the draft you never know. 

Just now, DeathByEagle said:

Falcons moved up to 6 from 27. Cost was (2) firsts, (1)second, (2) fourths. 

For Birds to get from 21 subtract what a forth or the second and add a 3rd?  Love Lamb just dont see that happeneing. Not sure you need to go that high to get him. But in the draft you never know. 

No I definitely agree that it is a lot to give up for Lamb. Not sure it will happen, I am just bring this to the board to take it for what it is worth

Howie should be fired if he sells the farm to move all the way up to #6 for Lamb, UNLESS he somehow gets good value for traded players in the deal like he did when he pulled his magic to get Wentz in 2016.  E.g. if someone overvalued Rasual Douglas or Alshon Jeffery, like when we fleeced the Titans and Dolphins in 2016 for Murray, Maxwell, and Alonzo.

Realistically to get up to #10 (Browns), it would take our #21 overall, plus our 2nd, our 3rd, and one of our late 4ths to match value.  That would leave us with Lamb, then a mid 4th and a late 4th, a 5th, and a 6th.

I might be ok with this if they have a crazy high grade on Lamb, but not if they're just reaching for need.  We still desperately need LBs, and also need help at EDGE, S, RB, another WR etc.

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Arsenal79 said:

Howie should be fired if he sells the farm to move all the way up to #6 for Lamb, UNLESS he somehow gets good value for traded players in the deal like he did when he pulled his magic to get Wentz in 2016.  E.g. if someone overvalued Rasual Douglas or Alshon Jeffery, like when we fleeced the Titans and Dolphins in 2016 for Murray, Maxwell, and Alonzo.

Realistically to get up to #10 (Browns), it would take our #21 overall, plus our 2nd, our 3rd, and one of our late 4ths to match value.  That would leave us with Lamb, then a mid 4th and a late 4th, a 5th, and a 6th.

I might be ok with this if they have a crazy high grade on Lamb, but not if they're just reaching for need.  We still desperately need LBs, and also need help at EDGE, S, RB, another WR etc.

For Browns deal he would not trade all the picks out of 2020. He would spread them out like he did in the Wentz draft. So the would be some picks out of 2021, even 2022 possibly to not cripple this year. 

Also if Lamb turns out to be a massive stud, doubt he'd be fired even if he gave up a ton to go to 6 like the Falcons. 

5 minutes ago, Arsenal79 said:

One thing I will give Howie credit for is his ability to make trades. Usually makes trades where Eagles come on the better end of the deal. He is not the Jerry West of the NFL but he is trying to be

• Like 1

This is the Anthony Davis guy? Hmmmn. 

Lamb is the next elite reciever. I would approve a trade up. Get rid of Alshon somehow too.

13 minutes ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

Anyone remember what we gave up to get Graham in 2010? 

This article I found said we went from #24 to #13 for two 3rd rounders.

This situation is the direct result of the Sidney Jones bust pick.

If he was the top shelf complete CB they thought he was, then there is no Slay trade.

If there's no Slay trade, then they have the ammo to go get Lamb without killing themselves in the process. As it stands now, they don't.

Howie is surely doing his due diligence by talking with every team from 1 to 20 to find their price for a trade. Doesn't mean he'll pull one off, but at least he will know the cost.

Early misses kill the immediate future. Don't miss any more Howie.

59 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

This situation is the direct result of the Sidney Jones bust pick.

If he was the top shelf complete CB they thought he was, then there is no Slay trade.

If there's no Slay trade, then they have the ammo to go get Lamb without killing themselves in the process. As it stands now, they don't.

Howie is surely doing his due diligence by talking with every team from 1 to 20 to find their price for a trade. Doesn't mean he'll pull one off, but at least he will know the cost.

Early misses kill the immediate future. Don't miss any more Howie.

A bit too dramatic, really. Looking at recent second rounders we did hit on Goedert and Sanders. We missed on Jones. We might have missed on JJaw. Seems decent.

59 minutes ago, Infam said:

A bit too dramatic, really. Looking at recent second rounders we did hit on Goedert and Sanders. We missed on Jones. We might have missed on JJaw. Seems decent.

Jjaw will have a solid 2nd season

1 hour ago, Godfather said:

Jjaw will have a solid 2nd season

We all hope he does but I can't see it, not based on last year. He couldn't even manage to run routes last year. He was all over the shop and wasn't winning with his size or physicality which is supposed to be his strength.

9 hours ago, Godfather said:

I'll ish my pants if we get Lamb

I'll eat the ish out your pants if we get Lamb 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Infam said:

Maybe a little too dramatic in the presentation. I'll concede that point, since it's not the end of the world. Missing on Jones had a negative consequence though, and I think the Slay trade was it. That part, I believe to be true.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

Maybe a little too dramatic in the presentation. I'll concede that point, since it's not the end of the world. Missing on Jones had a negative consequence though, and I think the Slay trade was it. That part, I believe to be true.

I actually agree with that part. Happy to have Slay now, though.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

If there's truth to this I'm willing to bet Ertz would be a part of the trade... 

#21, Ertz, and a second next year and that might not even be enough 

24 minutes ago, Aspiritfall said:

If there's truth to this I'm willing to bet Ertz would be a part of the trade... 

#21, Ertz, and a second next year and that might not even be enough 

I wouldn’t want to give up more than #21 and ertz tbh. We’re talking about a top 3 tight end in ertz and a potential hof candidate imo. Lamb is still just a prospect, a very good one, but there is no guarantee that his play translates to the nfl as with any prospect.

11 minutes ago, Muz86 said:

I wouldn’t want to give up more than #21 and ertz tbh. We’re talking about a top 3 tight end in ertz and a potential hof candidate imo. Lamb is still just a prospect, a very good one, but there is no guarantee that his play translates to the nfl as with any prospect.

I wouldn't be giving up Ertz. Ertz is a proven top 3 TE in the NFL. He's this team best receiver and Wentz top weapon. OK there is the contract 'issue' to resolve but he is worth a first round pick on his own.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I wouldn't be giving up Ertz. Ertz is a proven top 3 TE in the NFL. He's this team best receiver and Wentz top weapon. OK there is the contract 'issue' to resolve but he is worth a first round pick on his own.

With Goedert In the waiting and the contract situation I do think this makes moving on from ertz easier to digest. But I do agree with you and there is no guarantee Goedert becomes what ertz already is. I think you could probably get a lower 1st (pick 20-30) for ertz straight up.