CeeDee Lamb (Oklahoma WR) -- DRAFTED BY DALLAS #17

philafan4o8

Just now, DeathByEagle said:

So you think we should keep Ertz and lose Goedert? 

We can't keep them both after next year. Yes money wise we can but Goedert will not stay here to be a backup. He will sign with Dallas if he hits the FA market. Now if you commit to him by moving Ertz at his highest peek value and extend Goedert with him now knowing hes the guy you are keeping the future strong at the position. 

If you move Ertz it would have to be next year. If the Eagles are indeed trying to trade up, they think their window is now. Ertz gives us the best chance to win now. That is clearly what they thought with Nick Foles as backup QB before paying Wentz. It was different situation with Wentz coming off injury but they still could have dealt him when his value was high

10 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

So you think we should keep Ertz and lose Goedert? 

We can't keep them both after next year. Yes money wise we can but Goedert will not stay here to be a backup. He will sign with Dallas if he hits the FA market. Now if you commit to him by moving Ertz at his highest peek value and extend Goedert with him now knowing hes the guy you are keeping the future strong at the position. 

If we let Dallas Goedert walk, we will regret it. 

That’s my view. If Ertz was a few years younger then I’d say try to trade Goedert next offseason instead. But if the choice in 2021 is between a 31 year old and a 26 year old? Goedert is the guy you need to keep. 

Also this: 

Lamb-Jackson (until he’s hurt)-Ward-Draft Pick-JJAW-Goedert-Second TE

is more enticing to me than:

Jackson(Until Hurt)-Draft Pick-Jefferson Probably?- Ward- JJAW-Ertz-Goedert 

Just now, philafan4o8 said:

If you move Ertz it would have to be next year. If the Eagles are indeed trying to trade up, they think their window is now. Ertz gives us the best chance to win now. That is clearly what they thought with Nick Foles as backup QB before paying Wentz. It was different situation with Wentz coming off injury but they still could have dealt him when his value was high

Yes you can wait till next year, but in the end you have to make that move at some point to keep Goedert which mean he has to go sadly. I dont see Ertz being like Celek and just stepping aside and taking a backup role to stay in Eagles green. 

1 minute ago, nipples said:

That’s my view. If Ertz was a few years younger then I’d say try to trade Goedert next offseason instead. But if the choice in 2021 is between a 31 year old and a 26 year old? Goedert is the guy you need to keep. 

Also this: 

Lamb-Jackson (until he’s hurt)-Ward-Draft Pick-JJAW-Goedert-Second TE (Burton still available I think)

Burton signed with Indy

9 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

The question is whether the difference between Lamb and Jefferson/Reagor/Mims is big enough to make the overall offense better if you go from Ertz-Goedert to Goedert-Another TE... I think it is. 

4 minutes ago, JSEagle said:

Burton signed with Indy

Ah missed that. Damn. Point still stands. I think Lamb is a game changer and would be absolutely fine having Goedert starting at TE with another #2 TE if it means we have our franchise #1 WR. 

• Like 1

Just now, nipples said:

The question is whether the difference between Lamb and Jefferson/Reagor/Mims is big enough to make the overall offense better if you go from Ertz-Goedert to Ertz-Another TE... as far as I’m aware, Trey Burton is available still after being released and would be the perfect #2. 

Burton has signed with the Colts so that one's out bud. Letting Ertz go weakens an already pretty weak receiving core.

2 minutes ago, nipples said:

The question is whether the difference between Lamb and Jefferson/Reagor/Mims is big enough to make the overall offense better if you go from Ertz-Goedert to Ertz-Another TE... 

Ah missed that. Damn. Point still stands. I think Lamb is a game changer and would be absolutely fine having Goedert starting at TE with another #2 TE if it means we have our franchise #1 WR. 

Yes to your question, IMO 

and I think you second option you meant Goedert and another TE. Everyone else is talking about getting rid of Ertz

You can keep Ertz for another year and trade him after this upcoming season. Makes no sense to part way now

1 minute ago, philafan4o8 said:

and I think you second option you meant Goedert and another TE. Everyone else is talking about getting rid of Ertz

You can keep Ertz for another year and trade him after this upcoming season. Makes no sense to part way now

Yes I did, typo. 

2 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

He will fetch much less in a trade next offseason than he will trading him now. He’ll then be another year older and in the final year of his contract. Teams won’t give up nearly as much for him then. I think if you trade him next offseason you get a third round pick. 

27 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

Correct, if true it would be a blockbuster deal. Wonder if the Eagles would finesse them so they can keep #53 at least? lol

I think I'd sooner give up next year's 1 than this year's 2 because it likely will be much harder to evaluate prospects next year if the college football season is cancelled.  But honestly I hate to give up either - this team sorely needs young talent all over the roster.   

• Like 1

Just now, time2rock said:

I think I'd sooner give up next year's 1 than this year's 2 because it likely will be much harder to evaluate prospects next year if the college football season is cancelled.  But honestly I hate to give up either - this team sorely needs young talent all over the roster.   

It won’t be cancelled. See Wally’s thread on the old board. They’ll start the college season in January or February. :lol:

• Haha 1

I agree that Lamb is elite and worth the move up. Its tough to figure out who hes like cause hes a mix. Has the play maker ability, great YAC rec, big route tree, can stretch the field, gets separation not only with speed but his routes. great hands, not to forget hes a very good run blocker.

He has it in all areas. Jeudy I love as well. Hes- not as explosive but great WR. He reminds me of Jarvis Landry. After that I see a big drop off. I like Ruggs and Jefferson but after them I dont like any WRs in the first unless they are in the trade back 28-32 range. 

26 minutes ago, nipples said:

Also this: 

Lamb-Jackson (until he’s hurt)-Ward-Draft Pick-JJAW-Goedert-Second TE

Not gonna lie

that negative BS is annoying 

1 minute ago, Matt03785 said:

Not gonna lie

that negative BS is annoying 

But entirely fair and accurate. 

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But entirely fair and accurate. 

He's played in 156 out of 192 possible games in 15 years.  He's had 4 out of 12 years he's missed more than 2 games.  

He's healthy more often then not.  

I just have negative predictions.  It's not like we're back in 1998.  

35 minutes ago, Matt03785 said:

He's played in 156 out of 192 possible games in 15 years.  He's had 4 out of 12 years he's missed more than 2 games.  

Number is a bit inflated but I agree we need to be positive

34 minutes ago, Matt03785 said:

It’s called being realistic. If you want to just count on Jackson staying healthy that’s fine, but I hope the team doesn’t have that mindset. 

and all those games played numbers are great... but I don’t care what happened more than 10 years ago. What’s the story been the last 5 years? In the last 5, he’s played in only 54 out of 80 games. And that’s generously counting two games last year where he played one series in each game before leaving with an injury  

DeSean will be 34 be the time the season ends, that absolutely matters. Especially for a speed receiver like him. If he makes it to 10 games this season, I will be surprised. 

2 hours ago, Matt03785 said:

Bingo. I get he's been banged up and missed a game here or there, but people look at last year as if it's the norm. It isn't. Not saying he can't get hurt, but, he's been fairly healthy his entire career.

44 minutes ago, JSEagle said:

Bingo. I get he's been banged up and missed a game here or there, but people look at last year as if it's the norm. It isn't. Not saying he can't get hurt, but, he's been fairly healthy his entire career.

Again, you really can’t look at seasons when he was early-mid 20s and healthy, and use that to argue that he isn’t an injury concern NOW. 

Age 22-28 seasons: played in 102 of 112 possible games, or 91%. Age 29-33 seasons: 54 out of 80 possible games, or 67%. 

Age catches everyone, and being that he’ll be 34 when this season ends, you can expect it’s more likely than not that he misses a handful of games again this year. 

Crap, Charley Casserly just mocked exactly what I said we should do

Trade up to number 10(Browns) and draft Lamb.

With him mocking it, means he just jinxed it. No Lamb for us. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001110566/article/charley-casserly-2020-nfl-mock-draft-30-bucs-protect-brady

6 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Crap, Charley Casserly just mocked exactly what I said we should do

Trade up to number 10(Browns) and draft Lamb.

With him mocking it, means he just jinxed it. No Lamb for us. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001110566/article/charley-casserly-2020-nfl-mock-draft-30-bucs-protect-brady

Wait and see if he makes it to 13... Raiders are an obstacle at 12 but they could prefer Jeudy if he’s there, or even Ruggs. If they do get to 13 and Lamb is sitting there, get a trade done with the Niners. 

26 minutes ago, nipples said:

Wait and see if he makes it to 13... Raiders are an obstacle at 12 but they could prefer Jeudy if he’s there, or even Ruggs. If they do get to 13 and Lamb is sitting there, get a trade done with the Niners. 

Hard for me to imagine the niners wouldn't want him, or to select someone else in that slot

I think the fact everyone predicts Raiders to draft Lamb, anyone who wants him will move up min 10. If Raiders love him, they might even move up to make sure no one jumps them. 

However I think because they know they are in the perfect spot, they will have min 2 of the top 4 to choose from without trading up. Not to mention another pick later in the first round. 

2 hours ago, nipples said:

Again, you really can’t look at seasons when he was early-mid 20s and healthy, and use that to argue that he isn’t an injury concern NOW. 

Age 22-28 seasons: played in 102 of 112 possible games, or 91%. Age 29-33 seasons: 54 out of 80 possible games, or 67%. 

Age catches everyone, and being that he’ll be 34 when this season ends, you can expect it’s more likely than not that he misses a handful of games again this year. 

He probably will, but what you and a few others are doing is using last seasons fluke in your calculations. The prior 3 seasons (disregarding last season) he played in 41/48 games. 85%. 

Aside from last seasons terrible mismanagement, he's missed significant time once and even then played in more than half the season.

A few games, sure. Don't understand the narrative that he misses a lot of time.

• Like 1