It's time to give up on season

gameshowfan91

Jalen Hurts is terrible. He should have been benched after Cowboys game this year. He didn't get benched because this team is full of idiots. Everything is going right for Cowboys. Howie needs to be traded to WWE, where he can't screw things up, and if he does, Vince wouldn't hesitate to fire him unlike Lurie.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Everyone should've expected a transition "rebuild" year. Coming off 4 wins, new coaches, evaluating Hurts, young players.

• Like 3

This year was a show me year for Hurts. With 4 picks in the first 2 rounds next season will alter the franchise. You had to find out this season if he was the guy to build it around or start planning on drafting one next season. Hard to tell at this point because the whole offense and coaching scheme is horrible.

• Like 1

We were destined for a struggle season. I agree with the poster above, Hurts gets the year to showcase what he has. So far, not so good but a coach that won't run the ball isn't helping.

Watkins looks like he has real talent and Smith has shown some flashes too. I'd love to see both with some good playcalling and QB play.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Everyone should've expected a transition "rebuild" year. Coming off 4 wins, new coaches, evaluating Hurts, young players.

You sound like a broken record in the lines of he has to nail this draft lol. 

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 This is for the OP. 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

You sound like a broken record in the lines of he has to nail this draft lol. 

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 This is for the OP. 

Gotta keep reminding these crybabies whining. 

• Haha 1

I expected exactly what we are getting.

The problem is I don't see them actually building anything like when McNabb was QB.

Its throwing crap at a wall and seeing what sticks.

The horrid drafting has come home to roost.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It was time when Sirianni was hired 

1 hour ago, CheesesteakNBeer said:

This year was a show me year for Hurts. With 4 picks in the first 2 rounds next season will alter the franchise. You had to find out this season if he was the guy to build it around or start planning on drafting one next season. Hard to tell at this point because the whole offense and coaching scheme is horrible.

That Miami pick looks like a top 5 one, I heard there are no great QB prospects in 2022 draft, so maybe trade that pick for a bevy of picks for 2023 to target a franchise QB possibly.

6 minutes ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

It was time when Sirianni was hired 

He sure is turning out to be a joke, it's like he tries something and it works and he doesn't go back to it.

Perfect example, in the Panthers game it seems like he had Gainwell in the slot which I thought was a great idea, against TB Gainwell was MIA.

While it would be egg on their faces if they fire Sirianni at seasons end, I'd do it, we don't have time for the HC to get on the job training, especially with this draft coming up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hurts should have been benched after the Cowboys game? One bad game and he should have been benched? What are we talking about here. And benched for who exactly?

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Hurts should have been benched after the Cowboys game? One bad game and he should have been benched? What are we talking about here. And benched for who exactly?

One bad game?  

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

One bad game?  

giphy.gif

No no read what I said. OP was saying he should have been benched after the Cowboys game. I'm assuming he means this year. Hurts played well against the Falcons and was not terrible against the Niners. So yes it was 1 bad game at that point. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

This season was lost when we decidede to give make Hurts the QB1. 

Bingo 

Lol Howie is going to say they can still get into the playoffs because of the extra game and extra wildcard

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Minshew. You never know if he would have played well on this team. Nick Saban was smart enough to bench him in National Championship (Alabama ended up winning that game). Eagles can't win with Hurts.

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

No no read what I said. OP was saying he should have been benched after the Cowboys game. I'm assuming he means this year. Hurts played well against the Falcons and was not terrible against the Niners. So yes it was 1 bad game at that point. 

He only played well against Saints last year and Falcons this year. May I remind you, Hurts blew it against Cowboys TWICE.

1 hour ago, 20dawk4life said:

But we have super weaponzzzzzz!!!!

Just no one to throw to them. 

Just now, Uscg-green said:

Just no one to throw to them. 

They’re so superzzzz they will do that too!!!!

13 hours ago, Jeep_man said:

That Miami pick looks like a top 5 one, I heard there are no great QB prospects in 2022 draft, so maybe trade that pick for a bevy of picks for 2023 to target a franchise QB possibly.

You aren't going to find a trade partner for top end picks this year because the QB class is dross, give the defense stud linebackers and safeties and roll with Hurts or another FA for another year, then try and search for a generational QB that can throw for 4500 75% 35 TD's 5 picks their rookie year to satisfy this message board in 2023.

• Haha 2

Honestly this season has gone about as well as anyone should have expected. We're coming off a 4-11-1 season. We've beaten a bad team (Falcons), a somewhat bad team (Panthers), and lost a really close game to a decent team (Niners), lost competitive games to two really good teams (Chiefs, Bucs) and gotten blown out by one (Cowboys). Unless you had totally unrealistic expectations coming in, you shouldn't be all that disappointed with the results. 

• Like 2