It's time to give up on season

gameshowfan91

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

The coach has to do more to protect his defense and his quarterback. It just feels like Chip Kelly, Doug, and now Sirianni we’re all just worse versions of Andy Reid’s philosophies. The extremes this team is taking not to run the ball is borderline insanity. 

Like I said before there is a theme here. Yet people still refuse to believe it's the FO. 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Like I said before their is a theme here. Yet people still refuse to believe it's the FO. 

Sirianni is here to follow and enact the plans of the FO without question. He doesn’t have say on the 53. Most of us knew that, but I have to state I didn’t realize he had little to no say on the pass/run ratio as well. It is really difficult for me to believe that Sirianni learned any of this from Frank Reich. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

Sirianni is here to follow and enact the plans of the FO without question. He doesn’t have say on the 53. Most of us knew that, but I have to state I didn’t realize he had little to no say on the pass/run ratio as well. It is really difficult for me to believe that Sirianni learned any of this from Frank Reich. 

To this extreme, yeah no effing way he is alone in this decision to not run the ball. There were reports of Nick calling his mentors and former coaches for advice. I doubt any of them told him not to run. 

I can see the game getting away from you and you don't run as much as your should. That to me would be like maybe 15 RB carries and a handful of designed QB runs. Running once or twice in entire half or a whole game? For multiple games in a row? I call BS that Nick is that dumb. 

• Like 3

On 10/18/2021 at 5:14 PM, Kz! said:

Honestly this season has gone about as well as anyone should have expected. We're coming off a 4-11-1 season. We've beaten a bad team (Falcons), a somewhat bad team (Panthers), and lost a really close game to a decent team (Niners), lost competitive games to two really good teams (Chiefs, Bucs) and gotten blown out by one (Cowboys). Unless you had totally unrealistic expectations coming in, you shouldn't be all that disappointed with the results. 

I don't think fans are particularly disappointed with the results, more so due to the lack of direction and decision making by the staff and front office.

Had the Eagles still been losing, but the QB has been improving and learning from his mistakes, and the staff realised how ridiculous a 'no run' NFL team is and therefore increased the number of run plays in following weeks (for instance), it would be a totally different story for many.

5 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

The coach has to do more to protect his defense and his quarterback. It just feels like Chip Kelly, Doug, and now Sirianni we’re all just worse versions of Andy Reid’s philosophies. The extremes this team is taking not to run the ball is borderline insanity. 

I just don't understand why a HC wouldn't run the ball more to help his young QB out. Hurts is struggling there's no doubt and yet Sirianni isn't seemingly going to help him there. It is madness. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I just don't understand why a HC wouldn't run the ball more to help his young QB out. Hurts is struggling there's no doubt and yet Sirianni isn't seemingly going to help him there. It is madness. 

They’re either purposefully doing this to expose Hurts (which only makes them look worse since they drafted him) or they just want to expose him to as much as possible in hopes to prep him for later. Overall their strategy doesn’t feel like a winning one especially with their constant throwing and predictable offensive sets. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

To this extreme, yeah no effing way he is alone in this decision to not run the ball. There were reports of Nick calling his mentors and former coaches for advice. I doubt any of them told him not to run. 

I can see the game getting away from you and you don't run as much as your should. That to me would be like maybe 15 RB carries and a handful of designed QB runs. Running once or twice in entire half or a whole game? For multiple games in a row? I call BS that Nick is that dumb. 

Yeah I can see if their quarterback was the second coming of Dan Marino and their receivers were Moss and Rice to throw this much. It’s just too much inexperience to keep relying on these guys and that’s why they all keep making mistakes. Maybe they think it’s just a heap of growing pains. Just rip the bandaids off and it’s a trial by fire. Ultimately I would be shocked if Sirianni were fired after one season. This all feels like it’s part of their plans. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Swoop said:

He didn't have James Robinson in 2019. He didn't have Shenault in 2019. Westbrook was promising and his career is flirting with being over at this point. Conley and Cole are JAGs. Their TEs are worse. Their OL, albeit solid, is worse. Their defense was in the bottom third 2019 and arguably the worst in 2020.

I stand by what I said. At best, it's a wash.

WTF does 2019 have to do with it? We have to look at the most recent year, not 2 years ago. If he did not play last year, you may have a point, but that is not the case.

He was a starting QB in 2020, with a solid and much healthier oline, better total WRs, better RB and worse TEs. He lasted 8 games, went 1-7 and was benched for Mike Glennon.

47 minutes ago, pallidrone said:

WTF does 2019 have to do with it? We have to look at the most recent year, not 2 years ago. If he did not play last year, you may have a point, but that is not the case.

He was a starting QB in 2020, with a solid and much healthier oline, better total WRs, better RB and worse TEs. He lasted 8 games, went 1-7 and was benched for Mike Glennon.

Well, given that was half of his body of work and his first 12 games, one would surmise that we should look at how he performed as a rookie, too. 

He was benched because the team blew as a whole and they wanted to tank for Lawrence. Shockingly, the team is still hot garbage. 

6 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

They’re either purposefully doing this to expose Hurts (which only makes them look worse since they drafted him) or they just want to expose him to as much as possible in hopes to prep him for later. Overall their strategy doesn’t feel like a winning one especially with their constant throwing and predictable offensive sets. 

Or it's Lurie's obsession with a passing offense.......remember Doug supposedly got chewed out for running too much in the win at GB a couple years ago.

8 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I just can't get my head around that. I'm not saying you're wrong, I know there's a feeling that the coaches have been instructed to throw everything at Hurts to really assess him. But to me it's a nonsense. You can't assess a QB when your game plan isn't anywhere near that of a normal nfl game plan. It is completely unfair on any QB.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Or that multiple generations of coaches all couldn’t see what the problem is.  I used to think that the whole "Lurie is influencing the pass/run ratio” was a ludicrous conspiracy theory.  I’ve done a complete about face on that prior stance.

17 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Like I said before there is a theme here. Yet people still refuse to believe it's the FO. 

The FO is knee deep in this not running the ball .

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bacarty2 said:

I didnt make it to week 1. 

What did you see in this team, roster, coaches or FO that told you they'd be good or even decent this year. I was laughing when I heard people on this board talk about fighting for a playoff spot

I don’t care about your opinion. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, MIRV Griffen said:

Or that multiple generations of coaches all couldn’t see what the problem is.  I used to think that the whole "Lurie is influencing the pass/run ratio” was a ludicrous conspiracy theory.  I’ve done a complete about face on that prior stance.

Lurie definitely has his say on that, and it was basically confirmed to me when word got out he was upset over the Packers win because the Eagles ran the ball too much for his liking. I wonder how much he likes this crap offense right now?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Lurie definitely has his say on that, and it was basically confirmed to me when word got out he was upset over the Packers win because the Eagles ran the ball too much for his liking. I wonder how much he likes this crap offense right now?

Just don't give up on the pass

So far their record is exactly what I thought it would be at this point in the season. No I'm not giving up yet. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mr_irie1 said:

So far their record is exactly what I thought it would be at this point in the season. No I'm not giving up yet. 

And in fact we didn't really know how bad the Falcons were going to be and at one point this year Carolina looked a decent (not good team). This team could have been 1-5 but it could also have been 3-3 if it weren't for those TDs taken off the board. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And in fact we didn't really know how bad the Falcons were going to be and at one point this year Carolina looked a decent (not good team). This team could have been 1-5 but it could also have been 3-3 if it weren't for those TDs taken off the board. 

The best thing to do this season is to look at things with little to no expectations. This is a team that won 4 games last year so we shouldn’t be expecting too much with a young quarterback and young coaching staff. Reid won 5 games his first season. Doug won 7 with Reich and the great one as his quarterback. All of those guys were green, but their coaching staffs had more experience than the Eagles current coaches do. Too soon to count Sirianni and his coaching staff or Hurts out just yet. 

• Like 1

On 10/20/2021 at 10:07 AM, EazyEaglez said:

Yeah I can see if their quarterback was the second coming of Dan Marino and their receivers were Moss and Rice to throw this much. It’s just too much inexperience to keep relying on these guys and that’s why they all keep making mistakes. Maybe they think it’s just a heap of growing pains. Just rip the bandaids off and it’s a trial by fire. Ultimately I would be shocked if Sirianni were fired after one season. This all feels like it’s part of their plans. 

There's no way they could dump Sirianni after one season, they struggled to replace Chip after they fired him in the middle of his first sticky patch, then they struggled even harder to replace Doug after dumping his ass after 1 losing season 3 years after winning it all, you dump Sirianni after one season and don't sack Howie and you're going to struggle to find a top candidate to touch the job so you'll be in the same boat again, lifting your skirts hoping to tempt a second or third tier candidate.

2 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

There's no way they could dump Sirianni after one season, they struggled to replace Chip after they fired him in the middle of his first sticky patch, then they struggled even harder to replace Doug after dumping his ass after 1 losing season 3 years after winning it all, you dump Sirianni after one season and don't sack Howie and you're going to struggle to find a top candidate to touch the job so you'll be in the same boat again, lifting your skirts hoping to tempt a second or third tier candidate.

This is already their problem and it’s been that way even with Chip. He turned the job down originally. They aren’t going to dump Howie anytime soon, and there is no way these guys will get a top tier candidate at all. There will always be a Siriani type willing to give it a shot because no other team will ever give them a chance. So long as Howie and Jeff are the known meddlers they are the Eagles will never be a top candidate landing spot. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1