It's time to give up on season

gameshowfan91

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

This is already their problem and it’s been that way even with Chip. He turned the job down originally. They aren’t going to dump Howie anytime soon, and there is no way these guys will get a top tier candidate at all. There will always be a Siriani type willing to give it a shot because no other team will ever give them a chance. So long as Howie and Jeff are the known meddlers they are the Eagles will never be a top candidate landing spot. 

Makes me wonder about Duce, he was loved in the locker room and respected other then his rotation why no chance for him? To strong of a personality? Wanted to run to much? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Makes me wonder about Duce, he was loved in the locker room and respected other then his rotation why no chance for him? To strong of a personality? Wanted to run to much? 

All are possibilities though I wouldn’t necessarily call Duce a top candidate either, but it says something that they would rather get a nobody from a different organization rather than go with a guy they basically groomed so much so that their actions made him feel unwanted and he needed a new start.

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

All are possibilities though I wouldn’t necessarily call Duce a top candidate either, but it says something that they would rather get a nobody from a different organization rather than go with a guy they basically groomed so much so that their actions made him feel unwanted and he needed a new start.

That's what I mean they hired nobodies so Duce not being a candidate is strange

On 10/20/2021 at 5:07 AM, EazyEaglez said:

Ultimately I would be shocked if Sirianni were fired after one season. This all feels like it’s part of their plans. 

I think you're right about this, as stupid as it seems from our viewpoint. Lurie clearly said Doug was fired because he didn't want to do things Lurie's (and Howie's) way. Do things our way, you have a job. Don't do what we want, you don't have a job. No matter that many view what we want as ...... well .... dumb.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

There's no way they could dump Sirianni after one season, they struggled to replace Chip after they fired him in the middle of his first sticky patch, then they struggled even harder to replace Doug after dumping his ass after 1 losing season 3 years after winning it all, you dump Sirianni after one season and don't sack Howie and you're going to struggle to find a top candidate to touch the job so you'll be in the same boat again, lifting your skirts hoping to tempt a second or third tier candidate.

Exactly you don’t do one and done on a HC unless a can’t miss guy/clear upgrade becomes available. But if you fire Sirianni after one season you’ll be just like how Cleveland Browns were for past so many years. That’s a reason I’m not for dumping Sirianni after one year. I don’t think he’s inept for the job, but he is young and inexperienced. I’m still unsure if he’s a long term HC. But There will be growing pains. His roster is a tough and weird one to have to manage. And his QB hasn’t shown enough ability or promise yet. I give him at least 3 years realistically, see what he can do to develop the 2-3 first rounders & get him a QB  he wants to mold.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, eglz1 said:

I think you're right about this, as stupid as it seems from our viewpoint. Lurie clearly said Doug was fired because he didn't want to do things Lurie's (and Howie's) way. Do things our way, you have a job. Don't do what we want, you don't have a job. No matter that many view what we want as ...... well .... dumb.

This offense is filled with young players who are making mental and physical  mistakes. It’s actually difficult to evaluate Sirianni and the players. I do think the players making mental mistakes on the field are things he as a coach needs to do better at fixing. There are other things he could accomplish as well like using his backs and TEs more and giving Quez Watkins more snaps and Reagor less. Unless of course all of this is the planning of the FO and the analytics department. 

18 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

That's what I mean they hired nobodies so Duce not being a candidate is strange

They may have thought Duce wouldn't be a good enough yes man. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

They may have thought Duce wouldn't be a good enough yes man. 

Good Thought...Duce was a smash mouth type player...you can bet he would probably have wanted to bring back that element to the team if it were up to him...Lurie seems to want a "pretty" offense...an "ESPN highlights" offense...