The Alec Baldwin Shooting

iladelphxx

He’s a blowhard a-hole, but I truly feel awful for him. The armourer or prop master who screwed up is going to jail for life

4 hours ago, homerpat said:

He’s a blowhard a-hole, but I truly feel awful for him. The armourer or prop master who screwed up is going to jail for life

24 year old woman.... Said in an earlier interview that she didn't feel like she was ready to be a lead armorer. 

Supposedly staff walked off set due to safety issues and that there were at least 3 other negligent discharges. 

Apparantly, the union prop guys walked off the set and they proceeded short staffed with non union workers 

I had a feeling they were going to dig into her once it became public she said she wasn't ready. That was not smart by her

Criminal negligence. You can argue about who was negligent, but responsibility ultimately rests with the person pulling the trigger.

The armorer holds responsibility, surely. Any appropriate legal punishment for her role, if she did make any mistakes that led to this, should be doled out. 

But the ultimate responsibility rests on the finger that pulls the trigger. I don't care if you were told that the gun was unloaded by 1,000 people. You still check it yourself... immediately, to make sure it's unloaded and safe to pull the trigger. It's a freaking gun, it can freaking hurt or kill someone. It's your finger pulling that trigger... check the freaking safe state of the firearm before you do anything with it. 

This is a tragic accident, but it's an accident that could have been prevented at multiple points along the way... by at least two people. Baldwin being the most important one (most important because he's the one that has to pull the trigger). 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

Criminal negligence. You can argue about who was negligent, but responsibility ultimately rests with the person pulling the trigger.

I was actually typing that same thing when I saw the notice that you had posted. The finger that pulls the trigger is the one that could prevent a death by simply checking the gun before putting that finger on the trigger. 

11 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I was actually typing that same thing when I saw the notice that you had posted. The finger that pulls the trigger is the one that could prevent a death by simply checking the gun before putting that finger on the trigger. 

It's a movie actor do you really think he knows anything about that stuff and can tell between blanks and live rounds? At this stage of his career I would think he just trusts the person handing him these "props "

• Like 1

I read they weren't even filming at the time. If true, was Baldwin just effing around and aiming at people and pulling the trigger? 

38 minutes ago, Kz! said:

I read they weren't even filming at the time. If true, was Baldwin just effing around and aiming at people and pulling the trigger? 

could've been prepping for the shot. apparently he was aiming the gun at the camera for the shot they were going for which is I guess why this girl was closest/behind it (director of photography or whatever her title was) and not the actual director. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JBENT87 said:

could've been prepping for the shot. apparently he was aiming the gun at the camera for the shot they were going for which is I guess why this girl was closest/behind it (director of photography or whatever her title was) and not the actual director. 

Makes sense, but it ruins the image I had of it being like this scene:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kz! said:

Makes sense, but it ruins the image I had of it being like this scene:

yeppp... that scene didn't age well in this context. 

15 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

The armorer holds responsibility, surely. Any appropriate legal punishment for her role, if she did make any mistakes that led to this, should be doled out. 

But the ultimate responsibility rests on the finger that pulls the trigger. I don't care if you were told that the gun was unloaded by 1,000 people. You still check it yourself... immediately, to make sure it's unloaded and safe to pull the trigger. It's a freaking gun, it can freaking hurt or kill someone. It's your finger pulling that trigger... check the freaking safe state of the firearm before you do anything with it. 

This is a tragic accident, but it's an accident that could have been prevented at multiple points along the way... by at least two people. Baldwin being the most important one (most important because he's the one that has to pull the trigger). 

No, you had it right in the second paragraph: it’s entirely fat F Baldwin’s fault.

He held the gun. He pulled the trigger. He failed to properly check, secure and handle the weapon.

When someone hands you a gun, it’s your responsibility to make sure it isn’t loaded. This is the first thing you learn when handling a firearm.

The armorer is obviously an incompetent moron, but when you hand a gun to someone, they assume full responsibility.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

It's a movie actor do you really think he knows anything about that stuff and can tell between blanks and live rounds? At this stage of his career I would think he just trusts the person handing him these "props "

Plenty of actors these days take firearm handling courses so that they are competent on screen. Keanu Reeves is the most obvious example:

Dude is legitimately really, really good now. Halle Berry is pretty damn smooth herself:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TEW said:

Plenty of actors these days take firearm handling courses so that they are competent on screen. Keanu Reeves is the most obvious example:

Dude is legitimately really, really good now. Halle Berry is pretty damn smooth herself:

Well of course Keanu is lol. 

Yeah I could definitely see Baldwin being all like "gun goes PEW PEW" while waving it around like a child.  Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.  I feel for the family who lost a wife and a mother though.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

It doesn't matter who the person is, it's a gun. If you pull the trigger, then it's your responsibility to know what is going to happen. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Yeah I could definitely see Baldwin being all like "gun goes PEW PEW" while waving it around like a child.  Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.  I feel for the family who lost a wife and a mother though.

deranged take, mike. very deranged. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

It doesn't matter who the person is, it's a gun. If you pull the trigger, then it's your responsibility to know what is going to happen. 

🤷