The Alec Baldwin Shooting

iladelphxx

On 10/25/2021 at 1:29 PM, Dwide Schrude said:

Here’s the article stating that Baldwin was supposed to point gun at camera for this scene. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/entertainment/alec-baldwin-accidental-shooting-details-halyna-hutchins-death.amp

Just keep in mind there are a lot of people who are going to have baldwins back on this.  If they know what’s best for them that is

2 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

FB_IMG_1635561260173.jpg

Eh, I'd be more impressed if that was DDL playing Lincoln.  Then you know it's real.

I don't understand why they even use real guns on a movie set.  They can't make replicas that look real but don't actually fire?  The fact that several employees walked off the set that morning due to concerns over safety speaks volumes.  That armory chick shouldn't be allowed to work on any film ever again.  And the people who put her in charge are liable in a wrongful death suit.  So many balls dropped here it's amazing this happened at all after the Brandon Lee fiasco.  At the least I think we'll see new movie protocols in place for a safer work place.  Not every film has a good CGI budget, but all you need is a loud bang and a little bit of a muzzle flash.  Hollywood can't make their own faux guns that do that when they can pay actors/actresses $20M per film?  I call BS on that.

"I’ve always been very careful because I’ve had to work with guns a lot,” Jolie said. "The way I’ve worked or checked when I’m directing, there are certain procedures. You have to take it very seriously.”

• 2 weeks later...

George Clooney is unhappy at the way things unfolded on the set of the indie filmRust.

"I mean every time I get handed a six-gun,” or a gun that holds six cartridges, "you point it at the ground and you squeeze it six times,” Clooney said, noting "It’s just insane” not to.

The actor also laments the term "cold gun,” which was what the gun that shot was described on the set of Rust to denote it was safe for use.

"I’ve never heard the term ‘cold gun,'” Clooney said of his years of movie-making. "I’ve never heard that term. Literally. They’re just talking about stuff I’ve never heard of. It’s just infuriating.”

If the statement from the script supervisor is true, that the script didn’t even call for a gun to be fired in that scene and he was Fing around with the gun at the time of the shooting, I don’t see anyway he avoids prison time for this.  This a-hole makes John Landis look like a responsible filmmaker.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...