OFFICIAL 2022 1st Rd Draft Pick Tracker Thread

time2rock

2 hours ago, time2rock said:

That certainly seems like a typical Howie move.  I'll be pissed if we give up two 1s to Seattle for him.  I might be OK with giving up one 1 (but it had better be the latter of the 3) and possibly a later pick like a 5th or a 2023 3rd/4th (or throw in Hurts or another player).  But highly doubt Seattle would accept that.  I really hope Seattle just doesn't have interest in dealing him.  

The QB factory is thirsty to pick up other teams scraps rather than actually develop a player of their own. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

The QB factory is thirsty to pick up other teams scraps rather than actually develop a player of their own. 

Howie and Lurie probably thinking, "It worked for Tampa Bay to bring in an aging vet so it could work for us!! fap fap fap”

Nevermind the fact that they had a much stronger roster outside QB.  We’re much more than just a good QB away from competing but those imbeciles will convince themselves otherwise.  

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Howie and Lurie probably thinking, "It worked for Tampa Bay to bring in an aging vet so it could work for us!! fap fap fap”

Nevermind the fact that they had a much stronger roster outside QB.  We’re much more than just a good QB away from competing but those imbeciles will convince themselves otherwise.  

The numbers Winston put up made it clear that team had talent, but he was a bonehead with the ball so gave the ball away too much. On top of that Brady just by word alone had guys going there basically on the cheap. There aren’t too many quarterbacks who have that kind of pull. 

• Like 1

Looks like the Dolphins are going to win today. Not sure how that affects the spot. Guess we’ll see after the games today.

16 hours ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

Looks like the Dolphins are going to win today. Not sure how that affects the spot. Guess we’ll see after the games today.

Their win didn't change their position ... they still have the 3rd overall pick (that would be ours).

Our own pick moved up from 8 to 7 (the result of tonight's game won't have any impact on that ... even if Chicago loses resulting in the same record as us, they have a stronger SOS so would pick after us).  

Having won on Thursday night, the pick from the Colts moved from 9 to 14.  If Chicago wins tonight, that will bump that pick up to 13 since Chicago would have the same record as Indy but has a stronger SOS.  

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2021 at 11:00 AM, time2rock said:

That second part definitely takes some of the shine off of the first part.  

Welp, one thing I am afraid of is HR uses 1-2 for a QB. I would much rather we use all of them for solid starters and worry about a QB later. Or better yet, Maybe try and trade for Jet's White. Maybe HR can use a 4th and conditional 2023 pick? Worth a shot. I like what I have seen from this dude and it would not hurt us to have 3 battle it out next season.....

• Like 1

On 11/8/2021 at 10:02 AM, stine said:

Welp, one thing I am afraid of is HR uses 1-2 for a QB. I would much rather we use all of them for solid starters and worry about a QB later. Or better yet, Maybe try and trade for Jet's White. Maybe HR can use a 4th and conditional 2023 pick? Worth a shot. I like what I have seen from this dude and it would not hurt us to have 3 battle it out next season.....

I've been on that same bandwagon for some time now.  With what is supposedly a weak QB class, why cash in major chips on one when we can use those to get much better players at other positions.  The defense needs a ton of help at all levels.  I'd like to see them use 2 of our 1st rd picks on defense and try to trade down with the other for a late 1, a 2023 1, and another pick in either the 2nd or 3rd next year.  That add pieces to the defense this year and puts us in good position to grab a QB next year if we still have a need and hopefully a much stronger class to choose from.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I've been on that same bandwagon for some time now.  With what is supposedly a weak QB class, why cash in major chips on one when we can use those to get much better players at other positions.  The defense needs a ton of help at all levels.  I'd like to see them use 2 of our 1st rd picks on defense and try to trade down with the other for a late 1, a 2023 1, and another pick in either the 2nd or 3rd next year.  That add pieces to the defense this year and puts us in good position to grab a QB next year if we still have a need and hopefully a much stronger class to choose from.  

I like that plan, but I worry in that scenario that their own 2023 pick will not be very high with the 2022 defensive improvements (in part because of the two top picks), and whatever other 2023 picks they add through trade not being near the top of the first round, and just not having enough drat capital to be able to move up and grab a top QB.

It is not difficult to see this team in a few years with a lot of talent, but spinning its wheels without a top QB.  Good enough to compete for the playoffs but not Super Bowls, and not bad enough to be able to snag a top QB prospect. It seems like somehow, someway, they are going to have to get lucky at QB, whether that is Hurts progressing, hitting on a lower draft pick or a top QB coming available in the free agent market.

On 11/5/2021 at 11:07 AM, time2rock said:

That certainly seems like a typical Howie move.  I'll be pissed if we give up two 1s to Seattle for him.  I might be OK with giving up one 1 (but it had better be the latter of the 3) and possibly a later pick like a 5th or a 2023 3rd/4th (or throw in Hurts or another player).  But highly doubt Seattle would accept that.  I really hope Seattle just doesn't have interest in dealing him.  

If it’s true and they want Wilson, we can hope as you said they don’t up too much, but I’m not sure he would waive his no trade clause to come here since Philly wasn’t on his list. 
 Draft wise you’d have to think Corral although a bit shorter is up there with Zach Wilson considering the conference he plays in, plus his added running ability.  The running part isn’t something I’d care about but you can’t take it away from him as a talent over Wilson or say Carson Strong. Even Howell from NC this year became a running QB because of the lack of talent around him, he was predicted to be drafted right after Rattler, but we all see how that’s worked out.   
 If Carson Strong could actually move around or if it didn’t look so painful for him (bad knee) he’s a guy I’d like for the Eagles. 6’4” 225 great arm, and he’s accurate.  
 Pickett is the question mark when it comes to tangibles and how much NFL teams truly care about hand size.   Sheesh, apologies for ranting. 

• Like 1

Tankathon gives us the 3rd, 7th, and 14th picks at the moment. 

Hopefully we could trade down a couple times to pick up some more picks though. Just so many damn holes on this roster. 

9 hours ago, wyote said:

Tankathon gives us the 3rd, 7th, and 14th picks at the moment. 

Hopefully we could trade down a couple times to pick up some more picks though. Just so many damn holes on this roster. 

That is the site I use to track the picks.  I updated the first post after the Monday night game concluded with the currently projected picks and will continue to do so weekly.  I know they are going to change every week but it is fun to track.  

Dolphins host the Ravens tomorrow night.  Hopefully Baltimore hands Miami their 8th loss.  

It is too bad the Texans are on their bye this week ... a win coupled with a Miami loss would have moved the Dolphins' pick up to 2 (based on SOS).  They return the following week to take on the red hot Titans who have won their last 5.  

The Colts host the Jags.  An Indianapolis win likely pushes that pick down to 16 or so.  But they have 2 tough games the following weeks - at Buffalo and at home against TB.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, time2rock said:

Dolphins host the Ravens tomorrow night.  Hopefully Baltimore hands Miami their 8th loss.  

It is too bad the Texans are on their bye this week ... a win coupled with a Miami loss would have moved the Dolphins' pick up to 2 (based on SOS).  They return the following week to take on the red hot Titans who have won their last 5.  

The Colts host the Jags.  An Indianapolis win likely pushes that pick down to 16 or so.  But they have 2 tough games the following weeks - at Buffalo and at home against TB.  

Thanks for the updates.

• Like 1

Disaster. The Dolphins pick is almost as bad as our own pick now. 

I've been hoping they'll fall apart, but it looks like they're not. 

The Miami win last night pushed that pick from 3rd overall down to 6th.  But obviously a lot of season left sooooo ... 

But I have been saying all along that Miami is a better team than their record indicated - I didn't think they would end up being one of the worst 2-3 teams in the league.

1 hour ago, RUEagle said:

And Dolphins schedule is super easy too.  They will win several more games

Yep, they're schedule is about as easy as possibly can be.

miami.PNG