Star Wars ongoing thread: The Acolyte trailer, premieres June 4

NOTW

9 hours ago, The_Omega said:

After this last episode, it’s worth revisiting this crack reporting.

I think this report is wrong. I get the feeling Pascal isn’t leaving, but in fact we’ll be seeing more of him without the helmet. I got the impression with the helmet coming off again, we’re seeing a big turn with character development. Burr’s character did a great job of questioning the Mandalorian’s strict rule. Not to mention Bo-Katan told Mando that he was apart of a zealot crew & that’s not how Mandolorians typically operate.

We’ll know the truth in season 3.

• Like 1

This series is really nailing it.  Last 3 eppys have been kick ass. 

Ming Na-Wen and Gina Carano together....Good F'ing Goddess. 

Loved that line "C'mon, let's go fill out those TPS reports".  @23:30 mark

EMB TPS funny.jpg

• Like 4

On 12/12/2020 at 11:26 PM, Green_Guinness said:

This series is really nailing it.  Last 3 eppys have been kick ass. 

Ming Na-Wen and Gina Carano together....Good F'ing Goddess. 

Loved that line "C'mon, let's go fill out those TPS reports".  @23:30 mark

EMB TPS funny.jpg

i yelled office space as soon as burr said TPS report. :roll:

great episode. the story is starting to come together after a slow burn. we are seeing the beginnings of first order along with the republic's failure by not wiping the imperials completely out. 

• Like 2

One thing I like about this show is how much of an emphasis the writers put on character development versus plot development. 

also little details like the IG-11 statue you can see in the background when they were on the planet run by Apollo Creed. 

2 minutes ago, Toty said:

it's real, it's just a glorified blowtorch

lightsaber is a bit of a stretch, but functionally equivalent 

they said plasma which I don't think I grill steaks with plasma :lol:

Just now, Toty said:

You never know until you try!

I'm sure Anakin ate some sandpeople dog steaks after his little genocidal outburst

maybe we find out in one of those new ploos shows! 

I was more than ready to find Mando with a perfect set of hair and no signs of helmet head baldness.  But can we agree the moustache was roll-your-eyes excessive?

19 minutes ago, Prime said:

Boston, MA...

"Where did I pahhhk my Ahhh-2 unit?"

you gotta go back and find the twitter comments when they  first announced it. i almost changed my name to bobba fett from woosta.

1 hour ago, dawkins4prez said:

I was more than ready to find Mando with a perfect set of hair and no signs of helmet head baldness.  But can we agree the moustache was roll-your-eyes excessive?

He looked exactly the same as he looked in Game of Thrones so it was what I expected. 

13 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

Sooo.... what are your predictions for the finale?

Luke Skywaker ?

Ezra?

F it, I'll play...Windu.

1 hour ago, iladelphxx said:

Luke Skywaker ?

Ezra?

If they include Luke I would expect it to be later on when they get to the crossover events with the other 2 new series.

So far, no one in this show has ever heard of Luke Skywalker...despite the Death Star being blown up twice.  Even the woman on Tattoine who seems to conveniently know everything, didn't know about Luke and he used to live there and came back to destroy Jabba the Hut.  But no one's heard of him.  That doesn't make sense.  But given that, I don't think the show uses him yet, if they're going to.  There was a fan suggestion to use Sebastian Stan who kind of looks like Hamill.

I haven't finished Rebels, so I guess Ezra is still alive.  Seems Filoni plants these seeds to show up later so that's possible.  

I think this will just be Mando vs Moff Gideon though.

4 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

Luke Skywaker ?

Ezra?

Cal Kestis

Cal Kestis Wallpapers - Wallpaper Cave

• Like 2

14 hours ago, NOTW said:

If they include Luke I would expect it to be later on when they get to the crossover events with the other 2 new series.

So far, no one in this show has ever heard of Luke Skywalker...despite the Death Star being blown up twice.  Even the woman on Tattoine who seems to conveniently know everything, didn't know about Luke and he used to live there and came back to destroy Jabba the Hut.  But no one's heard of him.  That doesn't make sense.  But given that, I don't think the show uses him yet, if they're going to.  There was a fan suggestion to use Sebastian Stan who kind of looks like Hamill.

I haven't finished Rebels, so I guess Ezra is still alive.  Seems Filoni plants these seeds to show up later so that's possible.  

I think this will just be Mando vs Moff Gideon though.

Yea I think it's weird that literally no one knows anything about jedi or anything immediately after a jedi had been saving the galaxy the past 10+ years. Like do planets not talk to each other? One would think the fall of the empire would be a pretty widely reported deal

10 hours ago, DoWorx said:

Cal Kestis

Cal Kestis Wallpapers - Wallpaper Cave

I hope not, that character sucks. He also wouldn't be able to teach grogu anything, he's useless and knows next to nothing about the force 

4 hours ago, devpool said:

Yea I think it's weird that literally no one knows anything about jedi or anything immediately after a jedi had been saving the galaxy the past 10+ years. Like do planets not talk to each other? One would think the fall of the empire would be a pretty widely reported deal

Yeah in TCW and Rebels they go to all these planets and people are like "He's a Jedi!" like it's well known.  There's been a lot of Jedi activity throughout the series on Tattoine, you would think someone there might have heard of Luke...who is from there.

14 hours ago, devpool said:

I hope not, that character sucks. He also wouldn't be able to teach grogu anything, he's useless and knows next to nothing about the force 

He’d be perfect I think. it’s an easy casting, and he’s a quality actor. 
I’m a little bias here though cause I want to play as grogu in the next Fallen order game lol

24 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

He’d be perfect I think. it’s an easy casting, and he’s a quality actor. 
I’m a little bias here though cause I want to play as grogu in the next Fallen order game lol

There would have to be a lot of assumptions made about a leap in his understanding of the force following the events of the first game, cause in fallen order he is extremely weak Force wise. And in turn they would have to ensure his force powers in the second game parallel what is seen in the show, unless the second game is prior to events in the mandalorian.

I'm biased though because I hate that character and that game lol. Was really hoping Vader was going to kill him at the end