Star Wars ongoing thread: The Acolyte trailer, premieres June 4

NOTW

On 12/8/2020 at 11:46 AM, Alpha_TATEr said:

this is my thought on it as well. not to knock the two animated series, but this material would've translated to live action and the big screen. tell me those last four episodes of clone wars wouldnt have made an awesome movie. 

Right.  The prequel trilogy wasted time on things no one cared about for 2 and a half movies and then rushed the events of ep 3.  More of the actual Clone Wars and Anakin turning to the dark side earlier would have been better earlier on, and more of hunting down the Jedi from order 66 should have been shown.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

I usually dislike reboots & its crazy to suggest it, because Star Wars is such a cultural staple. Even though they reboot Batman every 5-10 years. And yeah we already know how the sky walker story goes. But I sometimes wish we could get a reboot on the franchise, I definitely feel like Filoni could make it a masterpiece. I mean it’s probably best to leave the originals alone, but If they redid the prequels that’d be cool. None of that matters too much though if they continue what they’re doing & keep branching off and exploring more of the SW universe

as far as rebels goes, it is decent. But not that great. I got really into season 1 but have been on and off with trying finish the show since. 

To me it felt like The Clone Wars was like that in a way, a chance to "right the wrongs" of the prequels.  It's not all great, and I didn't care to get to know stormtroopers to that degree.  But seeing other planets, the Mandalorians, Ashoka was great, and some other things. They brought back Maul because they should not have killed him in ep 1.  We got to see the Anakin that was much better than Hayden Christensen's.

It seems like some of this extra content was trying to give fans more of what they wanted.  Darth Vader's ending scene in Rogue One is the bad arse we wanted to see in Revenge of the Sith, instead we got Anakin just killing defenseless politicians and "younglings."  

• Like 2

On 12/9/2020 at 2:39 AM, Dwide Schrude said:

I usually dislike reboots & its crazy to suggest it, because Star Wars is such a cultural staple. Even though they reboot Batman every 5-10 years. And yeah we already know how the sky walker story goes. But I sometimes wish we could get a reboot on the franchise, I definitely feel like Filoni could make it a masterpiece. I mean it’s probably best to leave the originals alone, but If they redid the prequels that’d be cool. None of that matters too much though if they continue what they’re doing & keep branching off and exploring more of the SW universe

as far as rebels goes, it is decent. But not that great. I got really into season 1 but have been on and off with trying finish the show since. 

Mando's bounty hunter droid, IG-11, was awesome.  I wish he still had it.

GraveOrganicGrayling-size_restricted.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just announced on investor day presentation. Two new streaming shows coming to Disney Plus set in the Mandolorian timeline: Rangers of the New Republic, and Asokha. Both will culminate with a major story crossover. 

Another series Andour, following Cassian Andour from Rogue One premiering in 2022.

Obi Wan series set 10 years after ROTS. Hayden returning as Vader.

Another new series Lando is coming, written by the creator of Dear White People.

Acolyte is a mystery series set in the waning days of the high republic about emerging dark side powers. 

Finally some series about Droids featuring R2 and C3po. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

Just announced on investor day presentation. Two new streaming shows coming to Disney Plus set in the Mandolorian timeline: Rangers of the New Republic, and Asokha. Both will culminate with a major story crossover. 

Another series Andour, following Cassian Andour from Rogue One premiering in 2022.

Obi Wan series set 10 years after ROTS. Hayden returning as Vader.

Another new series Lando is coming, written by the creator of Dear White People.

Acolyte is a mystery series set in the waning days of the high republic about emerging dark side powers. 

Finally some movie about Droids featuring R2 and C3po. 

This is fan-Fing-tastic.  Love them weaving the stories together. Like Marvel on steroids.

There’s also a new movie Rogue Squadron to by directed by Patty Jenkins coming in 2023 and another project in development with Taika Waititi.

• Like 3

"The Rangers of the New Republic” and "Ahsoka,” direct spin-offs of "The Mandalorian” from Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni. The latter will star Rosario Dawson in the title role she originated on "The Mandalorian,” and all three shows will intersect in "a climactic story event.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety.com/2020/tv/news/disney-plus-star-wars-marvel-pixar-series-1234850947/amp/

• "The Acolyte,” a female-centric series, billed as a "mystery-thriller” set in the final days of the High Republic era, from Leslye Headland (“Russian Doll”).

2 hours ago, opengeo said:

Has really no one watched this week's episode yet? :o 

I loved it.  Nice homage to one of my favorite movies(More than one really). 

Spoiler

Bill Burr was really good and carried the theme from the Frog/Egg/Spider episode. 

• Like 1

Just watched. Some really, really good performances. I knew it wouldn’t move the plot much, but that next week, right? Right? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Weaponx01 said:

Just watched. Some really, really good performances. I knew it wouldn’t move the plot much, but that next week, right? Right? 

This still bothers me. With how few episodes there are, they should be able to move the plot every episode.

On 9/23/2020 at 4:41 PM, opengeo said:

Mandalorian drama! Pedro Pascal out as man behind the mask. Wonder how they make this work since we’ve seen him already.

https://cosmicbook.news/pedro-pascal-out-mandalorian-voice-acting-only?amp

After this last episode, it’s worth revisiting this crack reporting.

Recapping the earlier rumor that came from YouTuber Grace Randolph, it's said that Pedro Pascal wanted to be seen in the series without his helmet, which led to him clashing with The Mandalorian creators, Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni. It's claimed that Pascal went to LucasFilm in an attempt to get LucasFilm to intervene on his behalf, but that didn't work out, which caused The Mandalorian creators to tell Pedro Pascal that he should "just go," from the set while filming Season 2, which Pascal did.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Toty said:

I love how they manage to have Bill Burr be Bill Burr, somehow a long time ago in a galaxy far far away.

Is that pretty much his shtick? I know he does stand up but never saw or heard him. If so, they did a solid job fitting it into the series and episode.

2 hours ago, Toty said:

That's his style - but he's being tame.

this is him at his best:

Correction, Burr at his best because it is so true...