Star Wars ongoing thread: The Acolyte trailer, premieres June 4

NOTW

2 hours ago, Weaponx01 said:

Excited to wake up tomorrow morning and see what Jedi name is trending on Twitter. Or if a Jedi even shows up.

I wouldn't want spoilers. I don't know why people ruin things immediately on Twitter. 

6 hours ago, NOTW said:

I wouldn't want spoilers. I don't know why people ruin things immediately on Twitter. 

Yea, well. I peeked on Twitter and basically every possible option is trending haha. I didn’t click on anything and have scrolled no further in this thread. I’m gonna try to hold out.

Holy ish.  After watching that finale, I just emailed Disney and told them that I felt bad only paying $70 for the year now, and to tell me how much more they want.

• Like 3

No spoilers here just general comments.

Agreed, some great moments and that "Wow" factor for Star Wars.  They have really done an excellent job capturing what fans want while giving us some new and fresh things as well.  And connections to characters that you care about.

The TV series have really "corrected" errors in the main trilogies since ROTJ and given fans what they want. The Clone Wars showed many elements of how the prequel trilogy should have been.  I'm only on season 2 of Rebels it's ok not as good as TCW but getting a little better.  The Mandalorian is just excellent. 

Filoni should replace Kathleen Kennedy, he just gets it.

• Like 1

Spoiler comments

Spoiler

Death Troopers are interesting.  They are like a combination of Terminators, Rock em Sock em robots and storm troopers. 

It's interesting that the Empire moved away from droids and went with clones and now they're going back to droids, but by the time the First Order in The Force Awakens has taken over, there are no droid troopers, they went back to stormtroopers and stealing kids to program them for training.

I loved the Western standoff nature of Mando getting the black saber, tying in the Mandalorian culture and lore throughout this series and others has been cool.  But, they didn't deal with the black saber.  It could have been an interesting character moment.  Mando just had that conversation with Bill Burr's character about when the right time to bend the rules makes sense, and he did it last episode and again in this one.  It could have been interesting for him to then share that same lesson with Bo-Katan, that it isn't about following the rigid rule to reclaim the saber, that she is the rightful ruler and Mando giving it to her is just as good as defeating in battle.  They kind of hinted at that, but then they jumped to the death troopers.  

Where does this series go from here?  Will we see Luke with the Child training him?  What does Mando do now?  Does he return with Bo-Katan and his story goes on a new adventure?  

I was really hoping they would take the fan suggestion and have Sebastian Stan play a young Luke.  The CGI thing is getting old.  Leia, Tarkin, Luke.  It takes me out of the story a little bit.  It looks pretty good but you still know it's not real and everything else in the show is real people in costumes.  

Boba Fett taking over Jabba's Palace was interesting.  I guess to be ruler you have to gain a bunch of weight LOL.  Disney didn't announce a Boba Fett series in their recent announcements to save that surprise.  I wonder how many won't stick around for post-credits.  It will go viral on social media though and all the entertainment blogs will be spoiling it anyway. 

Cara Dune is part of the New Republic right?  And she's never heard of Luke?  And when they see a Jedi show up, why don't they want to let him in, clearly he's on their side.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BFit said:

Hide contents

Just so I'm understanding this correctly, this mando story is done, and the next season will be bobba?

I don’t think so. I think Book of Fett is a spin-off, and Mando will be back.

1 minute ago, opengeo said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Since each episode was a "chapter", I just took that to mean this book was done and a new book will be starting.....

5 hours ago, DBW said:

Lots of nerd boners tonight 😂 

Did y’all watch the end credits and see the easta egg?

Yes. Mentioned above.