Star Wars ongoing thread: The Acolyte trailer, premieres June 4

NOTW

Ep.2, Attack of the Clones, Annakin and Padme’s wedding at the end, R2D2 and C3PO were the only ones in attendance.  Which was the best man, and which was the matron of honor?  I’d guess R2D2 was the best man.

4 hours ago, The_Omega said:

Ep.2, Attack of the Clones, Annakin and Padme’s wedding at the end, R2D2 and C3PO were the only ones in attendance.  Which was the best man, and which was the matron of honor?  I’d guess R2D2 was the best man.

Brought to you by 4/20.

I consider myself a decent Star Wars fan.  But it's not even close to what I've seen here or have known growing up.  I'm honestly nervous to type my opinion about it on an Eagles message board.  I just started the Mandalorian and I'm pretty excited about it.  

FYI - my first movie in the movie theaters was Return of the Jedi.  Thanks Dad!  

Also..........Star Trek sucks ass!  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, hputenis said:

I consider myself a decent Star Wars fan.  But it's not even close to what I've seen here or have known growing up.  I'm honestly nervous to type my opinion about it on an Eagles message board.  I just started the Mandalorian and I'm pretty excited about it.  

The Mandalorian is awesome you'll love it. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, hputenis said:

If you've watched the original trilogy and know the characters then The Mandalorian will be a treat.  It can be slow at times, but stay with it and you will be rewarded as we all were.  Favreau and Filoni have a knack for doing right by the story and the fans. 

BTW, one of my first movie theater films was the original Star Wars, Episode IV A New Hope (also a Thanks, Dad).  Once I saw Vader strike down Obi-Wan the next 2-3 times I covered my eyes as it freaked me out.  Enjoy it!

• Like 1

On 4/24/2021 at 6:56 PM, hputenis said:

No Footage So It Didnt Happen GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 1

Started Star Wars Rebels, Im a few episodes in. The internet says its better than Clone Wars but so far Id have to disagree.

1 hour ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Started Star Wars Rebels, Im a few episodes in. The internet says its better than Clone Wars but so far Id have to disagree.

i didnt think was better than clone wars, but it is a good show. plus it's connected to the new shows. (mandalorian & i assume ahsoka) 

• Like 1

I’d put Rebels ahead of the first few seasons of Clone Wars. But the last few seasons of Clone Wars was superb. Some of that early Clone Wars stuff was rough.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Weaponx01 said:

I’d put Rebels ahead of the first few seasons of Clone Wars. But the last few seasons of Clone Wars was superb. Some of that early Clone Wars stuff was rough.

i'd go with that. clone def got better and the last four episodes of the last season were as good as any movie (except rogue one) since empire. 

• Like 2

TCW is much better than Rebels.  I think both shows took a while for me to get into though.  

I still don't get how Maul, several Inquisitors, Ashoka, Kanan, Ezra and Baby Yoda (keep trying to make Grogu happen, he's Baby Yoda) were all alive during these timeframes and Obi-Wan and Yoda didn't know about it or sense it, and when Luke came on the scene none of these characters are to be found.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NOTW said:

TCW is much better than Rebels.  I think both shows took a while for me to get into though.  

I still don't get how Maul, several Inquisitors, Ashoka, Kanan, Ezra and Baby Yoda (keep trying to make Grogu happen, he's Baby Yoda) were all alive during these timeframes and Obi-Wan and Yoda didn't know about it or sense it, and when Luke came on the scene none of these characters are to be found.  

Yea that's what doesn't make any sense to me either. 

6 hours ago, NOTW said:

Didn't they say that all of the chaos and suffering in the galaxy weakened the Jedi's abilities? 

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-prequels-palpatine-jedi-force-cutoff-how/

15 hours ago, NOTW said:

I can get how they didnt sense the dark side characters, they didnt sense the sith until it was too late. i'd hope they find a way to fill in the gaps on ezra and grogu in manadlorian & ahsoka.  

speaking of ahsoka, although she was no longer a jedi, in typical stars wars fashion they created a big plot hole. one i am hoping gets explained a lot better. 

On 4/26/2021 at 8:54 PM, iladelphxx said:

Didn't they say that all of the chaos and suffering in the galaxy weakened the Jedi's abilities? 

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-prequels-palpatine-jedi-force-cutoff-how/

I mean at some point you'd have to have heard that the empire destroyed a planet and then a bunch of rebels blew up the super weapon that did it. Unless everyone was living in complete exile, which would be corny.

On 4/26/2021 at 5:50 PM, NOTW said:

Are you serious?

Yoda literally went into exile, his words, not mine. Obi wan was basically in witness protection. I could see neither of them "reaching out” so to speak. I’m sure they’ll answer as many of these questions as they can, but come on. They have shoehorned 8 movies, two lengthy cartoons, Mando, and who knows what else in around a trilogy that started 44 years ago. 

There is gonna be some gaps and y’all just need to get over it.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Weaponx01 said:

Yoda literally went into exile, his words, not mine. Obi wan was basically in witness protection. I could see neither of them "reaching out” so to speak. I’m sure they’ll answer as many of these questions as they can, but come on. They have shoehorned 8 movies, two lengthy cartoons, Mando, and who knows what else in around a trilogy that started 44 years ago. 

spoken like a sith. :ph34r:

15 hours ago, Weaponx01 said:

Yoda appears to Ezra and Ashoka in Rebels.    

https://www.cbr.com/star-wars-rebels-obi-wan-yoda-should-have-helped-crew-more/

Twice in the Jedi Temple on Lothal, Ezra encountered Master Yoda through the Force while he was in exile on Dagobah. Ahsoka even had a brief encounter with Yoda in the same place. Ezra's interactions with Maul led him to Tatooine where Obi-Wan Kenobi was living in the desert watching over a young Luke Skywalker. Both Obi-Wan and Yoda were quite aware of Kanan, Ezra and Ahsoka, as well as what they were up to.

It's at this point that one has to wonder why they didn't get more involved in the continued training of two of the last Jedi in existence. Ezra and Kanan represented the future of the Jedi as a whole, yet these two masters stayed as far away from them as they could. It could be argued that they didn't want to bring attention to themselves or any other Jedi by coming out of hiding. Even if that was true, there were other ways to support the young Jedi from afar. Ignoring the fact that they could have used the Force to communicate with each other on some level, there were also a variety of means of technological communication at their disposal. This doesn't even include getting on a starship and flying to either Dagobah or Tatooine. Had they been open to it, either Obi-Wan or Yoda could have played a much larger role in the training of Ezra and Kanan.

Obi-Wan: hey should we help these 2 Jedi, Ashoka, our friend Senator Organa and other rebels fighting the Empire?  

Yoda:  Nah.  We should stay in exile.  We wouldn't want the Emperor to know we're alive.

Obi-Wan:  Then we have the element of surprise, and could all team up together and fight them.

Yoda: No.  Let's wait 18 years until Luke is old enough so we can barely train him.

Obi-Wan: but didn't we say Anakin was too old to train at first?  So wouldn't it make sense to start training Luke younger?

Yoda: Nah, we'll wait until the Empire happens to go to Tattoine for something and murders his family first.  That'll be the motivation.

Obi-Wan: couldn't we just train him and prepare him that his father Anakin turned evil so he would be better prepared to not be tempted by the dark side and know the truth and have time to process it so his feelings wouldn't get in the way of the vital mission to end the Sith?

Yoda: No, we stick to the plan.  Exile until Luke is ready.

Obi-Wan: But a lot more people will die, and the more Jedi the better the chance of--

Yoda: Spoken, have I.

• Haha 2

Bad Batch was pretty good picks up at a good spot and moves forward. Fun little cameo for folks that watched Rebels in the beginning of the episode. Couple of other familiar faces pop up throughout the episode. And it’s 70 minutes long! Next episode is Friday and will be more of the 20-30 minute variety of a Clone Wars episode.