Star Wars ongoing thread: The Acolyte trailer, premieres June 4

NOTW

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

His character in Parks and Rec was into all the nerdy stuff.

Btw, where the hell have you been?

I've been posting in Other Sports pretty regularly. 

Stopped posting in CVON like a year ago 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NOTW said:

Pinball with explosions.  Even while praising it, they couldn't hide their smug belief that they're way above actual fans of the movie.

58 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

Pinball with explosions.  Even while praising it, they couldn't hide their smug belief that they're way above actual fans of the movie.

Yeah.  He ends with a plea for Hollywood not to just make mindless entertainment, people want to see stories about real people too or something.    :lol:

so bad batch. 

Spoiler

filoni is trying this series right into rebels. 

2 hours ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

so bad batch. 

Hide contents

filoni is trying this series right into rebels. 

So,

Spoiler

I don't think I got through all the Rebels episodes but the bad batch are in Rebels already.  The Rebels cast at one point go to the remnants of the bad batch for help.

21 hours ago, NOTW said:

So,

Reveal hidden contents

I don't think I got through all the Rebels episodes but the bad batch are in Rebels already.  The Rebels cast at one point go to the remnants of the bad batch for help.

Spoiler

that wasnt the bad batch. it was rex and two other former clones who removed their inhibitor chips. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Alpha_TATEr said:
  Reveal hidden contents

that wasnt the bad batch. it was rex and two other former clones who removed their inhibitor chips. 

Yup. I really enjoyed that storyline in rebels too

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bad batch was good.

Small sample size but there’s no way it becomes better than Clone Wars or Rebels, but it’s still good. Hope we get some Vader scenes in S2

I talked ish on Rebels in here a few months ago or so because I didnt really enjoy much of the first half of season 1. But now I'm halfway through the last season and wow its just great. Tough call if better than Clone Wars, they are both really really good.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

I talked ish on Rebels in here a few months ago or so because I didnt really enjoy much of the first half of season 1. But now I'm halfway through the last season and wow its just great. Tough call if better than Clone Wars, they are both really really good.  

agreed. clone wars was better, but again, it had the "star power" that rebels never had or could have. still, i thought rebels was really good on it's own. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2021/08/exclusive-images-and-details-on-hayden-christensens-return-as-darth-vader-in-obi-wan-kenobi.html

Apparantly, they are going to use Hayden Christensen as present-state Darth Vader - not Force Ghosts or Flashbacks.

Concept art leaked showing him out of the suit, as well as of a Bacta Tank. 

Vader_01.jpg

Tank_WM-674x1024.jpg

1 minute ago, iladelphxx said:
  Reveal hidden contents

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2021/08/exclusive-images-and-details-on-hayden-christensens-return-as-darth-vader-in-obi-wan-kenobi.html

Apparantly, they are going to use Hayden Christensen as present-state Darth Vader - not Force Ghosts or Flashbacks.

Concept art leaked showing him out of the suit, as well as of a Bacta Tank. 

Vader_01.jpg

Tank_WM-674x1024.jpg

Obi-Wan Knobi leak/spoilers

We knew this would be as Vader in the time between eps 3-4.  But the pic is cool.

Maybe like in Rogue One, they will make Vader actually cool and not just a whiny bish that kills younglings and politicians.

8 hours ago, NOTW said:

We knew this would be as Vader in the time between eps 3-4.  But the pic is cool.

Maybe like in Rogue One, they will make Vader actually cool and not just a whiny bish that kills younglings and politicians.

I'd love to see him as like a tortured, raging lunatic like this:

tenor.gif

Also, it would be awesome if they recreated this:

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2021 at 4:26 PM, NOTW said:

There was a really good book that had him as this kind of tortured soul in constant pain. It was a really good, quick read...

91d8jnMjHrL.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gannan said:

There was a really good book that had him as this kind of tortured soul in constant pain. It was a really good, quick read...

91d8jnMjHrL.jpg

That should have been the main focus on the prequels.  Anakin should have been a teen when they found him, already strong in the force and torn between dark and light.  The Emperor wanted him, the Jedi's plan to train him and mentor him to keep him from the dark side but really they are in constant fear.  When he's on their side he saves the day but displays power and dark side leanings that they fear.  When he turned, it should have been horrifying.  That short scene in Rogue One displayed that kind of vibe.  Instead of killing younglings, we needed to see him take on grown trained Jedi at the temple and show the pure evil.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, NOTW said:

That should have been the main focus on the prequels.  Anakin should have been a teen when they found him, already strong in the force and torn between dark and light.  The Emperor wanted him, the Jedi's plan to train him and mentor him to keep him from the dark side but really they are in constant fear.  When he's on their side he saves the day but displays power and dark side leanings that they fear.  When he turned, it should have been horrifying.  That short scene in Rogue One displayed that kind of vibe.  Instead of killing younglings, we needed to see him take on grown trained Jedi at the temple and show the pure evil.

I agree. The book gives you insights into his mental state, how uncomfortable the suit was, the constant agony he was in, his love of the lost Padme and his hate for Palpatine. All good stuff that would have been great on screen. 

• Like 1