Star Wars ongoing thread: The Acolyte trailer, premieres June 4

NOTW

Chat GPT:  Write a 3 paragraph summary of a Star Wars movie if it were an R-rated horror movie.

In this R-rated Star Wars horror film, the galaxy is plunged into a nightmarish realm of terror. A dark and ancient Sith cult, long thought extinct, resurfaces with a sinister agenda to harness forbidden powers that defy the laws of the Force. Rey, sensing the disturbance, embarks on a perilous journey to confront this malevolent force, only to find herself trapped on a desolate and haunted Sith-infested planet. As she uncovers the cult's gruesome rituals and witnesses the atrocities committed in the name of ultimate power, Rey must confront her deepest fears and the dark secrets hidden within her own lineage.

The film's visual style takes a grim turn, with haunting landscapes, ominous shadows, and grotesque Sith monstrosities that lurk in the shadows. Lightsaber duels become visceral and brutal encounters, while the Force transforms into a nightmarish entity that twists and corrupts those who attempt to wield it. The ensemble cast faces relentless horrors, with each character being tested both physically and psychologically as they struggle to survive the onslaught of Sith horrors and the encroaching darkness.

As Rey battles to overcome the malevolent force threatening the galaxy, the horror intensifies, culminating in a chilling climax that leaves the audience questioning the very nature of the Force and the thin line between light and dark. This R-rated Star Wars installment offers a terrifying twist to the familiar saga, exploring the horror elements that lurk beneath the surface of the Force and the consequences of tapping into the forbidden aspects of the mystical energy field.

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Chat GPT:  Write a 3 paragraph summary of a Star Wars movie if it were an R-rated horror movie.

In this R-rated Star Wars horror film, the galaxy is plunged into a nightmarish realm of terror. A dark and ancient Sith cult, long thought extinct, resurfaces with a sinister agenda to harness forbidden powers that defy the laws of the Force. Rey, sensing the disturbance, embarks on a perilous journey to confront this malevolent force, only to find herself trapped on a desolate and haunted Sith-infested planet. As she uncovers the cult's gruesome rituals and witnesses the atrocities committed in the name of ultimate power, Rey must confront her deepest fears and the dark secrets hidden within her own lineage.

The film's visual style takes a grim turn, with haunting landscapes, ominous shadows, and grotesque Sith monstrosities that lurk in the shadows. Lightsaber duels become visceral and brutal encounters, while the Force transforms into a nightmarish entity that twists and corrupts those who attempt to wield it. The ensemble cast faces relentless horrors, with each character being tested both physically and psychologically as they struggle to survive the onslaught of Sith horrors and the encroaching darkness.

As Rey battles to overcome the malevolent force threatening the galaxy, the horror intensifies, culminating in a chilling climax that leaves the audience questioning the very nature of the Force and the thin line between light and dark. This R-rated Star Wars installment offers a terrifying twist to the familiar saga, exploring the horror elements that lurk beneath the surface of the Force and the consequences of tapping into the forbidden aspects of the mystical energy field.

kathleen kennedy just put out statement claiming that Chat GPT is part of a patriarchal society that holds women back in the stone ages. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I fell into a YouTube hole this morning and wound up watching some SW videos 

I know we were talking about Finn and Poe a few weeks ago and how those characters were kinda pointless and should have probably been condensed into one character, blah blah blah... 

That lead me to a different character..... What the hell was the point of Maz Kanata? 

She was probably the most useless Star Wars character in any movie 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

kathleen kennedy just put out statement claiming that Chat GPT is part of a patriarchal society that holds women back in the stone ages. 

I'm scared she'll see the rom com one and do something like that.

4 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

I know we were talking about Finn and Poe a few weeks ago and how those characters were kinda pointless and should have probably been condensed into one character, blah blah blah... 

That lead me to a different character..... What the hell was the point of Maz Kanata? 

She was more pointless in the 2nd and 3rd movie - and quite silly seeing her in a jet pack firing a blaster.

Part of recycling parts from the OG trilogy, she was a little bit of a call back to Yoda.  A creature who appears at first to just be a nobody, who ends up holding a key to Rey's journey to the Force.  Not a Jedi, but she's the one who found the lightsaber and she said she knows the of force or however she put it.  She is the one who told Rey that her parents aren't coming back and her future lies with Luke.  To me, that scene made it obvious that she wasn't related to anyone we knew prior.  She was an orphan who had to let that go, and embrace her journey to become a Jedi and find a new father figure in Luke.  That is a much more compelling story anyway.

So Maz was a plot device to give her the lightsaber, which "awoke" the force in Rey.

It was unnecessary, since Leia could have met Rey and sensed the force in her and there you go.  But it also seemed they were going for some more non-human creatures as well.  

19 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

Regarding Finn and Poe, I don't think they needed to be merged into one character.  I think they both needed to be developed better.

A stormtrooper who was kidnapped as a child and forced to train, who flees and doesn't want to do evil and defects to the escape is at least an original idea.  He should have had PTSD and in total fear.  Instead he immediately is cocky, mouthing off, tries to rescue Rey, gets in Han's face giving him attitude, etc.  He should have been quiet and scared.  They should have cast doubt that he might be a planted spy - the way Ben in Lost was at first.  Finn could feed them information and they would debate whether to trust him or not, are they going into a trap?  

Poe was fine as a top pilot and hero but he was also too cocky the entire time.  He was even mouthing off to Kylo Ren after he should have been scared seeing his power.  They did his humbling in the 2nd movie which was handled poorly.  But Poe should have completely mistrusted Finn and argue against including him while Rey would be trusting. Ultimately, Leia would need to make the judgement call and use the force to sense if Finn is trustworthy.

Finn should have had an opportunity to prove himself with providing information and performing a low scale activity, not lead a mission.  Then for his development in the 2nd and 3rd movies he develops into a more important player with the rebels. 

4 hours ago, NOTW said:

She was more pointless in the 2nd and 3rd movie - and quite silly seeing her in a jet pack firing a blaster.

Part of recycling parts from the OG trilogy, she was a little bit of a call back to Yoda.  A creature who appears at first to just be a nobody, who ends up holding a key to Rey's journey to the Force.  Not a Jedi, but she's the one who found the lightsaber and she said she knows the of force or however she put it.  She is the one who told Rey that her parents aren't coming back and her future lies with Luke.  To me, that scene made it obvious that she wasn't related to anyone we knew prior.  She was an orphan who had to let that go, and embrace her journey to become a Jedi and find a new father figure in Luke.  That is a much more compelling story anyway.

So Maz was a plot device to give her the lightsaber, which "awoke" the force in Rey.

It was unnecessary, since Leia could have met Rey and sensed the force in her and there you go.  But it also seemed they were going for some more non-human creatures as well.  

I know what she did in the first movie - I'm saying none of it made sense after the 2nd and 3rd, and in the end it didn't even matter.    

5 hours ago, NOTW said:

Regarding Finn and Poe, I don't think they needed to be merged into one character.  I think they both needed to be developed better.

A stormtrooper who was kidnapped as a child and forced to train, who flees and doesn't want to do evil and defects to the escape is at least an original idea.  He should have had PTSD and in total fear.  Instead he immediately is cocky, mouthing off, tries to rescue Rey, gets in Han's face giving him attitude, etc.  He should have been quiet and scared.  They should have cast doubt that he might be a planted spy - the way Ben in Lost was at first.  Finn could feed them information and they would debate whether to trust him or not, are they going into a trap?  

Poe was fine as a top pilot and hero but he was also too cocky the entire time.  He was even mouthing off to Kylo Ren after he should have been scared seeing his power.  They did his humbling in the 2nd movie which was handled poorly.  But Poe should have completely mistrusted Finn and argue against including him while Rey would be trusting. Ultimately, Leia would need to make the judgement call and use the force to sense if Finn is trustworthy.

Finn should have had an opportunity to prove himself with providing information and performing a low scale activity, not lead a mission.  Then for his development in the 2nd and 3rd movies he develops into a more important player with the rebels. 

Here's my attempt at coming up with a better story for The Force Awakens in about 15 minutes:

Kylo Ren is basically like a  new Sith Inquisitor - he's hunting down Force Sensitive beings and trying to recruit them to the Dark Side before Luke Skywalker can find them and recruit them to become Jedi.  He kills anyone who refuses.   The Knights of Ren are the ones who converted.  This would all be explained in the opening title crawl.

The movie opens with him attacking the village trying to find a Force Sensitive, who turns out to be Rey, but the Max Von Sydow character tells her to flee before they arrive.   The old man plays dumb, Kylo does the mind reading thing and sees Rey's face,  kills the old man and orders his troops to kill everyone in the village and find the girl.   The whole thing with Finn happens, where he refuses to kill the innocent villagers.  Finn and another Storm Trooper ultimately find Rey but he winds up knocking out the other trooper and helps Rey escape.   Rey tells him that before she left, the old man told her to travel to town and find "The General" who can take her to the new Jedi Academy, where she will be safe.  They evade capture and ultimately find "The General" who turns out to be Han Solo....  Han reluctantly gets talked into taking her to see Luke, who he blames for losing his son (At this point we don't know that Kylo Ren is Ben Skywalker -Han thinks his son was killed in a battle against the First Order)

Basically the same thing happens as in Star Wars - they travel to the planet with the new Jedi Temple and they find that it has been surrounded by the First Order fleet.   They get caught by a tractor beam, brought on board Ren's command ship and thrown in jail cells.  

At this point, Poe, who is an Imperial Pilot/Rebel Spy, breaks them out and they escape to the planet below.    Kylo Ren and the Knights of Ren chase after them and they wind up cornering them in an old cave or something....  the whole Ben Skywaler reveal happens and he kills Han.   All seems lost until......  Luke Skywalker appears with the surviving Jedi and they fight the Knights of Ren and Kylo in an epic lightsaber battle.   In space, Princess Leia, Admiral Akbar and the New Republic Fleet arrives to fight off the First Order ships.   Luke defeats Kylo but doesn't kill him and Kylo is able to escape in his ship and fly away.   The First Order retreats.

The movie ends with Luke standing outside the wreckage of the new Jedi Temple with Rey, who agrees to become his padwan.

• Like 1

I saw a series of videos on YouTube a few weeks back with an alternative story using the Disney Trilogy characters using Chat GPT (I think). Wasn't perfect and a bit silly, but was way above the slop from Lucasfilm. It had character arcs, made use of the OGs and Rey was almost likeable.

13 hours ago, UK Eagle said:

I saw a series of videos on YouTube a few weeks back with an alternative story using the Disney Trilogy characters using Chat GPT (I think). Wasn't perfect and a bit silly, but was way above the slop from Lucasfilm. It had character arcs, made use of the OGs and Rey was almost likeable.

I did a series of Chat GPT about a month ago redoing the sequel trilogy and they all sounded better than what we got.

The new movie with Rey I did this week, the R rated horror one sounds actually interesting at least. 

9 hours ago, NOTW said:

I did a series of Chat GPT about a month ago redoing the sequel trilogy and they all sounded better than what we got.

The new movie with Rey I did this week, the R rated horror one sounds actually interesting at least. 

Nice.

This one had Luke in all of it and some plotline holdover from the Disney films, but in a way that kinda made sense.  More Republic politics too.

Highlights how bad the Disney films were when AI can consistently write better films.

Kylo Ren was originally supposed to remain evil, Rey originally "had a connection to Obi-Wan."

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/adam-driver-star-wars-changed-kylo-ren-arc-redemption-1235836477/?fbclid=IwAR1v8LQalazK76h4vXQguDNCgKEQD5C7yZxjUsqCufvuU7bq23HOFbWC2DQ

Adam Driver Says Kylo Ren’s Original ‘Star Wars’ Arc Got Overhauled: He Was Supposed to Be the ‘Most Committed to the Dark Side’ by the End

Disney's creative process, in a nut shell

"At the beginning there was toying with like an Obi-Wan connection,” Ridley said at the time. "There were like different versions, and then it really went to that she was no one. Then it came to Episode IX and J.J. pitched me the film and was like, ‘Oh yeah, Palpatine’s grandaughter.” I was like, ‘Awesome!’ Then two weeks later he was like, ‘Oh, we’re not sure.’ So it kept changing. Even as we were filming I wasn’t sure what the answer was going to be.”

No wonder their film stories have been getting steadily worse

Rebel Moon. Awful. Boring. Snyder really thinks he makes epic movies. It ripped off Star Wars and at least 15 other movies, just like Avatar (and even ripped off Avatar). 

On 12/22/2023 at 2:04 AM, NOTW said:

Rebel Moon. Awful. Boring. Snyder really thinks he makes epic movies. It ripped off Star Wars and at least 15 other movies, just like Avatar (and even ripped off Avatar). 

It looks terrible.  Snyder is the Carson Wentz of directors.

On 12/22/2023 at 6:04 AM, NOTW said:

Rebel Moon is a rejected Star Wars project isn't it? So the rip off makes sense

5 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

I'm sure the shills on X and YouTube will be dribbling at that trailer.  Can't see many people watching it as Disney have **** on their own Star Wars door step for the past 4 years.  Few people care about Star Wars anymore.

5 hours ago, UK Eagle said:

Rebel Moon is a rejected Star Wars project isn't it? So the rip off makes sense

And considering how bad Star wars is, you can imagine how bad rejected Star wars must be.

And it looks like there are 2 Directors cuts of Rebel Moon part 1 and 2 coming. A bad Star Wars ripoff getting the extended re-release is peak Hollywood

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, UK Eagle said:

And it looks like there are 2 Directors cuts of Rebel Moon part 1 and 2 coming. A bad Star Wars ripoff getting the extended re-release is peak Hollywood

You know the studio execs already mapped out the Rebel Moon Universe with all of the potential spinoffs, prequels and origin stories 

3 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

You know the studio execs already mapped out the Rebel Moon Universe with all of the potential spinoffs, prequels and origin stories 

They should have made those origin stories first before releasing that mess.

23 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

Yep :lol:

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/rebel-moon-timeline-history-explained-zack-snyder-800-years-lore/

Rebel Moon Star Reveals Zack Snyder Has 800 Years of Lore for Franchise

On 12/25/2023 at 10:22 PM, iladelphxx said:

Shows how bad studio execs are doesn't it?  You make the first film an event and get engagement in the lore so people know what is going on.  Nah, let's let Zack does his thing