Star Wars ongoing thread: The Acolyte trailer, premieres June 4

NOTW

9 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

Shows how bad studio execs are doesn't it?  You make the first film an event and get engagement in the lore so people know what is going on.  Nah, let's let Zack does his thing

A critic described his style one time as a series of stylistic visual scenes instead of proper story and plot development. It's all style and no substance.  It makes perfect sense when you view his work.  He has ideas for a cool visual or the way a character will look or something he thinks will look cool as an action sequence - and always in slooooooow motion - but it's strung together with poorly written plot points.

Rebel Moon steals from so many movies I lost count.  All he did was take elements from so many other things we've seen and throw them into a blender.  I had some hope when I saw Charlie Hunnam was in the cast but like the rest of the movie it was a disappointment.  There was some bad casting choices, it was all very predictable and I didn't care about a single character.  I got bored and kept looking at my phone half the time. It's getting roasted on social media with the same type of comments.

So what he needs is a partnership with a good writer to meld the visuals with a solid story?  I've just looked at social media, and yeah, getting slammed still.

I did see that Rebel Moon had a Daario Naharis (version 1) vs Daario Naharis (version 2) scene in it.

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

17 hours ago, NOTW said:

A critic described his style one time as a series of stylistic visual scenes instead of proper story and plot development. It's all style and no substance.  It makes perfect sense when you view his work.  He has ideas for a cool visual or the way a character will look or something he thinks will look cool as an action sequence - and always in slooooooow motion - but it's strung together with poorly written plot points.

Rebel Moon steals from so many movies I lost count.  All he did was take elements from so many other things we've seen and throw them into a blender.  I had some hope when I saw Charlie Hunnam was in the cast but like the rest of the movie it was a disappointment.  There was some bad casting choices, it was all very predictable and I didn't care about a single character.  I got bored and kept looking at my phone half the time. It's getting roasted on social media with the same type of comments.

There were times I couldn't make out the dialogue because all I had in my head was an Honest Trailer in real time.  Pure hilarity how a Space Opera ramming in 3 Y.A. Novels worth of backstory & world building yet the most fought over plot device was a friggin harvest surplus?  w...t...f.  It was like Interstellar's Okra extinction and The Three Amigos Santo Poco rolled into one.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dawkins4prez said:

There were times I couldn't make out the dialogue because all I had in my head was an Honest Trailer in real time.  Pure hilarity how a Space Opera ramming in 3 Y.A. Novels worth of backstory & world building yet the most fought over plot device was a friggin harvest surplus?  w...t...f.  It was like Interstellar's Okra extinction and The Three Amigos Santo Poco rolled into one.

The entire war across the galaxy hinges on this tiny community's small crops surplus!  The Space NSDAP uniforms were silly too, and already done in Starship Troopers. 

They cast Djimon Hounsou (actor from Gladiator) then put him literally outside a Roman Coliseum. :lol:

The female lead is a secretly trained weapon (5th Element) hiding in a small town farming community who all dress like a cross between the cast of Firefly and The Hunger Games.  She joins the Rebel cause once the Empire attacks (A New Hope) and the main villain kills the elder of the community (Obi-Wan).  They need to go to a space port to find a scoundrel with a ship (Han Solo) who hides in the back of the dark pub with a hood on and at first seems like he's going to attack the heroes but actually he helps them and is the one they're looking for all along (Aragorn, Lord of the Rings).  They have to gather teammates crucial to help the mission (Rogue One) like a slave who is set free when one of the leads makes a bet with the slave owner (Phantom Menace) who has to compete in a challenge that he's never actually won before but the lead just has faith in him anyway (Pod Race), they also pick up an Asian character trained in martial arts with a weapon that is similar to a lightsaber but not a Jedi with a lightsaber (Rogue One).  The ships, the droids, the laser blasters...we need the Chris Rock "George Lucas gonna sue somebody!" from Jay & Silent Bob movie.  :lol:

Even the title Child of Fire you can't help but feel it's ripping Game of Thrones A Song of Ice and Fire.  There wasn't an original idea or thought in the entire movie. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

so basically, it's just a spoof of a ton of other movies/shows ? 

Not a spoof. He took it very seriously. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

so basically, it's just a spoof of a ton of other movies/shows ? 

Not a spoof. Very serious.  He thinks he makes epic movies.  He thinks he's world building and has 800 years of lore to include.  It's just a ripoff of every other popular franchise, mostly Star Wars but about a dozen other movies stolen from.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

Game of the Star Rings 

I asked ChatGPT: Write a movie title that borrows from Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones, The Hunger Games, Firefly and The 5th Element.

Results:

• "Galactic Thrones: Rings of the Star Games"

• "Galactic Thrones: Rings of Fire in the 5th Element"
  • "The Cosmic Saga: Thrones of Firefly's Elemental Games in a Galactic War"

• "Realm Wars: Echoes of the Galactic Thrones"

• Haha 1

The new Rey film is very special., apparently

https://collider.com/star-wars-rey-movie-sharmeen-obaid-chinoy/

Those big picture things...

• Excitement is growing for the upcoming Rey movie, set 15 years after The Rise of Skywalker.
  • Director Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy expresses her enthusiasm for the project, calling it "something very special."
  • Obaid-Chinoy's role as the first woman and person of color to fully direct a Star Wars movie is long overdue and highlights the importance of diversity in the franchise.

No one is is excited about a Rey film, set in whatever future they create, it won't be special and who cares who the director is, if the film doesn't make any money.  Disney gonna Disney

• Like 1

She’s going to need to form a little support group with Nia DiCosta.

Yeah, The conversation over Coffee about which film lost more money at the box office will be an interesting one

17 hours ago, UK Eagle said:

I mean I honestly couldn’t think of a character I want to see a solo movie of less than Rey. She was the biggest issue with the last trilogy. Her character sucked and I didn’t really like Ridley either.

• Like 1

Doubling down on a character that lacks screen presence doesn't work for me.  Sure the writing was bad on the Disney trilogy, but Ridley is just sadly forgettable as an actress. I can recall Fin, because Boyega can act and polished the character for all he was worth. Same as Adam Driver

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

Doubling down on a character that lacks screen presence doesn't work for me.  Sure the writing was bad on the Disney trilogy, but Ridley is just sadly forgettable as an actress. I can recall Fin, because Boyega can act and polished the character for all he was worth. Same as Adam Driver

I agree. Ridley really had nothing big or special about her. Her story was also lame which didn’t help. And her accent… Oh my god I just couldn’t listen to her.

i dont think the question has been asked yet in regards to "live action" ahsoka .....

smash ? 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

i dont think the question has been asked yet in regards to "live action" ahsoka .....

smash ? 

Twi'leks are auto smash brah.  If you don't know that GTFO outta the thread!

44 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

ylnsjzm7j0s61.gif

8 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Twi'leks are auto smash brah.  If you don't know that GTFO outta the thread!

i guess UK needs to gtfo. :roll:

• Haha 1

On 1/2/2024 at 3:33 PM, UK Eagle said:

https://collider.com/star-wars-rey-movie-sharmeen-obaid-chinoy/

Those big picture things...

• Excitement is growing for the upcoming Rey movie, set 15 years after The Rise of Skywalker.
  • Director Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy expresses her enthusiasm for the project, calling it "something very special."
  • Obaid-Chinoy's role as the first woman and person of color to fully direct a Star Wars movie is long overdue and highlights the importance of diversity in the franchise.

No one is is excited about a Rey film, set in whatever future they create, it won't be special and who cares who the director is, if the film doesn't make any money.  Disney gonna Disney

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

i guess UK needs to gtfo. :roll:

It's the resting beyotch face that puts me off

Did you put the dishes away

29ea1273748540ba56fd88bbd655334932747b80

Did you just fart

rosario-dawson-ahsoka-copy.jpg?fit=1200,

Is that another beer you are having

1180w-600h_081723_meet-the-characters-of

Gomorah from GOTG. Yes please and twice on a Sunday

4 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

They need to add in a new scene about hiring a Diverse Female Activist Director and telling men they are sexst again