Giants fire Joe Judge, Daniel Jones for 2022 in question

Procus

I give Judge less than 50% chance to return.  The org likes him so doesn't want to hang him out, but they know damn well new GM will want his guys.

On 12/27/2021 at 10:05 PM, BKLYNYG said:

I think you’re underestimating the impact good OL play has on a QB. Switch Jones and Hurts and the results would be similar. Jones has never had the benefit of time in the pocket or a running game. No QB can succeed under those conditions. None. 

Enough excuses for Jones, he's a bust like Barkley....move on.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, toolg said:

Gettleman is expected to "retire" on Monday. Joe Judge is on the hot seat. 

I hope Joe goes out swinging, I'd love to see another 11 minute train wreck of a presser.

28 minutes ago, toolg said:

I prefer he gets fired. That’s what he deserves. 

I thought Judge was 50/50 on coming back next year, but now the odds are a little worse. 

24 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

I prefer he gets fired. That’s what he deserves. 

I thought Judge was 50/50 on coming back next year, but now the odds are a little worse. 

For all intents and purposes, Gettleman is fired. Forced retirement. They're giving him the dignity to walk away "retired".

I feel like any new GM will want to clean house and start with a new coach. I think it will be a difficult search for replacement if ownership is adamant to keep Judge.

1 hour ago, toolg said:

For all intents and purposes, Gettleman is fired. Forced retirement. They're giving him the dignity to walk away "retired".

I feel like any new GM will want to clean house and start with a new coach. I think it will be a difficult search for replacement if ownership is adamant to keep Judge.

I want the public disgrace. 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BKLYNYG said:

I want the public disgrace. 😂

I don't know if you're of an age that's old enough to remember the Ray Handley era (I remember it with very fond memories...), but I remember the chants in Giants stadium of "Ray Must Go", set to the "Tomahawk Chop" cadence. How long before "Ray" is replaced with "Joe" in that chant?

• Like 2

On 12/26/2021 at 8:17 PM, pisceschica said:

Or anyone for that matter. Because of him I don’t get why some fans get excited about high draft picks.
Thank goodness for that 2017 season; we lived long enough to see the eagles win at least one super bowl -_-

If Howie is so bad, why are the Eagles back in the playoffs after only a one year absence?

5 hours ago, toolg said:

I'm not so sure.  GM of the Giants is a plum job.  The ownership is not meddlesome.  NY is the premier market in the league and the Giants are a storied franchise.  I would think qualified candidates would be lining up for that position.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Procus said:

If Howie is so bad, why are the Eagles back in the playoffs after only a one year absence?

Me... 

• Haha 1

On 1/2/2022 at 3:49 PM, Boogyman said:

i.png

I think the EMB has rules against posting selfies on ATNFL

10 hours ago, toolg said:

this is terrible news 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Procus said:

I'm not so sure.  GM of the Giants is a plum job.  The ownership is not meddlesome.  NY is the premier market in the league and the Giants are a storied franchise.  I would think qualified candidates would be lining up for that position.

We have some pieces on defense, a few good individual players on offense (including a solid LT) and two top 10 picks. I’m sure there’s a ton of GMs out there that think they can turn this around. 

6 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I don't know if you're of an age that's old enough to remember the Ray Handley era (I remember it with very fond memories...), but I remember the chants in Giants stadium of "Ray Must Go", set to the "Tomahawk Chop" cadence. How long before "Ray" is replaced with "Joe" in that chant?

I was on the young side so I remember that time in Giants history, but not specific chants. 

1 hour ago, BKLYNYG said:

We have some pieces on defense, a few good individual players on offense (including a solid LT) and two top 10 picks. I’m sure there’s a ton of GMs out there that think they can turn this around. 

Regardless, it's the New York Giants - the best franchise in NY.  It's where NFL offices are based.  It's in the biggest metro area in the country.  It's New York.  People want that job.  If somebody has confidence that he can be a good GM, he thinks he can turn that team around.  You're not dealing with the Jags or Lions.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

I was on the young side so I remember that time in Giants history, but not specific chants. 

Just think of the Tomahawk Chop chant that they do in K.C., but use the words 'Raaaay Must Goooo-oooo-oooo, Raaaay Must Goooo-oooo-oooo' over and over, then also imagine the fans at the old Giants Stadium chopping their hands like the K.C. fans do, while they chanted it. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

I've always admired your optimism

14 hours ago, Procus said:

Last place schedule.

37 minutes ago, Perforator said:

Last place schedule.

Yes, but if they are a last place team, shouldn't they be losing half of their games to other last place teams?

Didn't the Eagles win a SB with a last place schedule?