Giants fire Joe Judge, Daniel Jones for 2022 in question

Procus

18 hours ago, Procus said:

If Howie is so bad, why are the Eagles back in the playoffs after only a one year absence?

Have u seen the rest of NFC? The eagles making the playoffs doesn’t mean he’s a good GM. Yes there are worse than him but still.

1 hour ago, pisceschica said:

Have u seen the rest of NFC? The eagles making the playoffs doesn’t mean he’s a good GM. Yes there are worse than him but still.

They're in the NFL, and making the playoffs is an accomplishment every year.  That's a poor excuse.  If anything, both conferences are relatively well balanced this year.

8 hours ago, Perforator said:

Last place schedule.

I guess the SB win didn't count then

16 hours ago, Procus said:

I guess the SB win didn't count then

If you think they are winning a Super Bowl this year I have a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn lol. One and done. The only thing they are accomplishing is having worse draft position next year.

1 hour ago, Perforator said:

If you think they are winning a Super Bowl this year I have a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn lol. One and done. The only thing they are accomplishing is having worse draft position next year.

Do you have reading comprehension issues?  Did I say anything remotely to suggest I thought the Eagles were winning the SB?  I said that the Eagles won a SB during a year in which they had a last place schedule.

Didn't there used to be some guy on the old board that was involved in college football, knew Joe Judge and basically said he was the second coming and was going to turn the Giants around almost immediately?  He always came off extremely arrogant and talked down to everyone when discussing the game.

20 hours ago, Procus said:

Do you have reading comprehension issues?  Did I say anything remotely to suggest I thought the Eagles were winning the SB?  I said that the Eagles won a SB during a year in which they had a last place schedule.

Has all that stuffed cabbage gone to your head?

"This ain’t a team that’s having fistfights on the sidelines … this ain’t some clown show organization or something else’’

Screenshot_20220110-065538_ESPN.thumb.jpg.84eaf846794e7ba1287187c4b679260c.jpg

• Haha 2

DG is gone. With two first round picks that’s the most important thing right now. Let’s see what the new GM thinks about Judge. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

DG is gone. With two first round picks that’s the most important thing right now. Let’s see what the new GM thinks about Judge. 

That's a real shame that DG has gone. I mean I know you won't think that but as an Eagles fan I wanted him to stay and live forever. 

• Like 1

On 1/9/2022 at 3:59 PM, Boogyman said:

Didn't there used to be some guy on the old board that was involved in college football, knew Joe Judge and basically said he was the second coming and was going to turn the Giants around almost immediately?  He always came off extremely arrogant and talked down to everyone when discussing the game.

That was probably the guy who was a Notre Dame fan and had ties to Temple. He said the same about matt rhule from temple coach of the Panthers. 

• Like 1

On 1/9/2022 at 1:05 PM, Boogyman said:

Can we get back to talking about how bad Joe Judge and the Giants are?

Yes.

50 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Exactly.  If I were going to hire a new GM, I'd let the new GM make the decision on the head coach before taking any action.  But I can't imagine any GM worth his bones who would take that job and retain Judge.

22 hours ago, Boogyman said:

https://giantswire.usatoday.com/2022/01/09/joe-judge-first-new-york-giants-coach-history-lose-13-games-single-season/

Joe Judge becomes first Giants coach in history to lose 13 games in a season

See above - can you imagine a new GM coming in and being on board with Judge being retained as head coach?

1 minute ago, Procus said:

See above - can you imagine a new GM coming in and being on board with Judge being retained as head coach?

Or an owner, how do you bring a top guy in to be GM, and tell him he can't pick his coach? Idiotic. If Judge had a NFL resume and accomplishments, maybe it would be a bit different. 

Top GMs will absolutely want to come here, even with Judge in place. I see three possibilities. The new GM selects who they want in the draft and in FA and then fires Judge if 2022 is a failure. They select the players and retain Judge if 2022 is a success (with all the credit going to the new GM for picking the right players). Third option is ownership caves and let’s the new GM pick the coach. These jobs don’t come around very often. I’m not sure anyone in their right might passes it up if offered. 

On 1/8/2022 at 11:07 AM, pisceschica said:

There are many, many worse than him and that’s kind of the point right? Putting together a good roster every single year is extremely difficult. Few GMs are able to do it. Howie does it better than most, whether we want to acknowledge it or not. 

1 hour ago, wrestlevessel said:

This sucks. The Giants fired Judge. Now we are doomed. 

This has to happen.  I suspect the Maras were under huge pressure from outside to do it. 

I still can't believe so many veteran fans took the Giants front office at face value when they said Judge was safe.  Next up is Danny Nickels.  Dude is in the exact same position Darnold was last year and he's shown about the exact same trajectory so far.  If the Giants can unload him for a 3rd and a conditional he is a goner.

Saquan is also a goner.  But if the new GM is smart he will build Saquan up next year and trade him at deadline.  RB's have no value in offseason, but they do at the deadline.

45 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

I still can't believe so many veteran fans took the Giants front office at face value when they said Judge was safe.  Next up is Danny Nickels.  Dude is in the exact same position Darnold was last year and he's shown about the exact same trajectory so far.  If the Giants can unload him for a 3rd and a conditional he is a goner.

Saquan is also a goner.  But if the new GM is smart he will build Saquan up next year and trade him at deadline.  RB's have no value in offseason, but they do at the deadline.

I thought Judge had a 50/50 shot, until the last two weeks. He sunk his own ship. 

This was an important time for a new GM to come in. Zero chance Barkley gets a long term deal now. No running back should. They rarely work out. I’d take a 3rd for Jones, but that won’t happen. I really don’t want the new GM to pick a QB in the draft. It’s just setting him up to fail. Use both picks on OL and let Jones play out the year. Fortunately for the Giants Dak is really the only starting caliber QB in the division, and it’s been proven the Cowboys are better when he throws less. WFT is clearly in the market for a QB and the Eagles will be this time next year. You can only run a college style offense for so long in this league. The Giants can wait another year to find a QB. 

• Like 1