Giants fire Joe Judge, Daniel Jones for 2022 in question

Procus

I guess it's time to lock this baby up.  Goes to show that you have to wait until the end of the season to see how these things shake out.

23 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

I thought Judge had a 50/50 shot, until the last two weeks. He sunk his own ship. 

Do you think he's still fired if you all had made the playoffs last season?

On 1/11/2022 at 8:51 PM, BKLYNYG said:

I thought Judge had a 50/50 shot, until the last two weeks. He sunk his own ship. 

This was an important time for a new GM to come in. Zero chance Barkley gets a long term deal now. No running back should. They rarely work out. I’d take a 3rd for Jones, but that won’t happen. I really don’t want the new GM to pick a QB in the draft. It’s just setting him up to fail. Use both picks on OL and let Jones play out the year. Fortunately for the Giants Dak is really the only starting caliber QB in the division, and it’s been proven the Cowboys are better when he throws less. WFT is clearly in the market for a QB and the Eagles will be this time next year. You can only run a college style offense for so long in this league. The Giants can wait another year to find a QB. 

Disagree.  They will select a Qb in the draft.  Go get Teddy Bridgequarterback while he develops.  Unload Nickels for a 3rd (if you can get it).  Wipe that shite clean.

On 1/11/2022 at 4:51 PM, BKLYNYG said:

This was an important time for a new GM to come in. Zero chance Barkley gets a long term deal now. No running back should. They rarely work out. I’d take a 3rd for Jones, but that won’t happen. I really don’t want the new GM to pick a QB in the draft. It’s just setting him up to fail. Use both picks on OL and let Jones play out the year. Fortunately for the Giants Dak is really the only starting caliber QB in the division, and it’s been proven the Cowboys are better when he throws less. WFT is clearly in the market for a QB and the Eagles will be this time next year. You can only run a college style offense for so long in this league. The Giants can wait another year to find a QB. 

You can't possibly be honest with yourself by saying you'd have Jones play next year. He hasn't shown much. At least give Jones competition.

On 1/12/2022 at 7:30 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Do you think he's still fired if you all had made the playoffs last season?

Yup. He melted down the last few weeks of the season. I still place 80% of the blame on Gettleman, but Judge just needed to hold it together for a few more weeks and he couldn’t. 

13 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

Disagree.  They will select a Qb in the draft.  Go get Teddy Bridgequarterback while he develops.  Unload Nickels for a 3rd (if you can get it).  Wipe that shite clean.

I’d rather use draft capital to build other areas of the team (OL) and roll with Jones for another year than bring in some retread QB. If they go OL-QB with the first two picks that wouldn’t be terrible I guess, but I prefer OL with both. 

6 hours ago, gameshowfan91 said:

You can't possibly be honest with yourself by saying you'd have Jones play last year. He hasn't shown much. At least give Jones competition.

Yea let him play out his contract. He’s cheap and I still think he can win games if you give him some semblance of an offensive line. Bring in the competition and/or replacements next year. The new GM may go a different route, but that’s my preference. 

27 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Yup. He melted down the last few weeks of the season. I still place 80% of the blame on Gettleman, but Judge just needed to hold it together for a few more weeks and he couldn’t. 

But it would be really, REALLY cool to give some of the credit... err... blame, to Doug for that final game of last season... 

On 1/13/2022 at 10:08 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

But it would be really, REALLY cool to give some of the credit... err... blame, to Doug for that final game of last season... 

I was living in Giants country when that happened. OMG they were so upset, it was great.