GDT: Philadelphia Eagles @ Washington Football Team, 1-2-22 1PM EST

EagleJoe8

Just now, xxeaglesfanxx said:

I’d say draft 2 defenders and a playmaker in the first. If they can get a a weapon next to Smith it will open things up greatly and he’ll be even better.

I'd draft 3 defense and sign a WR in FA if it were me. But I'll caveat that by saying that it depends how the board shakes out.

1 minute ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Load up on defense in the draft, sign a WR and this team wins division next year

You can’t really just go into a draft with the idea of loading up on defense, no matter what. Your two highest rated players on the board: you have an offensive player you think will be a pro bowler and you have a defensive player you think will be an average to maybe above average starter. You choosing the defender?

1 minute ago, CheesesteakNBeer said:

Hey mr dope

Gannon finally flipped the script and brought pressure. Funny how that works...

That vanilla coverage on the last drive almost gave a backup quarterback a game winner.

Dont be so salt. Philly won. Try not to blow your load after 1 quarter of football.

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

So let's just keep track here... ATL lost so all of those scenarios are still in play?

I'm not sure- trying to keep track of it after this game. Situation is fluid.

8 minutes ago, rrfierce said:

So have we clinched play offs ?

Not yet. Gotta pull for GB and SF and if they win, we're in. That's the easiest path in.

Just now, Talonblood said:

I'm not sure- trying to keep track of it after this game. Situation is fluid.

The easiest thing for us is... Win next week and we are in. Anything above that is just a bonus. 

Just now, EagleJoe8 said:

Not yet. Gotta pull for GB and SF and if they win, we're in. That's the easiest path in.

Could root for a Panthers win too. 

Just now, Uscg-green said:

I drive to new Carrollton. Between Annapolis and DC. It's about a 30 min Metro ride. Switch trains once. Not bad. I live across the bay bridge. 

I’m about 45 from DC. If I did Metro it would be a 30 minute drive to Springfield and then I have no clue how many stops. Your path sounds easier lol

2 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

49ers need to win, with a Viking loss.

Or a Panthers win with a Vikings loss. 

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'd draft 3 defense and sign a WR in FA if it were me. But I'll caveat that by saying that it depends how the board shakes out.

Always depends on the board. If there’s two stud receivers available he’ll I’d be down as long as 1 of the 3 is defense and they don’t draft a qb.

6 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Load up on defense in the draft, sign a WR and this team wins division next year

I agree but I truly believe pass rush has to be the top priority. Be it in the draft or FA, and I don’t even know what pass rushers are expected to be FAs. But we need pass rush. 

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

The easiest thing for us is... Win next week and we are in. Anything above that is just a bonus. 

Well maybe better for all our nerves if we are in before playing the cowboys, don’t you think? 👀

Always depends on the board. If there’s two stud receivers available he’ll I’d be down as long as 1 of the 3 is defense and they don’t draft a qb.

I don't completely disagree... But by the draft you'd have needed to sign one of the potentially top available WRs... And that's the way I would go. 

1 minute ago, Infam said:

Well maybe better for all our nerves if we are in before playing the cowboys, don’t you think? 👀

Oh no doubt. I'm not sure how I'll get through the game next weekend if we need to win to get in. 

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I don't completely disagree... But by the draft you'd have needed to sign one of the potentially top available WRs... And that's the way I would go. 

Yeah just depends on what they do in free agency as well. All I know is they can’t trot Reagar out there again next year as the #2 and Watkins is talented but not a #2.

5 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

AB looking for a team 👀

Yeah just depends on what they do in free agency as well. All I know is they can’t trot Reagar out there again next year as the #2 and Watkins is talented but not a #2.

Agreed and agreed. Get rid of Reagor, just take the L there. And Watkins is good but yeah he's a #3 or #4.

2 minutes ago, QuinnWR4 said:

I agree but I truly believe pass rush has to be the top priority. Be it in the draft or FA, and I don’t even know what pass rushers are expected to be FAs. But we need pass rush. 

Yeah Barnett is gone unless he’s back in a prove it deal.

4 minutes ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

I’m about 45 from DC. If I did Metro it would be a 30 minute drive to Springfield and then I have no clue how many stops. Your path sounds easier lol

Oh yeah. You would ride the whole line lol. Opposite sides

4 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah that’s the big thing to keep in mind, is how the board shakes out. I have a feeling if it’s not working out the way they want, they’ll trade down in order to obtain another 1st for next year. 

My ideal situation would to come out of the first round with a pass rusher and a playmaker at LB/safety. And if we use the third 1st rounder, take a WR. 

Just now, rrfierce said:

AB looking for a team 👀

No thanks. No one needs that cancer.

As much as I can't stand this DC, the D did pitch a shutout in the 2nd half. Got a TO, a couple of sacks, etc...

6 minutes ago, olsilverhair said:

still need a qb for next year

what team needs a QB?

Not the Eagles.

7 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

BAM!

Archived