GDT: Philadelphia Eagles @ Washington Football Team, 1-2-22 1PM EST

EagleJoe8

image.thumb.jpeg.f28c8c727a87ca88be125a406d7fbd86.jpeg

UPDATE: sheet just got real…turns out he was running to Newark International 

10 hours ago, KINGnabb said:

Give Washington Props, they played much better today.    I was about to be so upset with D and Gannon but they cleaned up that.   Good Win.   Felt like a playoff game in a way.   

They played much better and lost?  How so? 

10 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Mialata had a rough game. 

Really?  No penalties, didn't give up any sacks that I recall.  Run game was pretty good. 

2 minutes ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

Really?  No penalties, didn't give up any sacks that I recall.  Run game was pretty good. 

He got beat on a lot of speed rushes. A few times Hurts was about to get him from the blind side by Mialata’s man, but Hurts was scrambling out the pocket. Really the whole line struggled especially in the first half. They had a difficult time opening holes for the run game. Fortunately the coach stuck with the run game regardless. 

2 hours ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

They played much better and lost?  How so? 

Dude, Dallas destroyed and embarrassed them on national TV.  They came out much better today on Offense and Defense.   Let's not forget they were driving for the win as well.   Considering how they played last week, I was giving them props.   

6 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

He got beat on a lot of speed rushes. A few times Hurts was about to get him from the blind side by Mialata’s man, but Hurts was scrambling out the pocket. Really the whole line struggled especially in the first half. They had a difficult time opening holes for the run game. Fortunately the coach stuck with the run game regardless. 

Pressurezzz

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Pressurezzz

Hurtezzz leggzzz turned guaranteed sackzzzzzz into pressurezzzzzz. Just sayin. 

7 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Hurtezzz leggzzz turned guaranteed sackzzzzzz into pressurezzzzzz. Just sayin. 

I just wanted to get you with the pressurezzz stuff lol. 

3 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I just wanted to get you with the pressurezzz stuff lol. 

Hurts had a few good completions and I think he threw on out of bounds due to pressurezzzzz. It was a prime example of how pressurezz do not do as much as an actual sack. It’s a mixed bag and if the player doesn’t get home anything can happen. 

8 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Hurts had a few good completions and I think he threw on out of bounds due to pressurezzzzz. It was a prime example of how pressurezz do not do as much as an actual sack. It’s a mixed bag and if the player doesn’t get home anything can happen. 

We have always been in agreement on this that and chip Kelly hatred lol. 

I actually didn't get to watch any of the game. Depending on who you listen to it sounds like Hurts had a decent game

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

We have always been in agreement on this that and chip Kelly hatred lol. 

I actually didn't get to watch any of the game. Depending on who you listen to it sounds like Hurts had a decent game

Hurts IMO had a very solid game. He was under a lot of pressure even though the line gave up one sack, and the first half gun game struggled. WFT actually ran the ball better than the Eagles did. Much of the first half was dominated in the trenches by Washington. Hurts in the first half didn’t stand out much, but he was completing passes. The second half everything seemed to change (although it sure seemed the the refs were just letting the WFT just maul our receivers) because the run game got going and Hurts led them down the field with a long second half scoring drive for a touchdown. Every time it seemed like he needed to make a big throw he made it or he ran for a big first. If Wentz did what Hurts did the fan base would’ve creamed themselves. It was Hurts so they rather just chose to be mostly silent about it. 

15 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

. If Wentz did what Hurts did the fan base would’ve creamed themselves. It was Hurts so they rather just chose to be mostly silent about it. 

I know who to listen to when it comes to this stuff lol. I've been down the middle on Hurts for the most part. 

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

I know who to listen to when it comes to this stuff lol. I've been down the middle on Hurts for the most part. 

There’s about one person on this site who truly believes Hurts is the guy and that is @Infam. Most of us are somewhere in the middle. Not really sure what he is, but understands that he’s a young player who will make mistakes. Then there’s the group of people who have been salty every since Wentz left. Still blaming everyone but Wentz for anything Eagles related have always had a grudge against Hurts, because he got drafted. Hurts will never be any good to these people. He’s the homewrecker in their eyes. You can’t convince these people so it’s better to just make fun of them. 😂

7 hours ago, KINGnabb said:

Dude, Dallas destroyed and embarrassed them on national TV.  They came out much better today on Offense and Defense.   Let's not forget they were driving for the win as well.   Considering how they played last week, I was giving them props.   

That is true, but they also played a much better team last week. 

On 1/3/2022 at 2:23 AM, EazyEaglez said:

Okay that's fair, I do remember Hurts getting flushed out a few times because he got beat. 

On 1/3/2022 at 4:16 AM, KINGnabb said:

Oh okay that makes more sense, I thought you were saying they played much better than us and lost. 

4 hours ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

Okay that's fair, I do remember Hurts getting flushed out a few times because he got beat. 

According to PFF the Eagles offensive line was magnificent all game. To me it looked like the entire first half Washington controlled the LOS on both sides of the ball, but the second half was a much different story. 

Archived