Eagles-Cowboys Week 18 Flexed to Saturday, January 8, 2022 8:15pm

Wallyhorse

It's quite possible the NFL puts Cowboys-Eagles on Saturday night at 8:15 to assure the game means something for the Cowboys depending on what happens with the Cowboys today against the Cardinals to assure that game matters for both teams.

Of course, if the 49ers, Saints and Vikings ALL LOSE, the Eagles are in and the game next week is only a matter of whether they want to be the 6 or 7 seed. 

Cowboys putting up a dud against Arizona right now. Pretty much ruined their chances at the first season especially if the Packers win tonight. 

1 hour ago, Wallyhorse said:

Of course, if the 49ers, Saints and Vikings ALL LOSE

Actually we need the niners to win. Which looks like it's going to happen. If Vikes lose to GB tonight, next week will mean nothing to either team. Glorified Scrimmage. 

1 hour ago, Wallyhorse said:

It's quite possible the NFL puts Cowboys-Eagles on Saturday night at 8:15 to assure the game means something for the Cowboys depending on what happens with the Cowboys today against the Cardinals to assure that game matters for both teams.

Of course, if the 49ers, Saints and Vikings ALL LOSE, the Eagles are in and the game next week is only a matter of whether they want to be the 6 or 7 seed. 

incorrect. There are more scenarios for us to make playoffs despite the niners saints and vikings all to lose. Niners have got the game in hand. We just need Packers to win tonight and we are good.

12 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Actually we need the niners to win. Which looks like it's going to happen. If Vikes lose to GB tonight, next week will mean nothing to either team. Glorified Scrimmage. 

From what I heard on RZ, a Dallas loss today and they can still get the 1 seed with a W against us and a lot of other things to go their way. 

Just now, GroundAttack said:

From what I heard on RZ, a Dallas loss today and they can still get the 1 seed with a W against us and a lot of other things to go their way. 

Green Bay has to lose though for them to get a chance at 1. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Green Bay has to lose though for them to get a chance at 1. 

Dallas would need to win tonight, have the packers lose tonight. Dallas to win next week, Packers to lose to Lions which is unlikely 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Godfather said:

It'll be Chargers/ Raiders imo

That is more likely to be SUNDAY night football at this point.

This is about the SATURDAY night slot, which with the Cowboys having lost AND the Saints winning means regardless of whether the Eagles win or lose, the 49ers STILL must win on Sunday to assure a playoff spot because the Eagles and Saints win a three-way tiebreaker.

And it's looking like it will be SATURDAY night because the Cowboys MUST win that game to have ANY chance of avoiding being the #4 seed. 

41 minutes ago, GroundAttack said:

incorrect. There are more scenarios for us to make playoffs despite the niners saints and vikings all to lose. Niners have got the game in hand. We just need Packers to win tonight and we are good.

Now the Eagles simply have to win next week no matter what.  The 49ers also have to win BUT in their case the Rams are still playing for the NFC West, so 49ers-Rams and Seahawks-Cardinals are likely to be at 4:25 PM ET Sunday UNLESS both of those games go to Sunday Night Football and are split between NBC AND EITHER Sunday Ticket or USA Network and Cozi-TV (NBC's DT-2 Channel). 

17 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

Now the Eagles simply have to win next week no matter what.  The 49ers also have to win BUT in their case the Rams are still playing for the NFC West, so 49ers-Rams and Seahawks-Cardinals are likely to be at 4:25 PM ET Sunday UNLESS both of those games go to Sunday Night Football and are split between NBC AND EITHER Sunday Ticket or USA Network and Cozi-TV (NBC's DT-2 Channel). 

The Packers win tonight, we are in the playoffs.

Birds have to win next weekend! It’s dallass week! 

2 hours ago, CalgarEAGLES said:

Birds have to win next weekend! It’s dallass week! 

No they don't. It's now a glorified Scrimmage. 

The Sat/Sun night games are probably:

Rams/49ers

Chargers/Raiders {Most likely Sunday night winner gets in}

Falcons/Saints

Steelers/Ravens (If Steelers win Monday)

3 hours ago, Procus said:

We very well may be playing the Rams in the first round

Yup.  The eagles coming to my hood.  I live like a mile from the Rams stadium in Inglewood.  I’ll be representing for sure if it happens 

last eagles game I’ve been to was when we beat them at the colosseum in 17’ and wentz got broken diving into the end zone and I was right in that corner of the end zone to see it.  We got the win but I was crushed thought out season was over.  Then came foles 

• Like 1

I guess it's official ... on the SNF post-game, they said Eagles-Cowboys is the Saturday night game.

Even the sun shine's on a dog's ass every now and then...congrats, Wally, lol

25 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Why they making a meaningless game a nationally televised game?

Agreed. Makes no sense. I think they should rest the starters after a quarter or so and then unleash JJAW. 🙂

This is a better option than playing Sunday then potentially traveling to play @ LA or TB the following Saturday (a short week).