Showtime Thread: Yellow Jackets

Gannan

6 hours ago, we_gotta_believe said:

Watched the first couple episodes again and picked up on a lot of things I missed the first time around. Totally missed the part about Lottie being a schizo. Thought it was anxiety or ADD, but this makes more sense.

Spoiler

She also ran out of her meds

And of course the crazy one was able to convince the group of going crazy lol

Just now, Mike030270 said:
  Hide contents

She also ran out of her meds

And of course the crazy one was able to convince the group of going crazy lol

Yeah that's what I meant. I knew she ran out from watching it the first time, but thought they were for anxiety or the like. 

• Like 2

Ok so I just finished the season. Yeah in less than a week. 😂 

I’m a little confused about the opening scene where the girl was running and fell in the hole. At first we were lead to believe it was Shawna because the necklace but then Shawna gave the necklace to Jackie in high school, so it looks like that was Jackie….except she froze to death.  So who the hell was it?  

also they’re showing what we suspect was cannabism but we haven’t actually seen them eat anyone yet.  Unless the plan to thaw out Jackie and roast her in season 2.  

39 minutes ago, DBW said:

I’m a little confused about the opening scene where the girl was running and fell in the hole. At first we were lead to believe it was Shawna because the necklace but then Shawna gave the necklace to Jackie in high school, so it looks like that was Jackie….except she froze to death.  So who the hell was it?  

also they’re showing what we suspect was cannabism but we haven’t actually seen them eat anyone yet.  Unless the plan to thaw out Jackie and roast her in season 2.  

Yeah man - that's part of the mystery.  Who the hell was it.  I addressed part of it earlier in this thread.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

Yeah man - that's part of the mystery.  Who the hell was it.  I addressed part of it earlier in this thread.  

Yeah it’s really a mystery because every girl with long dark hair is accounted for.  Even Lottie who is evidently leading the cult back home and blackmailing the others.  

the other unaccounted for person is Javi.  He ran off but to where? 

4 hours ago, DBW said:

I think it's just misdirection they used to get us to watch

The thing that probably bothers me way more than it should, is the thumbnail graphic they have for the show where an actual yellow jacket is on Jackie's face. Like wtf is that about when we never see a single yellow jacket on the show, let alone on her face. I need the world to make sense.

I’m just gonna put this link here. It was early in the run, but Juliet lewis is a Fing train wreck.  Does she even know what the story is?  If they don’t kill her off early in season 2, idk what they expect to get out of this.  Young Nat is a Fing gem, but Juliet basically ruins her character and then to openly say Her character is sheet?!?!? Wow! 

[\spoiler]

• 2 months later...

finished a few days ago. enjoyed it but not sure if I'm on the paranormal fence or unreliable narrator fence 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

finished a few days ago. enjoyed it but not sure if I'm on the paranormal fence or unreliable narrator fence 

I like both...Gives it a bit more "realism" if you will.

• 1 month later...

Shameless S.11 is a total comeback for the show.  Top 5 season for the series.

• 1 month later...

I binged like 5 episodes of Yellow Jackets last night.  It's entertaining enough but I can now confirm that Amazon's The Wilds is a better show with much less fanfare.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

I binged like 5 episodes of Yellow Jackets last night.  It's entertaining enough but I can now confirm that Amazon's The Wilds is a better show with much less fanfare.

Might have to check that one out

Just now, mikemack8 said:

Might have to check that one out

Yellow Jackets has the advantage of Ricci and Lewis, but The Wilds is simply a much better script.  The girls have more a Breakfast Club dynamic and it's got some rolling funny comic relief.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dawkins4prez said:

Yellow Jackets has the advantage of Ricci and Lewis, but The Wilds is simply a much better script.  The girls have more a Breakfast Club dynamic and it's got some rolling funny comic relief.

I do enjoy the mystery of Yellowjackets - is it supernatural or all a product of them going crazy from being alone in the wild for so long

• Like 2

Just now, mikemack8 said:

I do enjoy the mystery of Yellowjackets - is it supernatural or all a product of them going crazy from being alone in the wild for so long

The shows are really, really similar.  They are both basically Lost with teenage girls.  Or at least Lost when it was still a plane crash show before going off the rails.  YJ's has a supernatural angle, The Wilds goes with sci-fi.

• Like 1

One thing I will say about Yellowjackets - everyone seemed to be a fan of Shonna - I thought she sucked, both the teenage and the adult version.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

One thing I will say about Yellowjackets - everyone seemed to be a fan of Shonna - I thought she sucked, both the teenage and the adult version.  

The two shows even have some direct counterparts among the girls.  There's the religious one, the black winner takes all one, the ginger tomboy, the nerd McGuyver, the rich one and yes there is a black haired average looking "Shauna" as the main character in The Wilds.  Again, I think all of these characters are more nuanced and the dynamic between them is livelier in The Wilds.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

entitled to your opinion obviously, but are you sure you're not saying that bc of recency bias/being able to compare 2 seasons of The Wilds to 1 of YJ? 

I would lean The Wilds atm but admittedly have it fresher in my mind due to the 2nd season just finishing so that could be why. More material and context to judge it on.

I tend to like the darker/more supernatural shows so if that's what happens with YJ then that is gonna be my answer. But if they chicken out of it for the unreliable narrator angle that's gonna piss me off. 

1 minute ago, JBENT87 said:

entitled to your opinion obviously, but are you sure you're not saying that bc of recency bias/being able to compare 2 seasons of The Wilds to 1 of YJ? 

I would lean The Wilds atm but admittedly have it fresher in my mind due to the 2nd season just finishing so that could be why. More material and context to judge it on.

I tend to like the darker/more supernatural shows so if that's what happens with YJ then that is gonna be my answer. But if they chicken out of it for the unreliable narrator angle that's gonna piss me off. 

I think you will like my answer.  I only saw ep1 of S2 The Wilds.  Since yellow jackets got so much more pub I decided to watch it and then decide which of the 2 I'm going forward with (only room for one of em, right?).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

I think you will like my answer.  I only saw ep1 of S2 The Wilds.  Since yellow jackets got so much more pub I decided to watch it and then decide which of the 2 I'm going forward with (only room for one of em, right?).

wow yeah I guess I do respect that answer if you havent seen all of s2 yet. 

I think you could definitely watch both though, if you wanted. They aren't mirror image shows, and youll see some of that more with s2 of Wilds. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So I'm a few episodes in on S2 of The Wilds - wasn't crazy about them introducing another group but it hasn't been terrible.  I just finished the episode where

Spoiler

The kid that got the downer gets mad at the one other kid and holds him down in the tent and faps over top of him - WTF :lol: This show is pretty ridiculous 

@dawkins4prez @JBENT87

Thought it was a series on the Frankford Yellow Jackets.  Oh well.

• Haha 1