Showtime Thread: Yellow Jackets

Gannan

On 6/28/2022 at 8:30 AM, mikemack8 said:

One thing I will say about Yellowjackets - everyone seemed to be a fan of Shonna - I thought she sucked, both the teenage and the adult version.  

She was nominated for an award. Can't remember if it was an Emmy or what

No idea how

• 4 months later...
Just now, Mike030270 said:

I think I liked Wilds more than this

I liked them both, but I really wanted to see what would happen after S2 of The Wilds

Just now, mikemack8 said:

I liked them both, but I really wanted to see what would happen after S2 of The Wilds

I liked this but I was disappointed it was just some crazy girl convincing everyone

The Wilds season 2 cliffhanger was really good and I had a ton of questions that wont get answered now lol

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finishing up my season 1 rewatch. I think streaming episodes are releasing Fridays and showtime broadcasts will be Sunday night. I already had the $99 or maybe $119 a year paramount plus subscription and the showtime add-on was like $20/year so I will probably be watching the season 2 premiere sometime tomorrow. (Just started rewatch of S1E08)

Episode 1 was decent 

Spoiler

Nice that they introduced a second group of girls this season - or at least I have ZERO recollection of that group where the one girl is annoying and sings a lot.  Only thing I can figure is they had to introduce some more people for the cannibal storyline since we know most/all of the main cast survives to adulthood.  

9 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

Episode 1 was decent 

Hide contents

Nice that they introduced a second group of girls this season - or at least I have ZERO recollection of that group where the one girl is annoying and sings a lot.  Only thing I can figure is they had to introduce some more people for the cannibal storyline since we know most/all of the main cast survives to adulthood.  

I think they were there (one definitely one) last season — they just never got any lines lol 

• Like 1

Spoiler

Shauna went all "weekend at Jackie’s” and the rest went "all you can eat at Jackie’s” 🤣 

Lottie is a hotty as an adult.  Crazy as F but hot girls being crazy tracks 

On 3/27/2023 at 7:04 PM, DBW said:

Hide contents

Shauna went all "weekend at Jackie’s” and the rest went "all you can eat at Jackie’s” 🤣 

Lottie is a hotty as an adult.  Crazy as F but hot girls being crazy tracks 

She's "crazy" hot as a "teen" too (she's 27):

Courtney Eaton

Hottest Courtney Eaton Bikini Pics - ViraLuck

Courtney Eaton Hot Photos - Barnorama

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TEW said:

I finished S1… I hope there is something more satisfying at the end of this than Lost.

I feel like half of season 1 is the "at the end” part of the story! 

• 2 weeks later...

Halfway through season 2 and it feels like we're getting nowhere - hoping things pick up in the second half.  The adult storylines are super disjointed so far, and the stuff from the woods is super bogged down.  Maybe that's intentional, as things would probably be similar in real life in the middle of a canadian winter, but it's been borderline boring IMO 

• Like 1

Whew. Thank god.

I thought this thread was gonna be about that Amazon moustache girl.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2023 at 1:14 PM, mikemack8 said:

Halfway through season 2 and it feels like we're getting nowhere - hoping things pick up in the second half.  The adult storylines are super disjointed so far, and the stuff from the woods is super bogged down.  Maybe that's intentional, as things would probably be similar in real life in the middle of a canadian winter, but it's been borderline boring IMO 

It is definitely getting boring.  And still no real answers to many questions.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, homerpat said:

Assuming they eat that baby next episode 

How quickly does that (unfrozen) meat go bad tho? 

maybe shauna actually produces milk (since she’s not having a fever dream) and they all just suck her tiddies the rest of the season 

• Haha 2

The writers have said that they will not be eating the baby 

This episode was strong - the scene at the end when they were all reunited at the commune was really good.  It was obvious that the baby was stillborn and Shauna was dreaming or whatever but it was still well done. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

The writers have said that they will not be eating the baby 

This episode was strong - the scene at the end when they were all reunited at the commune was really good.  It was obvious that the baby was stillborn and Shauna was dreaming or whatever but it was still well done. 

Give them another rough winter and I wouldn’t buy that, but I assume they still have a teeny bit of humanity still in them. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Season 2 was kind of a mess, to be honest.  I'll still watch the next season, whenever it is, but these writers need to clean their ish up 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

Season 2 was kind of a mess, to be honest.  I'll still watch the next season, whenever it is, but these writers need to clean their ish up 

I'm struggling to get through it.   The Wilds otoh, has earned a S3 watch from me.  Yellow Jackets plays like Alive meets The Coven.  It's got a nice lipstick but keeps feeling increasingly hollow.  The Wilds is more of a Lord of The Flies update with a little Lost-y sci fi thrown in.  I just feel like it has more interesting things to say, including a massively underrated S2 villain.  Both are YA shows at heart, but the kids in the Wilds flow more naturally to me.

4 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

I'm struggling to get through it.   The Wilds otoh, has earned a S3 watch from me.  Yellow Jackets plays like Alive meets The Coven.  It's got a nice lipstick but keeps feeling increasingly hollow.  The Wilds is more of a Lord of The Flies update with a little Lost-y sci fi thrown in.  I just feel like it has more interesting things to say, including a massively underrated S2 villain.  Both are YA shows at heart, but the kids in the Wilds flow more naturally to me.

The Wilds was canceled.  Amazon does a poor job marketing their shows

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

Yeah it was a disaster compared to the first season.  I struggled to get through it. 

10 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

The Wilds was canceled.  Amazon does a poor job marketing their shows

Ah boooo.  Doesn't surprise me, it had no buzz, like you said not marketed at all.  A shame really because Seth, the emotionally intelligent monster, was one of the more original characters I'd seen in a teenie show/movie in a good while.

• Like 1