Head Coach Carousel

CouchKing

Jim Harbaugh reportedly readying to leave Michigan for NFL (msn.com)

Why doesn't Harbaugh join the Raiders now? For the playoff run.

How big of a contract do you think Harbaugh gets?

Ranking the NFL's Top Head Coaching Candidates for 2022 Job Openings | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights

Gannon not mentioned as potential head coach....yet.

Doug Pederson also not mentioned in that article.

Kiszla: It’s time for Broncos to say thanks and goodbye to Vic Fangio, then hire Doug Pederson as coach – The Denver Post

Denver Post writers pining for Doug Pederson. Would they trade for Nick Foles as well?

Jaguars Head Coach Search: Pros and Cons to Doug Pederson's Candidacy (msn.com)

Doug, don't go to the Jags. They're terrible . . . unless they're playing Wentz and the Colts with the playoffs on the line.

There was a link saying Gannon could be sought after for a HC job. Doesn't make any sense but still lol

It's really about who Doug hires as coordinators

Brian Flores’ firing is sparking up Jim Harbaugh speculation (msn.com)

Jim Harbaugh to the Dolphins?

Nick Foles to the Dolphins too? 

The coaching hot stove is heating up.

Ross, the owner of the Dolphins, donated $400mil recently to Michigan and has probably lured Harbaugh to the Dolphins.

Does Doug Pederson land in Las Vegas now?

Bears Fire Head Coach Matt Nagy After Four Seasons (msn.com)

"Ohh, the humanity" (Quote from video of Hindenburg crashing.)

It's firing season in the NFL. Vicious. Non nonsense. "It's Monday. We need to let you go."

Not sure what happened in Chicago was Nagy's fault, but maybe he should have started Nick Foles.

22 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

I can’t believe Brian Flores was fired.

He:

- Took over a bottom 3 team

- Turned it around almost immediately 

- Started 1-7 this season

- Turned it around, then got his guys to play hard Week 18 and beat the Patriots

Maybe Flores gets another shot

NFL coaches fired

• Brian Flores, Dolphins
  • Matt Nagy, Bears
  • Mike Zimmer, Vikings
  • Vic Fangio, Broncos
  • Urban Meyer, Jaguars
  • Jon Gruden, Raiders (resigned)

5 hours ago, SB52 said:

He:

- Turned it around, then got his guys to play hard Week 18 and beat the Patriots

Yeah that one has me perplexed. It'll be interesting to see what comes out over the next week or so about what went down there. That owner is atrocious. 

2 hours ago, LacesOut said:

Ummmmmmmmmm there is already a thread for this, the Black Monday one.

Op started in Tate

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CouchKing said:

Is that a good job? They need to hire a GM as well. Looks like an uphill battle, especially with Green Bay in their division.

The Packers are about to implode if/when Rodgers leaves. Jordan Love doesn't look like he's the answer. Watch, there will be a mass exodus. NFC North division will be wide open. 
Jacksonville looks tougher. They have to compete with Tennessee and Indy, the roster is in worse shape, but at least there's Trevor Lawrence to work with.

22 hours ago, CouchKing said:

Maybe Flores gets another shot

NFL coaches fired

• Brian Flores, Dolphins
  • Matt Nagy, Bears
  • Mike Zimmer, Vikings
  • Vic Fangio, Broncos
  • Urban Meyer, Jaguars
  • Jon Gruden, Raiders (resigned)

Flores will be a Giant

5 hours ago, Vee said:

Flores will be a Giant

Did I miss something with Judge? Last I heard the Giants already confidently said they were keeping him for next season. So not sure how Flores will be a Giant. He’s going to get another head coaching job. Probably be the first hire made. 

16 hours ago, wrestlevessel said:

What moron would hire Gannon as a head coach?

Gannon gives great sound bites and no doubt interviews well.  Some team could be foolish enough to hire him based on that.

18 minutes ago, Procus said:

Gannon gives great sound bites and no doubt interviews well.  Some team could be foolish enough to hire him based on that.

The thing is, I actually think he’s CAPABLE of being a good DC. He makes good halftime adjustments, which usually involves dialing up some pressure.  His downfall is he waits until halftime to start bringing the pressure, after the opposing offense has spent the first half torching the D. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, wrestlevessel said:

Giants fired Judge. We are dooommmmmmmmmeddddddddddddd.

that sucks big time

On 1/10/2022 at 8:48 AM, SB52 said:

He:

On 1/10/2022 at 2:47 PM, vsptroops said:

Yeah that one has me perplexed. It'll be interesting to see what comes out over the next week or so about what went down there. That owner is atrocious. 

My perception of an article I read was that it was more of a personality conflict/clash than it was performance. 

• Like 1

Report: Vikings Will 'End Up Interviewing' Former Eagles Head Coach Doug Pederson (msn.com)

Pederson interviewing with Jags, Broncos, Bears, Vikings

Brian Flores to interview with Bears for HC job - Sports Illustrated

That was fast. Hopefully not Flores to the Giants.

Quite frankly, I'd like to see Flores hired before Harbaugh gets hired by Miami.

IMHO Doug's best fit is Raiders.  They have to think they were headed on the right track having made the playoffs.  With Doug you get a nicer version of Chuckie (same coaching tree/offensive philosophy) who can come in and oversee what they already have in place.  He also kinda fits the Raiders 2nd chances history.

20 hours ago, Vee said:

Flores will be a Giant

I dunno, DC's already get the shaft when it comes to HC opportunities and what went down in Miami is going to scare off old school owners (which is almost all of them).  Khan is the kinda oddball who could go for it but I doubt he's looking for somebody who would potentially bruise his pretty long haired Lawrence.  I'd say he'd be a great fit with Giants or Bears personnel wise but methinks he'll end up back as DC.