Should Howie Roseman be Considered For Executive of the Year? (Update: Belichick won)

EazyEaglez

I know that for the most part Howie is considered a pariah around these parts. Most people consider him a bad GM and frankly he does have some bad attributes. I won’t go into detail with any of those. They have been discussed numerous times already. Still Howie has had his good moments and has won Executive of the Year in the past. The question now becomes has he earned a chance at another? First off consider how he’s walked away from a SB winning coach and his franchise quarterback, hired an upstart coach no one considered would amount to anything, and used a quarterback people said was a running back. Despite all of that the team still made the playoffs in what was supposed to be a rebuild year. Speaking of that rebuilding he also managed to get his team two additional 1st round draft selections and his 2021 draft had numerous contributing rookies to a playoff team. His free agent signings have been more miss than hit for sure, but that is also due to the fact the 2021 Eagles were under serious cap constraints, yet Howie was still able to form a playoff team with a winning record. I’m sure people will have their own opinions and most of them will have little to nothing to do with his 2021 off-season and season, but the bottom line that what he needs to be judged on. Like him or not Howie had a very good 2021.

• Haha 2

I’m not even saying he should win it, but if Sirianni should be in the COY talk then Howie definitely should be in EOY talks too. 

• Haha 1

If Howie got his way last offseason, Josh McDaniels would be the Eagles coach right now.  Just sayin'.  

Not yet but I think consideration would have to be given if we won it all (or came this close).

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Macho Grande said:

If Howie got his way last offseason, Josh McDaniels would be the Eagles coach right now.  Just sayin'.  

Not sure if that’s good or bad though. No idea how McDaniels would be as coach right now though I’m not a fan of any of those guys from Belicheat’s coaching tree. 

32 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Not yet but I think consideration would have to be given if we won it all (or came this close).

I feel like if this team wins a playoff game against the reigning SB champs he has to get some serious consideration. 

Really like what Roseman is doing in general, think he is a team builder and usually points us in the right direction.

Draft was good, some decent FAs and he got rid of that bum QB - but Executive of the year might be a bit much..

1 minute ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

he has had a good season, but no. all is is doing is cleaning up his on mess. 

I get it and I agree. With that being the case isn’t that what we want? I mean is it better he stayed the course into foolishness? Feels like we want to have it both ways. Be mad at him for screwing up and being mad at him for fixing it at the same time. 😂

7 minutes ago, The Holy Vagabond said:

😂

oh how the worm has turned!

IMO I don’t think this means Howie is completely redeemed either. I just think he had a good 2021. 

10 minutes ago, Infam said:

Really like what Roseman is doing in general, think he is a team builder and usually points us in the right direction.

Draft was good, some decent FAs and he got rid of that bum QB - but Executive of the year might be a bit much..

Who’s been so much better than Howie this off-season that had a better turnaround than the Eagles? 

14 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I get it and I agree. With that being the case isn’t that what we want? I mean is it better he stayed the course into foolishness? Feels like we want to have it both ways. Be mad at him for screwing up and being mad at him for fixing it at the same time. 😂

oh im not mad that he is fixing it, im happy as hell, just dont think he should be rewarded on that level. his head is already overinflated from 2017. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, time2rock said:

This would literally be the only way I would consider him gm of the year otherwise f no he's still a bum

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, downundermike said:

No From Me Dawg GIFs | Tenor

Of course it is. He shipped out your boy Wentz, miraculously, for a 1st round pick. What robbery. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aspiritfall said:

This would literally be the only way I would consider him gm of the year otherwise f no he's still a bum

I’ve been critical in the past but Howie nailed it last offseason. Managed to ship out that bum Wentz for a 1st and 3rd, got yet another 1st and still landed Smith in the first. The rest of the draft class looks extremely promising as well with Dickerson, Gainwell, and Milton Williams. Hell, even Tarron Jackson and Patrick Johnson have made small contributions, which isn’t really expected of 6th/7th round picks. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, nipples said:

I’ve been critical in the past but Howie nailed it last offseason. Managed to ship out that bum Wentz for a 1st and 3rd, got yet another 1st and still landed Smith in the first. The rest of the draft class looks extremely promising as well with Dickerson, Gainwell, and Milton Williams. Hell, even Tarron Jackson and Patrick Johnson have made small contributions, which isn’t really expected of 6th/7th round picks. 

I believe that third helped him move up to get Smith and he was still able to get Milton Williams. 

12 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

oh im not mad that he is fixing it, im happy as hell, just dont think he should be rewarded on that level. his head is already overinflated from 2017. 

Nevertheless the accolade is for the season and as much as most of us (including me) want Howie gone he still did nearly everything right this off-season. 

19 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Who’s been so much better than Howie this off-season that had a better turnaround than the Eagles? 

Not so sure to be honest..

But can’t there be a middle ground between ‘Fire Howie’ and ‘Executive of the year’ for once with the man?

• Like 2

Just now, Infam said:

Not so sure to be honest..

But can’t there be a middle ground between ‘Fire Howie’ and ‘Executive of the year’ for once with the man?

I’m only considering what he did for this season and only this season. It doesn’t mean Howie’s the greatest GM ever nor does it mean that all of his mistakes of the past are forgotten. Sometimes a guy can have a really good year. Next year he could get too big of a head and fall right back into "Fire Howie” mode.

• Thanks 1