Should Howie Roseman be Considered For Executive of the Year? (Update: Belichick won)

EazyEaglez

4 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Winning a SB doesn't give you immunity from being criticized for an obvious bonehead draft pick. 

One mistake doesn’t give you immunity from making great decisions.

Edit: Actually find me one GM who hasn’t made Multiple draft mistakes that has been a GM for multiple years. Until then you sound like a whiner.

The dude who drafted Jefferson is unemployed.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

One mistake doesn’t give you immunity from making great decisions.

Edit: Actually find me one GM who hasn’t made Multiple draft mistakes. Until then you sound like a whiner.

Ozzie Newsome is regarded as one of the best GMs ever never even won this award so goes to show how useless the award is. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

The dude who drafted Jefferson is unemployed.

And even he could see the gift in his face. That pick was in, in about 20 seconds.Jefferson was an obvious gift in that spot. Howie was to stupid to see it. Jefferson is an all pro stud. Reagor is a guy who returns punts backwards. Sorry if my criticism bothers you but it is what it is. I gave him credit for the SB before as well btw. But I'm not going to worship him. He's made some pretty big head scratching draft picks. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Which has nothing to do with the pick. Jefferson was an obvious gift in that spot. Howie was to stupid to see it. Jefferson is an all pro stud. Reagor is a guy who returns punts backwards. Sorry if my criticism bothers you but it is what it is. I gave him credit for the SB before as well btw. But I'm not going to worship him. He's made some pretty big head scratching draft picks. 

I never said it wasn’t a mistake. I said find me one GM who doesn’t make multiple. It happens man. No one is perfect. The SB holds more weight than picking the wrong WR. He is a top 5 GM this year.

On 1/11/2022 at 3:01 PM, EazyEaglez said:

Not sure if that’s good or bad though. No idea how McDaniels would be as coach right now though I’m not a fan of any of those guys from Belicheat’s coaching tree. 

I'm a big fan of Flores. Dolphins were really stupid to fire him.

7 hours ago, MillerTime said:

How is Smith, Dickerson, Williams, Gainwell and adding an extra first this year considered a C-?

One year does not GM make. Howie got Lucky this year. I will say it again, in case I am misunderstood. If you F up for many years and then One year you do great..It is called LUCK, not skill. Howie gets an A for this year. But I am thinking his overall body of work is a lot closer to average than either end of the spectrum.

2 minutes ago, Traveler Vic said:

One year does not GM make. Howie got Lucky this year. I will say it again, in case I am misunderstood. If you F up for many years and then One year you do great..It is called LUCK, not skill. Howie gets an A for this year. But I am thinking his overall body of work is a lot closer to average than either end of the spectrum.

Except it’s not just one year. 4 out of the last 5 years making the Playoffs and A SB. If you do well every year and have one bad year… it’s called BAD LUCK. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

Except it’s not just one year. 4 out of the last 5 years making the Playoffs and A SB. If you do well every year and have one bad year… it’s called BAD LUCK. 

LOL. You had me at BAD LUCK.

Smith was a good pick. But some fans wanted Micah Parson. Wonder as we watch their careers if we'll wish they took him instead.

Just now, NOTW said:

Smith was a good pick. But some fans wanted Micah Parson. Wonder as we watch their careers if we'll wish they took him instead.

If it want for the JJAWFUL and Reagor picks we could have taken Parsons.  Instead we kept having to put resources into WR to fix continual mistakes.

3 minutes ago, NOTW said:

If we fix the QB, then Smith can realize his full potential, and the pick is worth it. If we keep on with a RB who can throw on occasion, Smith will be a great talent with pedestrian like stats.

• Like 1

Uh no.

And it wasn't this year but just a reminder. Reagor over Jefferson......

• Thanks 1

Howie needs to be put on the financial side like Banner was and get someone over personnel...fire Andy Weidl.

Think we can put this one to bed now.  There’s a decent argument to be made too that both Jalens are not the right guys.  That’s two more high picks wasted.

• Like 1

Howie should not be in charge of the draft or the rebuild of this roster. It is that simple. He doesn't do anything at a high enough level to warrant sticking with him. 

Executive of the Year for piecing together what we just witnessed? 

I'm so damn glad it ended like that, otherwise everyone would feel as though all's good.......Executive of the Year my arse!!

• Like 1

On 1/15/2022 at 9:41 PM, MillerTime said:

I never said it wasn’t a mistake. I said find me one GM who doesn’t make multiple. It happens man. No one is perfect. The SB holds more weight than picking the wrong WR. He is a top 5 GM this year.

Is this you Howie? Fluffing yourself up again?

On 1/16/2022 at 2:41 AM, MillerTime said:

A top 5 GM this year? You've got to be kidding me. 

On 1/17/2022 at 7:38 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

A top 5 GM this year? You've got to be kidding me. 

Even with this loss Howie had a good season. One of the other options was Belicheat and his team got blasted in the first round too. 

57 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Even with this loss Howie had a good season. One of the other options was Belicheat and his team got blasted in the first round too. 

Agree to disagree there bud. I just don't see it to be honest. He had a good draft but overall I don't think he had a great off season building the roster. Most of his FA moves were not good. 

• Like 2