NBC Sports/PFT: Deshaun Watson Considered Waiving his NTC for the Eagles, Might Do It This Time

D-Shiznit

Simms: "How limited are the options that he looks at where he'll actually go. And we heard that a lot last year. It seemed like there weren't many places that really were on his radar that he significantly wanted to be part of that organization. We know -- I know -- from people all over the league that he definitely wanted to go to Miami. There were definitely people in Miami that wanted him. That was the spot, for sure. I think we heard some rumblings from at least people that I trust that maybe Philadelphia was on his radar a little bit early on last year too as one team he might consider."
Florio: "Yes, yes."

Simms and Florio both said he ultimately decided exclusively on Miami, but considered Philly for early on. They also said that Carolina and the Giants were and will never be an option.

I think if Watson's camp gives the nod to Howie and Lurie that he will waive his NTC, they will move heaven and earth to go get him.

Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports also tweeted that the landscape has changed for Watson, and with Miami reportedly out on trading for Watson, he might now consider the Eagles.

Now "MIGHT consider the Eagles " but I doubt the Eagles consider him. With that being the case what’s the best way for a team to try and drum up some trade value for a guy who hasn’t played all year and is kind of a pariah in the league right now? Easy link him to the Eagles! They are after all the team with the most 2022 draft capital, and their fans will keep on clicking on anything that mentions them linked to any player. Jets got 2 first plus for Adams and that was after he was linked to the Eagles. The Jags got two first plus for Jalen Ramsey after he was linked to the Eagles (the Eagles allegedly being the front runner) for months. The Jags got a 2nd and 5th for Yannick after he was linked to the Eagles despite the fact they didn’t even have the cap space to trade for him. 😂 Bottom line is I wouldn’t put too much into this. But hey if they want to do Fletcher Cox for Watson I’m sure the Eagles would consider it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

GD are you dumb.  :roll::roll:

Wow my stalker is back again making posts with little to know content. Still waiting for you to bring any substantial thought to any thread. I know I’m asking for to much there though. Not surprised the clear sarcasm flew over your head. 🤣😂

• Thanks 1

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Stalker?  Don't flatter yourself.  You post moronic takes in a bunch of threads, you're gonna get called out on it.  

Why in the world would Houston trade Deshaun Watson for Fletcher Cox?  What good does an old declining expensive DT do to a team that wants the draft picks?  I knew you were challenged, but this takes the cake.  When you post something that makes any kind of sense, then you'll get some serious dialogue. 

Until then, you get other posters ridicule.....which is more than you deserve. 

You are completely clueless. If you don’t understand that trading for Cox was a joke then you are helpless. Most of you beanbaggers are though. 😂🤣😂

• Haha 1

Another offseason of bloggers posting "what if" click bait ideas and people posting it as "news."

LpkBAUDg53FI8xLmg1.gif

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Another offseason of bloggers posting "what if" click bait ideas and people posting it as "news."

I wouldn't really call guys like Chris Simms or Charles Robinson just "bloggers", it's been well established that they have direct league sources.

9 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Just As I Thought GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

You're a troll.  

Okay stalking beanbagger. 😂🤣😂

I'll believe it when it happens.  It's definitely an upgrade, but the baggage is brutally heavy (true or not). 

I am not sure that the team could crank up the PR machine enough ever promote him being the face of the organization.  That's a huge part of being a franchise QB.

17 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

I'll believe it when it happens.  It's definitely an upgrade, but the baggage is brutally heavy (true or not). 

I am not sure that the team could crank up the PR machine enough ever promote him being the face of the organization.  That's a huge part of being a franchise QB.

That obviously is an owner level decision, but reports were clear in October that Lurie gave Howie the green light to get Watson, so safe to say Lurie is okay with it.

I think it all comes down to Watson's willingness to be here, if he is indeed reconsidering the Eagles, I think they go all in.

4 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

That obviously is an owner level decision, but reports were clear in October that Lurie gave Howie the green light to get Watson, so safe to say Lurie is okay with it.

I think it all comes down to Watson's willingness to be here, if he is indeed reconsidering the Eagles, I think they go all in.

I agree that they will go all in if he wants to come here.  Its a clear upgrade that changes the trajectory of the organization.  I am sure they fully expect that not everyone will accept the decision, since so many have already convicted and sentenced him without any evidence. 

Just have to see where it goes.  

• Like 1

Firing Flores sounds like it was a big negative to Deshaun’s desire to play in Miami.

The stuff he did was foul, but if I’m Howie, the only way I consider this is if it’s all behind him… mentally AND legally. If there’s followup civil stuff or even any chance of prosecution, he’s untouchable.

• Like 1

Florio and Simms talked about Watson's lack of options going froward with Miami now out. According to them NYG and CAR were and are not contenders.

So who is left?

DEN is transitioning into new ownership, would they want the heat that will come with Watson during a sale. They would be more inclined to go after Rodgers/Wilson anyways.

PIT -  Not their style.

NO is at like negative 60 million cap space, they couldn't trade for Minshew's contract.

CLE - Indication are they will roll with Baker for at least one more year, if not they have been linked to Cousins due to the Stefanski connection.

WAS - No way could they survive the scandal considering their own history and investigations regarding sexual harassment.

• Like 1

Send them Pick's 19, and 51 this year and #1 next year. 

Then package 16 and Cox to someone in the mid late 20's for that mid 20s pick and their 2nd this year.

In the end it cost us a 2023 1st and Cox for Watson. 

• Like 1

Pretty sure there was a report sometime last summer that the Eagles were not interested in Watson, so not sure if the feeling is truly mutual anymore.

In any event, even if the feelings were mutual, it would be unlikely that they would give up the picks and Hurts for him. 

1 hour ago, D-Shiznit said:

I wouldn't really call guys like Chris Simms or Charles Robinson just "bloggers", it's been well established that they have direct league sources.

… AND the Eagles have a history of getting guys with character question marks… AND the Eagles desperately need a QB… AND the Eagles obviously have the means to make a trade.

This Watson thing won’t go away until he’s traded.

3 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

Simms and Florio both said he ultimately decided exclusively on Miami, but considered Philly for early on. They also said that Carolina and the Giants were and will never be an option.

I think if Watson's camp gives the nod to Howie and Lurie that he will waive his NTC, they will move heaven and earth to go get him.

PFT is the Weekly World News of football reporting.  I don't recall them ever having a legit scoop.  More fodder for the masses.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Thrive said:

Pretty sure there was a report sometime last summer that the Eagles were not interested in Watson, so not sure if the feeling is truly mutual anymore.

In any event, even if the feelings were mutual, it would be unlikely that they would give up the picks and Hurts for him. 

There will be all sorts of "reports" (rumors) from all angles, they're just getting started and it will get worse.

Watson=big mistake, will take everything they have to get him, leaving no room for defense, holla

• Like 3

3 hours ago, What The F said:

Send them Pick's 19, and 51 this year and #1 next year. 

Then package 16 and Cox to someone in the mid late 20's for that mid 20s pick and their 2nd this year.

In the end it cost us a 2023 1st and Cox for Watson. 

madden skills right there 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

Get it done Howie and you are back in my good graces

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Get it done Howie and you are back in my good graces

1.  Howie doesn't care if he's in your (or my) good graces or not,

2.  No trade is happening until there is a resolution of his legal issues

Watson can't happen. There's already leaks coming out about settlement offers he's trying to make and some of the women are refusing. This is going to go on for years. And if they finally do settle out of court he'll end up getting suspended by the league. It might be two full calendar years before Watson is able to play another down of football in the NFL.

• Like 1

Goodell hasn't placed him on the commissioners list because HE refuses to play. I bet as soon as he's traded Goodell will put him on the list and he won't be able to play for the remainder of the whole thing