NBC Sports/PFT: Deshaun Watson Considered Waiving his NTC for the Eagles, Might Do It This Time

D-Shiznit

Sure, make the center piece of your team a piece of sheet human being. That always works out the best. Sets a great example for young players, too. Yo, Eagles, keep it simple and just do the right thing. You know what the wrong thing is, so.

Thanks.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

Sure, make the center piece of your team a piece of sheet human being. That always works out the best.

it worked out for the steelers. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

it worked out for the steelers. 

You are correct.... wtf was I thinking....
200.gif

• Like 1

Noooooooooooo thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

That mofo can stay in Texas or just leave the NFL all together. Unless you can get him for like a 5th and a 6th round pick.

• Haha 2

On 1/20/2022 at 10:11 PM, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

Carr for less so we can build the D

Carr has the same playoff record as Hurts.   But in 8 years as the primary starter,  instead of just 1 for Hurts.

Hurts should be the QB for the next 2 years.  He's cheap, and they have him already.

Maybe draft Willis to be ready for 2024. 

Carr is worse than Hurts,  many of the players suggested are worse than Hurts.   They're worse in part because they cost so much,  weakening the rest of the team.  They're worse in part because they just don't run quite as well as Hurts.  Some, like Carr,  run much worse than Hurts,  others like Wilson and Watson and Rodgers run not quite as well.   Wilson was a little faster coming out of college, but he's older now. 

5 hours ago, Random Reglar said:

agree I think with emoji.

Carr is trash.

Carr is a better passer than Hurts and he's probably not playing with as much on the offense. 

On 1/20/2022 at 7:35 PM, eglz1 said:

3 Firsts for Carr? Oh-hell-no.

Watson. I don't want Carr at all

Regardless of what Roseman/Siri said about Hurts being their guy for 2022, the Eagles will be tied to Watson rumors all the way up until the second he is finally traded.  

For what it's worth (not much), but my keen observation from last year was that the Eagles traded for Minshew shortly after it was "reported" that Watson wouldn't waive his NTC for the Eagles.  If that timing meant something, it was that the Eagles were, in fact, at least talking to Houston about a possible deal.  Then once Watson said no, that was it and the Eagles moved to plan B.

On 1/22/2022 at 11:00 PM, Random Reglar said:

Carr has the same playoff record as Hurts.   But in 8 years as the primary starter,  instead of just 1 for Hurts.

Hurts should be the QB for the next 2 years.  He's cheap, and they have him already.

Maybe draft Willis to be ready for 2024. 

Carr is worse than Hurts,  many of the players suggested are worse than Hurts.   They're worse in part because they cost so much,  weakening the rest of the team.  They're worse in part because they just don't run quite as well as Hurts.  Some, like Carr,  run much worse than Hurts,  others like Wilson and Watson and Rodgers run not quite as well.   Wilson was a little faster coming out of college, but he's older now. 

Carr isn't great and I don't want him, but you're out of your damn mind if you think he's worse than Hurts.

• Like 1

He's a proven stud and only 26 years of age.  If you can get a proven star NFL QB at a reasonable price you have to go and do it.  Jalen's a 2nd round pick, not a top 5 draft pick like Tua, and was drafted to back up Wentz anyway.  That should make the decision to give the reigns to Watson even easier.

The only real question is his legal status and whether the NFL will be suspending him at all.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Wentz 2 Ertz said:

He's a proven stud and only 26 years of age.  If you can get a proven star NFL QB at a reasonable price you have to go and do it.  Jalen's a 2nd round pick, not a top 5 draft pick like Tua, and was drafted to back up Wentz anyway.  That should make the decision to give the reigns to Watson even easier.

The only real question is his legal status and whether the NFL will be suspending him at all.

And what's a reasonable price in your opinion here?

On 1/20/2022 at 11:06 AM, NOTW said:

There will be all sorts of "reports" (rumors) from all angles, they're just getting started and it will get worse.

simpsons-knifey-spooney.gif

On 1/23/2022 at 10:14 PM, Uscg-green said:

Bet the price tag has dropped significantly.

At the moment his price tag is zero because he's got criminal charges hanging over his head, unless he clears up the legal issues by the end of February and becomes tradeable, then at the moment I'd bet a fair amount of money the Texans are appraising his legal situation very closely and weighing up the relative financial risks of cutting him 1st day of the league year with a post June 1st designation, because otherwise on the 5th day of the league year his $37million salary and bonus for 2023 become fully guaranteed (ie payable come what may), which means there is not a snowballs chance in hell that the Eagles or any team are trading for him right now.

Just out of curiosity...Do you guys have any "superstition" or thought process that a QB with the baggage that Watson has could ever win a Super Bowl, regardless of his talent level?  In the sense that he is now basically universally viewed as a "bad guy" by the general public along with any impact all this has had on his mental state (seriously). 

Do "bad guys" move on to become "champions"?  This may make you refer to Ben Roethlisberger, who had 2 sexual assault charges, but they were back in 2009 and 2010.  The last SB Big Ben and the Steelers won was in 2008.  Not exactly the same as Watson, but who is the last "bad guy"...particularly at the QB position....to lead his team to a Championship?

16 minutes ago, EaglesAddict said:

Just out of curiosity...Do you guys have any "superstition" or thought process that a QB with the baggage that Watson has could ever win a Super Bowl, regardless of his talent level?  In the sense that he is now basically universally viewed as a "bad guy" by the general public along with any impact all this has had on his mental state (seriously). 

Do "bad guys" move on to become "champions"?  This may make you refer to Ben Roethlisberger, who had 2 sexual assault charges, but they were back in 2009 and 2010.  The last SB Big Ben and the Steelers won was in 2008.  Not exactly the same as Watson, but who is the last "bad guy"...particularly at the QB position....to lead his team to a Championship?

I get what you’re saying but there have been very few of these situations with QBs so there really is no data to go by.  The only other one that comes to mind of a "bad guy” QB is Vick, and frankly he was a crap QB before his jail time, and only really had one good year after. I guess you could say Winston is an example but I mean… that was before ever even entering the NFL. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, nipples said:

I get what you’re saying but there have been very few of these situations with QBs so there really is no data to go by.  The only other one that comes to mind of a "bad guy” QB is Vick, and frankly he was a crap QB before his jail time, and only really had one good year after. I guess you could say Winston is an example but I mean… that was before ever even entering the NFL. 

True.  Vick was definitely viewed as a bad guy, but at least he "served his time" and did a lot to try and restore his image for the better.  If Watson settles his cases without any definitive resolution as to did he/didn't he, there will always be a dark cloud hanging over his head.  

Personally, I'm out on Watson.  But, I'm not so sure the Eagles are...

• Like 4

Giants and Miami are publicly out, at this point Carolina is the only real competition.