NBC Sports/PFT: Deshaun Watson Considered Waiving his NTC for the Eagles, Might Do It This Time

D-Shiznit

4 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Goodell hasn't placed him on the commissioners list because HE refuses to play. I bet as soon as he's traded Goodell will put him on the list and he won't be able to play for the remainder of the whole thing

False.  The Texans refused to play him.

Just now, downundermike said:

Before the scandal happened he was sitting out because he didn't want to play and wanted traded

19 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Get it done Howie and you are back in my good graces

At what price? You would give up a first for that trash with a diva complex? I'd give up a mid round pick but you know Houston will want a 1+ something else. We may disagree but I'd rather fill three of their many holes with their firsts or trade back and get more for next year. Sending one to them would be a mistake.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, olsilverhair said:

Watson=big mistake, will take everything they have to get him, leaving no room for defense, holla

If it takes everything, they won't make the deal.

9 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Goodell hasn't placed him on the commissioners list because HE refuses to play. I bet as soon as he's traded Goodell will put him on the list and he won't be able to play for the remainder of the whole thing

8 minutes ago, downundermike said:

He requested a trade before the allegations came out. The allegations broke in the offseason. It's pretty clear to everyone down here what happened... he knew what was coming and tried to force his way out before the news broke about the lawsuits. Both sides didn't want him playing.

If Flores were hired in Houston, would that change Watson's stance about not staying in Houston? Also he may not be the hot property he was pre-lawsuits and investigations.

This whole thing <from emb perspective> is giving me Vick flashbacks. 

7 minutes ago, mayanh8 said:

He requested a trade before the allegations came out. The allegations broke in the offseason. It's pretty clear to everyone down here what happened... he knew what was coming and tried to force his way out before the news broke about the lawsuits. Both sides didn't want him playing.

There were the conspiracy theories that said it was the Texans trying to ruin his trade value so they could keep him too lol

2 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

There were the conspiracy theories that said it was the Texans trying to ruin his trade value so they could keep him too lol

That's just crazy. The simple fact is both Watson and the Texans want him to be gone. Unfortunately for everyone, though, that's not happening until there's clarity on his legal situation... which is at least several months away. Once that's cleared up he will 100% be suspended by the NFL. My guess is it'll be for a full season.

My one question is if he's being paid while he hasn't been playing. If not then maybe he can make the case to the NFL that's essentially been suspended for the past year.

18 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

If Flores were hired in Houston, would that change Watson's stance about not staying in Houston? Also he may not be the hot property he was pre-lawsuits and investigations.

Has nothing to do with Flores (who isn't the second coming, BTW).  Believe it or not, this is not a racial matter.

21 minutes ago, mayanh8 said:

That's just crazy. The simple fact is both Watson and the Texans want him to be gone. Unfortunately for everyone, though, that's not happening until there's clarity on his legal situation... which is at least several months away. Once that's cleared up he will 100% be suspended by the NFL. My guess is it'll be for a full season.

My one question is if he's being paid while he hasn't been playing. If not then maybe he can make the case to the NFL that's essentially been suspended for the past year.

Of course it's crazy lol that's why it's a conspiracy theory

I honestly haven't looked into it in awhile but last I saw was that Texans were still paying him

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, mayanh8 said:

He has been on the roster, been at practice, and been a healthy scratch every week.

Unlikely.  I’ll say that of the "big three” that are rumored, Watson is the only one I would be interested in, primarily due to age.  But still wouldn’t make any kind of move unless the legal issue is 100% behind him. 

• Like 1

From ESPN: Watson currently accounts for 27.58% of Houston's 2022 projected cap.

Houston will get desperate to trade him as time goes by, paying him 10 million to stay home is one thing, paying him that amount is something else.

The price will go down.

1 minute ago, vaff said:

Would stop watching if we acquired this guy. I have no desire to cheer for a team with him on it.

I want no part of Watson and if anyone can explain how we fit his 40 million cap hit in then that would be great. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

I want no part of Watson and if anyone can explain how we fit his 40 million cap hit in then that would be great. 

Cap hit is only 35 million.  Also once traded, all guarantees are gone, so he would restructure to get guaranteed money back.  His cap hit could be 10 million in 2022 after a restructure.

1 hour ago, What The F said:

This whole thing <from emb perspective> is giving me Vick flashbacks. 

When Watson has a bad game and the fans boo him, you can bet he will give them the one finger salute, just like Vick did.

2 hours ago, Procus said:

1.  Howie doesn't care if he's in your (or my) good graces or not,

2.  No trade is happening until there is a resolution of his legal issues

3. Watson has a $40 million dollar cap charge in 2022 so....

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Cap hit is only 35 million.  Also once traded, all guarantees are gone, so he would restructure to get guaranteed money back.  His cap hit could be 10 million in 2022 after a restructure.

Given how much guaranteed money he has coming - remember, his 2023 salary and bonus become fully guaranteed this year - why would he restructure now?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

3. Watson has a $40 million dollar cap charge in 2022 so....

Even if it's 35 million, still way too much and difficult to restructure without giving him a fortune bearing in mind the contract he's already on.

But anyway I want no part of him as our franchise QB - would be an embarrassment.

• Like 4

NBC sports/PFT being used by @D-Shiznit in the topic title here to add legitimacy to Watson to Eagles.  Other "reports" of speculation about Watson, basically every team that doesn't have a solidified QB has "reports" that they'll trade for Watson.  

NBC Sports: Washington might trade for Watson

NBC Sports/PFT: Albert Breer appears on Cleveland radio show and says Browns will make a play for Watson

NBC Sports/PFT:  The Steelers might trade for Watson

NBCSports: Bears might hire Brian Flores and trade for Watson

The NY Post also reportsThe Giants might hire Brian Flores and trade for Watson

And of course before the Dolphins fired Flores, NBC Sports/PFT had them trading for Watson.

:roll:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Don't worry guys, we don't need an NFL QB like Watson, we have this guy.

You going to post this on every single thread on the board? You're like a kid with new puppy.

And you don't care about giving 150 million to a guy who has 22 sexual harassment law suits against him?