NBC Sports/PFT: Deshaun Watson Considered Waiving his NTC for the Eagles, Might Do It This Time

D-Shiznit

Just now, NOTW said:

NBC sports/PFT being used by @D-Shiznit in the topic title here to add legitimacy to Watson to Eagles.  Other "reports" of speculation about Watson, basically every team that doesn't have a solidified QB has "reports" that they'll trade for Watson.  

NBC Sports: Washington might trade for Watson

NBC Sports/PFT: Albert Breer appears on Cleveland radio show and says Browns will make a play for Watson

NBC Sports/PFT:  The Steelers might trade for Watson

NBCSports: Bears might hire Brian Flores and trade for Watson

The NY Post also reportsThe Giants might hire Brian Flores and trade for Watson

And of course before the Dolphins fired Flores, NBC Sports/PFT had them trading for Watson.

:roll:

The quote I posted wasn't just speculation that "X team is interested in Watson", but that multiple sources told them that Watson once considered the Eagles before settling on the Dolphins, and because MIA is now out, will do so again.

4 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

You going to post this on every single thread on the board? You're like a kid with new puppy.

And you don't care about giving 150 million to a guy who has 22 sexual harassment law suits against him?

If there was really something big to this he would have been charged by now.  I am not saying he is 100% innocent, but this looks like a coordinated cash grab to me.

1 minute ago, ManchesterEagle said:

You going to post this on every single thread on the board? You're like a kid with new puppy.

And you don't care about giving 150 million to a guy who has 22 sexual harassment law suits against him?

If Watson has a $1 millions per year deal and could be had for a 7th round pick I wouldn't want a piece of garbage that sexually assaults women on the team.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

If there was really something big to this he would have been charged by now.  I am not saying he is 100% innocent, but this looks like a coordinated cash grab to me.

🙄

1 minute ago, D-Shiznit said:

The quote I posted wasn't just speculation that "X team is interested in Watson", but that multiple sources told them that Watson once considered the Eagles before settling on the Dolphins, and because MIA is now out, will do so again.

Breaking news: player with multiple sexual assault accusations, legal troubles, and limited options considering other teams as potential options.  :o

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Breaking news: player with multiple sexual assault accusations, legal troubles, and limited options considering other teams as potential options.  :o

Don't know about others teams, the report highlighted Miami and Philly that he considered waiving his NTC. If you find more reports where sources are saying Watson is open to waiving his NTC for other teams, please do share. He was open to DEN way early in the process, but apparently the interest was not mutual.

3 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Don't know about others teams, the report highlighted Miami and Philly that he considered waiving his NTC. If you find more reports where sources are saying Watson is open to waiving his NTC for other teams, please do share. He was open to DEN way early in the process, but apparently the interest was not mutual.

I'm sure who he "considers" will change as well.  The real offseason isn't even in full swing yet and the Watson "reports" have been going on for a year.  The quote you are hanging this on:

I think we heard some rumblings from at least people that I trust that maybe Philadelphia was on his radar a little bit early on last year too as one team he might consider."

A reporter thinks...hear some rumblings...maybe...on his radar...might...

Real strong words there.  :lol:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I'm sure who he "considers" will change as well.  The real offseason isn't even in full swing yet and the Watson "reports" have been going on for a year.  The quote you are hanging this on:

A reporter thinks...hear some rumblings...maybe...on his radar...might...

Real strong words there.  :lol:

Reporters hedge their bets, that's nothing new. The hearing of the "rumblings" was corroborated by Florio as well right after Simms said that. Also, we had a local Philly reporter (Gunn I think?) who last year said Watson's camp was open to Philly, so clearly there is smoke.

Do you guys not know anything about markets?

There's a reason why teams don't like no-trade clauses- it limits what they can get for him. There are many options on the table right now, including the draft. Looking not bad that Pickett could move out, there are several good QBs looking to move, and worse case we use Minshew for now.

It's not going to take 3 first rounders. It may not even take a first rounder.

Learn economics.

9 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Now "MIGHT consider the Eagles " but I doubt the Eagles consider him. With that being the case what’s the best way for a team to try and drum up some trade value for a guy who hasn’t played all year and is kind of a pariah in the league right now? Easy link him to the Eagles! They are after all the team with the most 2022 draft capital, and their fans will keep on clicking on anything that mentions them linked to any player. Jets got 2 first plus for Adams and that was after he was linked to the Eagles. The Jags got two first plus for Jalen Ramsey after he was linked to the Eagles (the Eagles allegedly being the front runner) for months. The Jags got a 2nd and 5th for Yannick after he was linked to the Eagles despite the fact they didn’t even have the cap space to trade for him. 😂 Bottom line is I wouldn’t put too much into this. But hey if they want to do Fletcher Cox for Watson I’m sure the Eagles would consider it. 

Bud if Watson wanted to come to Philly then Howie and Lurie are absolutely going to explore that. They may not make it happen, they may have a price and not be willing to go beyond that but they'll be interested for sure. Watson was one of the best QBs in the league before the off field stuff. Howie and Lurie value the QB position perhaps higher than anyone else in the NFL. They absolutely would be interested even if ultimately it didn't come off. 

7 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Bud if Watson wanted to come to Philly then Howie and Lurie are absolutely going to explore that. They may not make it happen, they may have a price and not be willing to go beyond that but they'll be interested for sure. Watson was one of the best QBs in the league before the off field stuff. Howie and Lurie value the QB position perhaps higher than anyone else in the NFL. They absolutely would be interested even if ultimately it didn't come off. 

I mean, its right there in my signature.

No thanks rather have carr and keep most of my picks to actually draft some talent 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

No thanks rather have carr and keep most of my picks to actually draft some talent 

This. Carr is a better QB for less.

If they can get him without giving up all their early picks, then I'm ok with it. Otherwise, no.

4 hours ago, Procus said:

Has nothing to do with Flores (who isn't the second coming, BTW).  Believe it or not, this is not a racial matter.

There was speculation that Watson wanted to go to MIA in part because of Flores.

31 minutes ago, MF POON said:

If they can get him without giving up all their early picks, then I'm ok with it. Otherwise, no.

3 Firsts for Carr? Oh-hell-no.

1 minute ago, eglz1 said:

There was speculation that Watson wanted to go to MIA in part because of Flores.

That's bs.  He wanted to go to Miami because of Miami.  Flores has a defensive background.

39 minutes ago, mayanh8 said:

This. Carr is a better QB

Just now, Procus said:

That's bs.  He wanted to go to Miami because of Miami.  Flores has a defensive background.

To quote Will Rodgers "I only know what I read in the papers" :-)

5 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

To quote Will Rodgers "I only know what I read in the papers" :-)

that's a mistake - can't believe anything you read or see in the media

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Procus said:

that's a mistake - can't believe anything you read or see in the media

I think Will Rodgers knew that too. ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mayanh8 said:

This. Carr is a better QB for less.

😂

• Haha 1

So let me get this straight. You want to trade all those picks and players for a guy who has no other options that "might" consider going to Philly? 

Yea I have all the confidence in the world he wont ask to be traded or cut within the first 2 years. 

Id rather have a player who knows he wants to come to Philly. Hes thrilled to be here. Rather move up for Pickett. Wont cost as much and you know he would love being an Eagle more then any other team in the NFL

• Like 1