Flores sues NFL for racism in hiring process

wrestlevessel

I'll tell you what would be friggin' awesome - a new league that competes with the NFL - comprised of mostly black owners, management and coaches, with some white and other non-black minorities sprinkled in.  There are some great names that could pool together to organize a league like this, with LOTS of corporate sponsorship.  And at the end of the day, I believe with dynamic ownership and great players, it could be a really exciting and entertaining league to follow.  I'd love it.

I’d also say that bill didn’t accidentally send him those texts, it was intentional to give him the heads up.  He was forewarning Flores that he wasn’t getting the job.  This crap is deep and I hope that Flores doesn’t back down from anything.  

Lets assume he is telling the truth and it gets proven. What is the penalty to each team?!?!  You know the NFL is going to claim ignorance and put it on the owners 100%. Force team sales? Strip how many draft picks? How big of fines?  I dont even know where they would start. This is bigly.

4 minutes ago, DBW said:

I’d also say that bill didn’t accidentally send him those texts, it was intentional to give him the heads up.  He was forewarning Flores that he wasn’t getting the job.  This crap is deep and I hope that Flores doesn’t back down from anything.  

To me, it sure seems like Belichick texted the wrong Brian - He thought he congratulated Daboll when he texted Flores.

It is some karma it happened like this: Belichick screwed the NFL by texting the former Dolphins coach. It came out the same time as Brady's retirement announcement. 

This was going to happen eventually someday, because it feels like the Rooney Rule isn't working. Now we know why and Flores has the receipts.

9 minutes ago, What The F said:

Lets assume he is telling the truth and it gets proven. What is the penalty to each team?!?!  You know the NFL is going to claim ignorance and put it on the owners 100%. Force team sales? Strip how many draft picks? How big of fines?  I dont even know where they would start. This is bigly.

Well since the Giants can't pick for crap, I'm good. -_-

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, What The F said:

Big assumption. I think it depends on which teams, how many, and to what extent they caused damage. NFL could be forced to reveal its dirty laundry in litigation. What kind of dirty secrets are they hiding in those coaching contracts?

Just from the start, we have the Giants who violated the Rooney Rule. And the Dolphins, who's ownership didn't want to compete, holding back Flores's career. Also consider Flores is filing it as class action. How many other former coaches join the lawsuit?

I think you are correct, this goes deep. Monumental even.

26 minutes ago, toolg said:

Big assumption. I think it depends on which teams, how many, and to what extent they caused damage. NFL could be forced to reveal its dirty laundry in litigation. What kind of dirty secrets are they hiding in those coaching contracts?

Just from the start, we have the Giants who violated the Rooney Rule. And the Dolphins, who's ownership didn't want to compete, holding back Flores's career. Also consider Flores is filing it as class action. How many other former coaches join the lawsuit?

I think you are correct, this goes deep. Monumental even.

Giants, Dolphins.... And Browns.

I think there will be more.

50 minutes ago, toolg said:

To me, it sure seems like Belichick texted the wrong Brian - He thought he congratulated Daboll when he texted Flores.

It is some karma it happened like this: Belichick screwed the NFL by texting the former Dolphins coach. It came out the same time as Brady's retirement announcement. 

This was going to happen eventually someday, because it feels like the Rooney Rule isn't working. Now we know why and Flores has the receipts.

I guess it’s possible it’s an accident, but this is belichick we’re talking about.  He’s a genius and mastermind of manipulation and scandals.  Gotta be some angle for him to leak it.  

26 minutes ago, DBW said:

I guess it’s possible it’s an accident, but this is belichick we’re talking about.  He’s a genius and mastermind of manipulation and scandals.  Gotta be some angle for him to leak it.  

He's a football genius, yes. Scandals? Yeah, he's usually found a way to weasel himself out. But he sure finds himself in the middle of stuff... He's almost 70 years old. I bet it gives him fits navigating a cell phone. ;)

15 hours ago, SNOORDA said:

He is committing professional suicide.   

Right, not a wise decision.

Flores needs to realize that racism has always been in this world and always will be.  I once worked with an African from Maliwi and he told me about the racism within their country, one black clan against another black clan, Tedros of the WHO was racist against another clan of Ethiopians leading to allegations of genocide, the Bible speaks about the racism between the Jews and Samaritans, there's a thread somewhere on this site speaking about the racism between Italians and Sicilians, several Eastern European countries are racist against each other, the Chinese hate the Japanese, trust me, I can go on and on.

Basically Flores should have took the attitude of  "F dem cracker bastids" and kept pushing because the cream always rises to the top, unfortunately he pretty much quit.

3 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Flores needs to realize that racism has always been in this world and always will be.  I once worked with an African from Maliwi and he told me about the racism within their country, one black clan against another black clan, Tedros of the WHO was racist against another clan of Ethiopians leading to allegations of genocide, the Bible speaks about the racism between the Jews and Samaritans, there's a thread somewhere on this site speaking about the racism between Italians and Sicilians, several Eastern European countries are racist against each other, the Chinese hate the Japanese, trust me, I can go on and on.

Basically Flores should have took the attitude of  "F dem cracker ****" and kept pushing because the cream always rises to the top, unfortunately he pretty much quit.

image.jpeg.15476d1ae483b47d8875c8708272a260.jpeg

1 hour ago, toolg said:

He's a football genius, yes. Scandals? Yeah, he's usually found a way to weasel himself out. But he sure finds himself in the middle of stuff... He's almost 70 years old. I bet it gives him fits navigating a cell phone. ;)

You think he’s still playing snake on the Nokia 5325? 

1 hour ago, Toty said:

Can you please trophy a bunch of my posts?

I'm trying to get my reputation to exceed my post count but it's really difficult.

Thanks in advance!

Toty

Huh

1 hour ago, DBW said:

You think he’s still playing snake on the Nokia 5325? 

I am saying, he doesn't even know what Snake is. Or how to play it.

I wonder if the Giants would have given him the job (thank god they didn’t) if he still would have blown the whistle on the Dolphins (very serious allegations). My guess is no. Also, it sounds like someone from ESPN’s Undefeated wrote that suit instead of an actual litigator. He should have hired real lawyers instead of those clowns (one of them is an ambulance chaser from BK). 

The Giants hired Daboll on Friday and interviewed Flores on Thursday. They may have known in advance that Daboll was the top choice, but they were still doing their due diligence. Mara also employed a Black GM for years and was part of the group that developed the Rooney rule. Racism would be out of character for him. Nothing to see here. 

I hope he gets a job. He’s from Brooklyn and while he comes off as a salty SOB, he still seems like a good coach. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, toolg said:

Giants, Dolphins.... And Browns.

I think there will be more.

I doubt they had to pay Jackson extra to lose. He was a moron 

6 hours ago, EagleVA said:

Basically Flores should have took the attitude of  "F dem cracker bastids" and kept pushing because the cream always rises to the top, unfortunately he pretty much quit.

Or he could do like most professional people (especially ones doing something the love) of all races do when they lose their job and thank their employers and keep as many doors open as possible

crazy

Hugh Jackson claims to have proof that Browns ownership had a incentive payment plan to lose on purpose in 2016 and 2017 when they went 1-31.... If he has legit proof... yikes 

1 hour ago, SNOORDA said:

Or he could do like most professional people (especially ones doing something the love) of all races do when they lose their job and thank their employers and keep as many doors open as possible

crazy

That's what I meant with "kept pushing".

• Like 1

15 hours ago, What The F said:

As far as I know, the owners ARE the NFL.

17 hours ago, Procus said:

I'll tell you what would be friggin' awesome - a new league that competes with the NFL - comprised of mostly black owners, management and coaches, with some white and other non-black minorities sprinkled in.  There are some great names that could pool together to organize a league like this, with LOTS of corporate sponsorship.  And at the end of the day, I believe with dynamic ownership and great players, it could be a really exciting and entertaining league to follow.  I'd love it.

Whoa there hoss, 70 years after baseball decided that it was racist, you want to start football's **** League? In the year of our lord 2022?  This is a joke right?

I couldn't give a crap if John Mara claims to have black friends out the wazoo, if they had offered Daboll the job before they interviewed Flores they were ass covering about the Rooney rule rather than applying it and they should be called out on it, and I think Howie and the Eagles should have been called out more seriously for giving Duce token interviews in '16 and '21, and before anyone tries to point to what Duce said about his interview process with the Eagles, I'd refer you to the 'uppity Flores should've gone along to get along and not killed his career' posts running through this thread, the NFL did call the Eagles about the 2016 interview being a Rooney rule get out.

20 hours ago, Procus said:

I mean no chance it would "work" or usurp the NFL, but it would be interesting to see what talent they could poach. I think guys like OBJ who are more flash than actual overall skill and whose best years are behind them would absolutely jump ship and go to the lesser league (if the $ was the same/better) to be "the guy" there. 

10 hours ago, What The F said:

Hugh Jackson claims to have proof that Browns ownership had a incentive payment plan to lose on purpose in 2016 and 2017 when they went 1-31.... If he has legit proof... yikes 

this dude *needs* proof. Because pretty sure he's not well respected in the NFL circles. 

Will be interested to see what role Mike Tomlin plays as this thing shakes out. Puts him in a pretty awkward spot. 

1 hour ago, Toty said:

But the Rooney rule is token interviews. That's the whole rule. You have to go find a black guy to interview. What did they expect? The rule doesn't say who you have to hire.

I think what they probably expected was the owners to take it as a cue to finally sort themselves out, currently 69% of NFL players are non white, but only 35% of assistant coaches and 9% of head coaches are. That is an impossible ratio to arrive at based on skills and aptitude alone, it just is.