Flores sues NFL for racism in hiring process

wrestlevessel

80% or more of the players in this leauge are black or some kind of minority. Why is it that the nfl has a rule on head coaches being interviewed and not more white players being given a shot? I know i know, que the I am racist comments below. But seriously this leauge even this world is spewing at the seems in double standards.

Best person qualified should get the job. No color, religon, sexual identity should apply.

18 minutes ago, CheesesteakNBeer said:

80% or more of the players in this leauge are black or some kind of minority. Why is it that the nfl has a rule on head coaches being interviewed and not more white players being given a shot? I know i know, que the I am racist comments below. But seriously this leauge even this world is spewing at the seems in double standards.

Best person qualified should get the job. No color, religon, sexual identity should apply.

So then how do explain 2-3 underqualified white guys getting gigs every single offseason while overqualified black coaches get passed over and over again.  How do exaplain white HC with crap track records getting recycled while black HC never get another shot?

Seriously, do you believe for ONE single second, that a black assistant who had pulled half the crap mcDaniels has pulled would get another shot?  WTF has Mcdaniels done to be that much better than Bienemy or Leftwich?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dawkins4prez said:

Seriously, do you believe for ONE single second, that a black assistant who had pulled half the crap mcDaniels has pulled would get another shot?  WTF has Mcdaniels done to be that much better than Bienemy or Leftwich?

Josh McDaniels

21 years of coaching experience. 11-17 Head Coaching Record.

Offensive coordinator for a offense that fell in the top 10 8 times, #1 in three of those season.

Assistant in 6 Super Bowl championships

Fined in 2011 for participating in videotaped practices. 2018 left the Colts at the alter after acknowledging he would be there new head coach.

Eric Bienemy

21 years of coaching experience.

Coached Adrian Peterson as Running back coach to 2 rushing titles with Minnesota Vikings.

Coached Patrick Mahomes to 5,000 passing yards and led the leauge in 2018.

Assistant in 2020 Super Bowl Chiefs Super Bowl Win.

Arrested Multiple times between 1988 through 2001.

Byron Leftwich

5 years of coaching experience.

Offensive Coordinator for 2021 Tampa Super Bowl.

Tell me who is the most qualified of the 3?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

I know everybody wants to pile on the Rooney Rule but what is the alternative? 

Quotas

• Like 1

I liked Josh McCown as our backup back in the 2019-2020 season and he's someone that could potentially be a good QB coach in the NFL next season if someone scooped him up, but for the Texans to straight up hire McCown over Flores and literally every other qualified candidate that interviewed for different HC jobs but didn't get hired, that would be a big mistake.

The Texans are only going to help Flores' lawsuit if they do what we anticipate them to do.

14 hours ago, CheesesteakNBeer said:

Josh McDaniels

21 years of coaching experience. 11-17 Head Coaching Record.

Offensive coordinator for a offense that fell in the top 10 8 times, #1 in three of those season.

Assistant in 6 Super Bowl championships

Fined in 2011 for participating in videotaped practices. 2018 left the Colts at the alter after acknowledging he would be there new head coach.

Eric Bienemy

21 years of coaching experience.

Coached Adrian Peterson as Running back coach to 2 rushing titles with Minnesota Vikings.

Coached Patrick Mahomes to 5,000 passing yards and led the leauge in 2018.

Assistant in 2020 Super Bowl Chiefs Super Bowl Win.

Arrested Multiple times between 1988 through 2001.

Byron Leftwich

5 years of coaching experience.

Offensive Coordinator for 2021 Tampa Super Bowl.

Tell me who is the most qualified of the 3?

Nice now pull up Zach Taylor's resume, or Klingsbury.  That's the catch 22 for black HC candidtates.  They are never the hot young phenom and they never get the 2nd shot as retreads either.  No black HC could blow up as spectacularly as mcdaniels has TWICE (Broncos and Colts fiascos) and still get a whiff of a HC job.

• Thanks 1

This dude is half black?  LMAO, ok, touche Stephen Ross, touche.  And the 49ers get 2 draft picks for this.  Its only funny cuz its sad.

image.thumb.png.cfc3fc1e67efff66e6897e2815ce7c57.png

• Haha 1

Texans hire lovie smith.  Flores says he didn’t get that job because of the lawsuit.  🤦‍♂️  no crap, really? 

On 2/6/2022 at 10:33 AM, dawkins4prez said:

I know everybody wants to pile on the Rooney Rule but what is the alternative?  going back to black coaches not even getting an interview? 

It's crazy to think that there were no black coaches prior.  Thank god for the Rooney Rule!!!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, paco said:

It's crazy to think that there were no black coaches prior.  Thank god for the Rooney Rule!!!

Al Davis was ahead of the curve in that respect when he hired Art Shell to coach the Raiders

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, flyerdog said:

Al Davis was ahead of the curve in that respect when he hired Art Shell to coach the Raiders

Fritz Pollard says "Yo!"

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/6/2022 at 3:35 PM, dawkins4prez said:

So then how do explain 2-3 underqualified white guys getting gigs every single offseason while overqualified black coaches get passed over and over again.  How do exaplain white HC with crap track records getting recycled while black HC never get another shot?

I agreed with a lot of what you were saying, then…

You used the most qualified head coaching candidate of the entire hiring cycle as your example for undeserving and a guy a team doesn’t want as their OC as deserving.

On 2/6/2022 at 3:35 PM, dawkins4prez said:

Using Leftwich as an example isn’t helping your argument. 

On 2/2/2022 at 7:43 PM, Procus said:

I'll tell you what would be friggin' awesome - a new league that competes with the NFL - comprised of mostly black owners, management and coaches, with some white and other non-black minorities sprinkled in.  There are some great names that could pool together to organize a league like this, with LOTS of corporate sponsorship.  And at the end of the day, I believe with dynamic ownership and great players, it could be a really exciting and entertaining league to follow.  I'd love it.

With a majority of white players? 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/16/2022 at 11:58 AM, SB52 said:

I agreed with a lot of what you were saying, then…

You used the most qualified head coaching candidate of the entire hiring cycle as your example for undeserving and a guy a team doesn’t want as their OC as deserving.

I thought the McDaniels example was perfect. The guy already failed as a HC, took another HC job with the Colts until he embarrassingly backed out of it, and then lands the job with the Raiders.

• Like 1