***1st Eagles Mock Offseason***

Outlaw

EDIT: This was completed prior to Russell Wilson trade to Denver. 

Getting to be my favorite time of year with the official new league year set to begin soon! Here is my 1st edition Mock Eagles offseason, encompassing my thoughts on FA, the draft, and my ideal final 53. Jason Kelce does NOT retire.

Let's start with the Eagles own FA, and the yay/nay of resigning them:

UFA-

Anthony Harris- nay

Derek Barnett- nay

Ryan Kerrigan- nay

Hassan Ridgeway- nay

Rodney McLeod- nay

Steven Nelson- nay

RFA-

Boston Scott- yay

Jason Croom- nay

Nate Herbig- nay

Genard Avery- nay

Alex Singleton- yay

Greg Ward- yay

So, we will be keeping Scott, Ward, and Singleton and saying goodbye to the rest.

I also have three free agent signings that I'd like the Birds to consider. These are under 30 players with good potential, and that are not going to be too hard on the wallet:

S Justin Reid (Houston)

EDGE Charles Harris (Detroit)

WR DJ Chark (Jacksonville)

Now, onto the draft. I did this mock without a ton of pick trading to keep it simpler. BUT, there are 2 major QB trades prior to the draft. The Seattle Seahawks trade Russell Wilson to the Denver Broncos for pick 9 and 75, along with Denver's 2023 1st and 3rd round picks. The Eagles then send Jalen Hurts to Seattle for picks 41 and 72. We then trade 41 and 122 to the Detroit Lions for pick 34. Also, Andre Dillard is traded to the Cincinnati Bengals for pick 95 and a 4th round pick in 2023.  Pick numbers supplied by Tankathon:

R1 15- David Ojabo, EDGE Michigan: The Eagles defensive ends last year were subpar to say the least. Barnett and Kerrigan are gone so we essentially have Graham, Sweat, and Tarron Jackson. Milton also plays some DE. With Hutchinson, Thibodeaux, and Walker all off of the board prior to 15 the Eagles take the raw but but extremely talented David Ojabo. If he is also gone, I would turn to Jermaine Johnson (and honestly those two may be a toss up).

R1 16- Andrew Booth, CB Clemson: With Nelson departing, the Eagles need an outside corner to play across from Slay. Booth comes in to immediately challenge McPhearson for that spot. I have Gardner, Stingley and McDuffie going before him.

R1 19- Devonte Wyatt, DT Georgia: We all know how much value the Eagles place on DT. With Fletcher Cox on the downside and Hargrave set for FA after next year, the Birds invest in Wyatt to form their starting tandem of the future with Milton Williams.

R2 34- Desmond Ridder, QB Cincinnati: My favorite QB in the draft, the Eagles take Ridder who is not just a great athlete, but a high football IQ QB who can make pre-snap adjustments, progress through his reads, and also threaten with his legs when a play breaks down. He will sit year 1 behind the Stache, gearing up to start in 2023. He will need to work on consistency in his accuracy.

R2 51- Chad Muma, LB Wyoming: Muma is arguable the best coverage LB in the draft and was fifth in RAS out of the combine. He is compared to Wyoming alum Logan Wilson, and I see the comparisons. He is a well-rounded and high-ceiling athlete with a high football IQ.

R3 72- Alec Pierce, WR Cincinnati: Alec Pierce is my favorite wideout in this draft, and obviously helps with Ridder's transition to the NFL. Getting someone with size opposite DeVonta to me is a key need. Pierce is a multi-sport athlete who had a very nice combine. Will need some coaching to help him from rounding out some routes, but he has an impressive tree along with impressive size, speed and leaping ability. He can play X and big slot as well to take advantage of matchups.

R3 83- Nick Cross, S Maryland: Cross just had a killer combine which should vault him into R3. Plays with a lot of aggression and explosiveness. He's an enforcer in the middle of the field and can match up well with most TE's. Impressive tackler who will scare opponents coming over the middle.

R3 95- Dohnovan West, IOL ASU: West gives true versatility similar to Seumalo and Dickerson. He can play both G's and C. Think he projects best as a C moving forward, and I think Stoutland can do great things with this kid.

R5 153- Derrick Deese Jr., TE San Jose State: solid blocker at TE who thrives on intermediate routes. Very athletic and gives us a big upgrade in athleticism at TE2. Plus I get to yell Deese Nuts every time he makes a play.

R5 161- Hassan Haskins, RB Michigan: Will be the power back member of the RB group in 2022. This guy runs angry, and is more of a goal-line, chain-moving, cloud of dust guy.

R5 165- Jesse Luketa, EDGE/LB PSU: Luketa will fill the role vacated by Genard Avery. 

R6 204- Matt Araiza, P SDSU: Siposs sucks, and Araiza is a stud. 

Notable UDFA: Erik Swenson, T Oklahoma (makes 53)Dustin Crum, QB Kent State (PS)Jaylen Watson, CB Washington State (PS) (for you, @downundermike)

Now, onto my projected 53:

OFFENSE (25)

QB (2): Gardner Minshew, Desmond Ridder

RB (4): Miles Sanders, Hassan Haskins, Kenneth Gainwell, Boston Scott

WR (6): DeVonta Smith, DJ Chark, Quez Watkins, Alec Pierce, Greg Ward, Jalen Reagor

TE (3): Dallas Goedert, Derrick Deese Jr., Tyree Jackson

OT (4): Jordan Mailata, Lane Johnson, Jack Driscoll, Erik Swenson

C/G (6): Jason Kelce, Landon Dickerson, Isaac Seumalo, Dohnovan West, Jack Anderson, Sua Opeta

DEFENSE (25)

DE (6): Brandon Graham, Josh Sweat, David Ojabo, Charles Harris, Tarron Jackson, Jesse Luketa

DT (5): Fletcher Cox, Javon Hargrave, Milton Williams, Devonte Wyatt, Marvin Wilson

LB (5): TJ Edwards, Alex Singleton, Chad Muma, Davion Taylor, Patrick Johnson

CB (5): Darius Slay, Andrew Booth, Avonte Maddox, Zech McPhearson, Tay Gowan

S (4): Justin Reid, Nick Cross, Marcus Epps, K'von Wallace

SPECIAL TEAMS (3)

LS: Rick Lovato

K: Jake Elliott

P: Matt Araiza

NOTABLE PS MEMBERS

QB Dustin Crum, CB Jaylen Watson, WR Deon Cain, TE Jack Stoll, RB Jason Huntley, LB Jacoby Stevens, G/T Kayode Awosika, DT Marion Tuipulotu, DE Cameron Malveaux, DB Kary Vincent Jr., CB Mac McCain + 5 open spots

So, there you have it. My 1st mock offseason. I think this adds a lot to both sides of the ball and injects a large amount of youth into the team. I know a lot of Hurts fans will be upset, but I'll be working on one where we keep him as well. I just don't feel this team can make it all the way with him, nor can he be a backup here. Minshew gives us a true chance to evaluate the skill positions for all the young guys as while he is no Mahomes, he's a competent NFL QB who can manage a game, read progressions and hit open guys.

Thanks for reading!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

CB Washington State (roster battle, most likely PS) (for you, @downundermike)

Thanks buddy.  Good work, would not complain if this was the outcome of the off season.

10 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Thanks buddy.  Good work, would not complain if this was the outcome of the off season.

Thanks man. I think this is a realistic scenario that could unfold. Nothing in here is like "yeah right, that has 0% chance of happening." Now I need @Godfather's opinion. :lol:

7 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Thanks man. I think this is a realistic scenario that could unfold. Nothing in here is like "yeah right, that has 0% chance of happening." Now I need @Godfather's opinion. :lol:

He went MIA when team selection started for the EMB mock.  Has not been around for more than a month.

1 minute ago, Ray75 said:

D01656BC-C8C0-4D05-8543-8F3FFA0C163E.gif.2ca7bfce8254d71a35f41ddc5a214855.gif 

Thanks man. I was working on this hard and didn't even know Russ got actually traded to Denver. They gave up a LOT more than I proposed. :lol: Now, we've got to get them interested in getting Hurts to pair with Lock as the Western QB Factory.

6 hours ago, Cheesteakitis said:

happy with a lot of players you added just don’t see the hurts trade 

If the plan is to get your QB of the future, you can’t keep Hurts. Minshew is the bridge for 2022 to Ridder in 2023. And a 2nd and a 3rd for Hurts is not super ambitious. 

2 hours ago, Cheesteakitis said:

SDSU Punter Matt Araiza, AKA ‘Punt God,’ Blows Minds With 80-Yard Punt At NFL Combine

https://brobible.com/sports/article/matt-araiza-punt-god-nfl-combine/

suggest he could get drafted day 2… sure hope not but seems really good

No way any GM has the balls to draft a R2 or R3 punter. 

Thanks Outlaw - great post. 

Love free agency - home run!

Trades - you lose me there. Love the extra picks but Ridder as a starter is a non-starter (no pun intended)

Draft - 

• Love 'em - Ojabo, Booth, Wyatt, Muma, Pierce, Cross, Haskins, Luketa, Araiza
  • Hate 'em - Ridder
  • Maybe yes, maybe, no - West, Deese

UDFA - you're the first to take a shot at this, thanks. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rob331 said:

Thanks Outlaw - great post. 

Love free agency - home run!

Trades - you lose me there. Love the extra picks but Ridder as a starter is a non-starter (no pun intended)

Draft - 

• Love 'em - Ojabo, Booth, Wyatt, Muma, Pierce, Cross, Haskins, Luketa, Araiza
  • Hate 'em - Ridder
  • Maybe yes, maybe, no - West, Deese

UDFA - you're the first to take a shot at this, thanks. 

Lol I’m a big Ridder fan. I don’t think we have any legitimate chance at Bama or OSU’s guy next year. Ridder has a very high ceiling in my opinion, but I will admit…a low floor as well. But you have to take chances in this league to get ahead. Ridder in R2 which is an "extra” pick is the epitome of low risk, high reward potential. 

11 minutes ago, Couch Potato said:

@Outlaw

Bryce Harper Bat Flip GIFs | Tenor

No way Howie comes even close to doing as well as this.

:worthy:

:wub: Thanks bro. And these are all viable choices and trades. Nothing so far fetched it could never happen. Just need to become the Eagles GM. 

18 hours ago, Outlaw said:

If the plan is to get your QB of the future, you can’t keep Hurts. Minshew is the bridge for 2022 to Ridder in 2023. And a 2nd and a 3rd for Hurts is not super ambitious. 

No way any GM has the balls to draft a R2 or R3 punter. 

yeah likely not but pretty interesting take i hope he doesn’t move to far up day 3 i was hoping to use that 6th on him. 

would rather just keep hurts feels like a step back counting on Minshew to get us back to the playoffs but who knows.

1 minute ago, Cheesteakitis said:

yeah likely not but pretty interesting take i hope he doesn’t move to far up day 3 i was hoping to use that 6th on him. 

would rather just keep hurts feels like a step back counting on Minshew to get us back to the playoffs but who knows.

I’m not really concerned with playoffs in 2022. This is acknowledging that we aren’t on par with the upper echelon teams, which we aren’t, and building for 2023 and beyond. 

11 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Lol I’m a big Ridder fan. I don’t think we have any legitimate chance at Bama or OSU’s guy next year. Ridder has a very high ceiling in my opinion, but I will admit…a low floor as well. But you have to take chances in this league to get ahead. Ridder in R2 which is an "extra” pick is the epitome of low risk, high reward potential. 

:wub: Thanks bro. And these are all viable choices and trades. Nothing so far fetched it could never happen. Just need to become the Eagles GM. 

1. Well worth taking a chance on Ridder with all those picks. He's probably not going to be the answer, but you never know with QBs.

2. That DL rotation is terrific on paper. If they all stayed fit, you'd be expecting a ton of production from these guys. 

DE : Brandon Graham, Josh Sweat, David Ojabo, Charles Harris, 
DT : Fletcher Cox, Javon Hargrave, Milton Williams, Devonte Wyatt, 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Couch Potato said:

1. Well worth taking a chance on Ridder with all those picks. He's probably not going to be the answer, but you never know with QBs.

2. That DL rotation is terrific on paper. If they all stayed fit, you'd be expecting a ton of production from these guys. 

DE : Brandon Graham, Josh Sweat, David Ojabo, Charles Harris, 
DT : Fletcher Cox, Javon Hargrave, Milton Williams, Devonte Wyatt, 

Yeah that DL rotation would be fire. And a good mix of vets and youth. Putting Ridder aside that rotation is EASILY doable. Ojabo might be Jermaine Johnson, and Wyatt may be Travis Jones or Perrion Winfrey but that group would be just as exciting. 

• Like 1

On 3/8/2022 at 3:21 PM, Outlaw said:

I also have three free agent signings that I'd like the Birds to consider. These are under 30 players with good potential, and that are not going to be too hard on the wallet:

S Justin Reid (Houston)

EDGE Charles Harris (Detroit)

WR DJ Chark (Jacksonville)

R1 15- David Ojabo, EDGE Michigan: The Eagles defensive ends last year were subpar to say the least. Barnett and Kerrigan are gone so we essentially have Graham, Sweat, and Tarron Jackson. Milton also plays some DE. With Hutchinson, Thibodeaux, and Walker all off of the board prior to 15 the Eagles take the raw but but extremely talented David Ojabo. If he is also gone, I would turn to Jermaine Johnson (and honestly those two may be a toss up).

R1 16- Andrew Booth, CB Clemson: With Nelson departing, the Eagles need an outside corner to play across from Slay. Booth comes in to immediately challenge McPhearson for that spot. I have Gardner, Stingley and McDuffie going before him.

R1 19- Devonte Wyatt, DT Georgia: We all know how much value the Eagles place on DT. With Fletcher Cox on the downside and Hargrave set for FA after next year, the Birds invest in Wyatt to form their starting tandem of the future with Milton Williams.

R2 34- Desmond Ridder, QB Cincinnati: My favorite QB in the draft, the Eagles take Ridder who is not just a great athlete, but a high football IQ QB who can make pre-snap adjustments, progress through his reads, and also threaten with his legs when a play breaks down. He will sit year 1 behind the Stache, gearing up to start in 2023. He will need to work on consistency in his accuracy.

R2 51- Chad Muma, LB Wyoming: Muma is arguable the best coverage LB in the draft and was fifth in RAS out of the combine. He is compared to Wyoming alum Logan Wilson, and I see the comparisons. He is a well-rounded and high-ceiling athlete with a high football IQ.

R3 72- Alec Pierce, WR Cincinnati: Alec Pierce is my favorite wideout in this draft, and obviously helps with Ridder's transition to the NFL. Getting someone with size opposite DeVonta to me is a key need. Pierce is a multi-sport athlete who had a very nice combine. Will need some coaching to help him from rounding out some routes, but he has an impressive tree along with impressive size, speed and leaping ability. He can play X and big slot as well to take advantage of matchups.

R3 83- Nick Cross, S Maryland: Cross just had a killer combine which should vault him into R3. Plays with a lot of aggression and explosiveness. He's an enforcer in the middle of the field and can match up well with most TE's. Impressive tackler who will scare opponents coming over the middle.

R3 95- Dohnovan West, IOL ASU: West gives true versatility similar to Seumalo and Dickerson. He can play both G's and C. Think he projects best as a C moving forward, and I think Stoutland can do great things with this kid.

R5 153- Derrick Deese Jr., TE San Jose State: solid blocker at TE who thrives on intermediate routes. Very athletic and gives us a big upgrade in athleticism at TE2. Plus I get to yell Deese Nuts every time he makes a play.

R5 161- Hassan Haskins, RB Michigan: Will be the power back member of the RB group in 2022. This guy runs angry, and is more of a goal-line, chain-moving, cloud of dust guy.

R5 165- Jesse Luketa, EDGE/LB PSU: Luketa will fill the role vacated by Genard Avery. 

R6 204- Matt Araiza, P SDSU: Siposs sucks, and Araiza is a stud. 

Notable UDFA: Erik Swenson, T Oklahoma (makes 53)Dustin Crum, QB Kent State (PS)Jaylen Watson, CB Washington State (PS) (for you, @downundermike)

So, there you have it. My 1st mock offseason. I think this adds a lot to both sides of the ball and injects a large amount of youth into the team. I know a lot of Hurts fans will be upset, but I'll be working on one where we keep him as well. I just don't feel this team can make it all the way with him, nor can he be a backup here. Minshew gives us a true chance to evaluate the skill positions for all the young guys as while he is no Mahomes, he's a competent NFL QB who can manage a game, read progressions and hit open guys.

Thanks for reading!

Not as big on Ojabo as others-but I might change my opinion if Gannon used him as a stand-up edge/backer.

Hard to throw darts at VFA-I let others do that and no objection to your selections.

ANY mock that has Cross, Muma, A.Pierce, Booth, & Wyatt on it gets my attention in a good way!  (Would also like B. Pierce, but won't quibble.)

If Philly takes a QB anywhere, Ridder & Zappe would be the 2 I'd consider as value.

Nice Work.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Greenakers2 said:

Not as big on Ojabo as others-but I might change my opinion if Gannon used him as a stand-up edge/backer.

Hard to throw darts at VFA-I let others do that and no objection to your selections.

ANY mock that has Cross, Muma, A.Pierce, Booth, & Wyatt on it gets my attention in a good way!  (Would also like B. Pierce, but won't quibble.)

If Philly takes a QB anywhere, Ridder & Zappe would be the 2 I'd consider as value.

Nice Work.

Thanks man

Um, and the 23rd pick in the 1973 draft, the Oakland Raiders select Ray Guy, punter, Southern Mississippi (John Madden perhaps?).

I would certainly invest a 5th-rounder for a legit punter.

13 minutes ago, Crazy Legs said:

Um, and the 23rd pick in the 1973 draft, the Oakland Raiders select Ray Guy, punter, Southern Mississippi (John Madden perhaps?).

I would certainly invest a 5th-rounder for a legit punter.

I’m ok with one of our 3 5th rounders. Would not go higher than that. 

On 3/8/2022 at 2:32 PM, Outlaw said:

On 3/8/2022 at 2:37 PM, downundermike said:

He went MIA when team selection started for the EMB mock.  Has not been around for more than a month.

Sorry yall. I've been busy asf with work and remodeling my master bathroom

On 3/9/2022 at 4:06 PM, Couch Potato said:

@Outlaw

Bryce Harper Bat Flip GIFs | Tenor

No way Howie comes even close to doing as well as this.

:worthy:

I like it better when he K's

Nice job. Safety, CB and DE are definite needs. Still waiting to see who Howie can nab in FA. 

Now that we signed Reddick,  it still doesn't change the need for me. Like the DT over WR at 19.