Tyson

DaEagles4Life

Mike Tyson couldn’t compete against Lennox Lewis 20 years ago. For his sake, we’d better hope he doesn’t plan on stepping in the ring with Tyson Fury. Fury is a superior boxer to Lewis.

• Like 1

Would be pretty exciting if he did make a return but I'm not sure it would be the wisest of moves on his part. 

6 hours ago, nipples said:

It would be entertaining but he’d get his a** kicked. 

Depends who he fights i guess. I can think of a few he'd probably still batter.

If an out of shape 45 year old George Foreman can knock out Michael Moorer (27), Tyson has a good chance.

• Like 1

Maybe Tyson has a new line of grills coming out.  I don't care how old Tyson is, nobody on earth wants to get punched by him.

• Like 1

He might still be able to put you to sleep with a hit but can he take one still?

Regardless of the outcome (and I don't think it would be good for Tyson), I would pay any amount of cash to see Tyson in the ring again.  For those that remember him in his prime, he was one of the most polarizing athletes of all time.  Must see TV.  

On 5/12/2020 at 11:29 AM, SPIDER-MAN said:

If an out of shape 45 year old George Foreman can knock out Michael Moorer (27), Tyson has a good chance.

An in-shape late 30s Mike Tyson got finished by guys named Danny Williams and Kevin McBride 15 years ago. This whole comeback thing is most likely for a charity exhibition. Tyson was a great fighter but he got wrecked by Evander Holyfield (twice) and Lennox Lewis. He wouldn't get out of three rounds with the top heavyweights today. 

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

I used to love heavy weight boxing. Not sure how much I'll love senior citizen boxing. 

never liked tyson...he was always a punk. and i find it kind of odd that a convicted rapist has become a lovable guy being featured in comedies like the hangover movies. 

f tyson. 

• Haha 1

Yeah, I wonder how Robin Givens feels about him suddenly being the rehabilitated face of Shark Week.

I'm guilty of it.  I can't wait to watch this stupid fight.   Lost in this is how awesome Roy Jones Jr. was in the 90s.  He was like Mayweather, but he kept winning the title in multiple weight classes.  This thread forced me to watch some Roy Jones knockouts.  He was ridiculous in his prime.  

Am I the only one that thinks he's gonna destroy Mike Tyson?  Roy Jones was fighting professionally 2 years ago.  

• Like 3

RJ Jr was my favorite fighter to watch in his prime.  Made his opponents look silly.

image.gif.7f1966c09f3cbb2d9f1311f7c1fb29a9.gif

• Like 1

On 7/27/2020 at 1:51 PM, hputenis said:

I'm guilty of it.  I can't wait to watch this stupid fight.   Lost in this is how awesome Roy Jones Jr. was in the 90s.  He was like Mayweather, but he kept winning the title in multiple weight classes.  This thread forced me to watch some Roy Jones knockouts.  He was ridiculous in his prime.  

Am I the only one that thinks he's gonna destroy Mike Tyson?  Roy Jones was fighting professionally 2 years ago.  

He was the man.  I'm convinced that his ultimate demise - more so than age - was starting to do those really regular bouts against clearly inferior competition to get the payday.  His skills suffered  from fighting chumps and when he went up against legit contenders, he just couldn't hack it.  But in his prime?  The dude was insanely good.

• Like 1

I think he just kept trying to class up too far, and the added weight cost him his other-worldly quickness.  Plus, those bigger guys hit harder 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, The_Omega said:

I think he just kept trying to class up too far, and the added weight cost him his other-worldly quickness.  Plus, those bigger guys hit harder 

That was definitely a contributing factor.  At first, it was impressive that he could move up and win, but he eventually hit that wall with his quickness that you described.

• 2 months later...