Foo Fighters-- Tribute concerts scheduled

Steve 17

Props to the Foo organization for keeping this situation low key. Last thing I would ever want being in their position is a bunch of creeps like the TMZ snooping around.

That being said Grohl has shown to be on one side a dude that can't sit still...... so at some point new music will flow.

But if you have ever seen interviews..... he was very close to Hawkins and speculation is that he might not be able to play those tunes with anyone else.

Who knows ? ...... what do yoose think ? What have yoose heard ?

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Context? What is happening? 

Hawkins is jamming with EVH ?

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

And John Entwistle, Brad Delp on the vocals.

That would be quite the mix. And freaking incredible.

Honestly, I think it would be a mistake if he did that. 

Noel Gallagher tried doing that, going away from the Oasis songs and doing his own thing.  But the Oasis songs are not only better, but they're why people even know him in the first place.  I saw him with High Flying Birds and the crowd was half into it - he eventually had a freakout on stage about it, started playing Oasis songs, and the crowd went nuts. 

I hope that wouldn't happen to Grohl, but people know him (mostly now) because of the Foo stuff.  Not to mention it still makes a crap ton of money.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

You’re kidding, right ?!

Yeah Hawkins died 3 weeks ago, there is already a topic about that. I didn't know specifically what this was about, seemed he was alluding to something specific news.

A lot of iconic bands have overcome tragedy. Metallica, Def Leppard, Lynyrd Skynyrd, etc. It’s tragic, but one person does not make the band. I suspect that they will take some time off as a band, but will fill the seat behind the drums in due time. They’ll never be the same, but I don’t for a second think they will not carry on in honor of Taylor.

8 hours ago, NOTW said:

Yeah Hawkins died 3 weeks ago, there is already a topic about that. I didn't know specifically what this was about, seemed he was alluding to something specific news.

My mistake for not being clear on that ...... looking for some news on what's next.

Dave is, and always has been, the Foo Fighters. If he decides to keep it going then they could replace Hawkins and not miss a beat (no pun intended, as it’s still way too soon). That said, it wouldn’t surprise me if he decided to end the band, or put it on a long hiatus. I can’t see them playing together, even just to jam, for a long time, and it’s going to be very difficult when they do. It’d also be very difficult for whoever they get to take Hawkins place, for a while anyway. One of the best parts about seeing them was how funny Dave is and I’d imagine that would be the last part to return.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

They were supposed to be here next month at the amphitheater not to far from my house.  

Sorry man....... had plans to see them myself this year. 

• Like 1

I'd say he will put his time and energy into a new creation as part of the grieving process. Like he did the Sound City thing a few years back. Maybe another super group like Them Crooked Vultures or maybe he just tours and fills in playing for friends (Tenacious D for example)

12 minutes ago, Mat said:

I'd say he will put his time and energy into a new creation as part of the grieving process. Like he did the Sound City thing a few years back. Maybe another super group like Them Crooked Vultures or maybe he just tours and fills in playing for friends (Tenacious D for example)

Krist Novoselic is supposedly about to release an album, so he could decide to back him up for a while, but Dave is a born front man and likes the control, so he'll be the lead somewhere, sometime. Might not be for a while though.

Huge Foo fan.Have seen them several times. I think Grohl is going to spend a lot of time on solo stuff, or different projects. Will Foo ever play together again?.....idunno.... I'd lean towards no, but go with the never say never mantra. If they do come back, it likely wont be for a very long time..  

8 hours ago, Steve 17 said:

My mistake for not being clear on that ...... looking for some news on what's next.

No worries. I'm sick so my head is cloudy. I thought there was some legal issue with the songs or something. I thought TMZ snooping around was about some controversy.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The_Omega said:

Krist Novoselic is supposedly about to release an album, so he could decide to back him up for a while, but Dave is a born front man and likes the control, so he'll be the lead somewhere, sometime. Might not be for a while though.

He's in a band with Matt Cameron and Kim Thayil fronted by 2 chicks 

The band's lineup includes bass guitarist/accordionist Krist Novoselic of Nirvana, drummer Matt Cameron of Pearl Jam and Soundgarden, guitarists Kim Thayil of Soundgarden and Jon "Bubba" Dupree of Void, and vocalists Jillian Raye and Jennifer Johnson. Raye and Novoselic played together in the band Giants in the Trees, while Cameron and Dupree played together in Hater.

3 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

He's in a band with Matt Cameron and Kim Thayil fronted by 2 chicks 

He’s been threatening to release a solo album for months now 

Nirvana’s Krist Novoselic is working on a new solo album

Written by Jade Kennedy on Feb 22, 2022

And Novoselic and Thayil together in a band? They should rename it ‘’Creepy’’.

• Haha 1

They will do whatever they think honors Hawkins the best way. They could bring the tour back on next week for all we know or never again. We don't know what they are thinking or feeling about how to approach this. 

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, homerpat said:

sucks in UK. quite a lineup

Labor Day weekend. Told my wife we were going and I meant it. Was getting up to buy tickets at 4:00am tomorrow morning. Then I started shopping flights and realized that those would cost, minimum, $3K, and an overnight flight. I’ll just have to keep hoping that they go on tour again someday.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, The_Omega said:

Labor Day weekend. Told my wife we were going and I meant it. Was getting up to buy tickets at 4:00am tomorrow morning. Then I started shopping flights and realized that those would cost, minimum, $3K, and an overnight flight. I’ll just have to keep hoping that they go on tour again someday.

Thats where I'm at too. :sad: