Foo Fighters-- Tribute concerts scheduled

Steve 17

7 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Noticed that, but they didn’t come there and go through the motions, absolutely crushed it.

Yes they did. :rock:  

Seemed like We Will Rock You kind of fell apart right in the middle before they picked it back up.

7 hours ago, downundermike said:

Be curious to see if they do any of their songs.  I am not sure Rush has performed any of their own music since Neil passed.

It was definitely worth spending the whole day yesterday watching this........ Biggest thing I took from it is Grohl looks like he still enjoys being in a band and playing. Hopeful that they will find a way to continue being the Foo Fighters.

Nile Rodgers is always good.

Wolfgang kicked ass.

Spiller did a good job.  I also enjoyed seeing Roger Taylor and his son playing together. 

Rush could never be the same without Neil......  But I hope those two realize they can still create incredible music.

Kind of wished Stuart Copeland played a little more.

Thinking I would love to see Ozzy and Joe Walsh on stage performing together that would be interesting.

That twelve-year-old girl blew my mind with how good she is.

Watching Hawkins's son play was was emotional.

Kesha should have sent a video message instead.

5 hours ago, Steve 17 said:

Rush could never be the same without Neil......  But I hope those two realize they can still create incredible music.

They should have Danny Carey from Tool so it for the LA show.

I don’t know if the concert was streamed live I totally missed it but I watched Dave sing times like these on YouTube and I lost it.  The pain was real. I feel for him and the foo family.  Another one Gone too soon!!!  

I’ve no idea who Justin Hawkins or The Darkness are, but that D00de was a pro the way he ran onto the stage to grab the microphone and rescue Brian Johnson. Never missed a beat.  Also, Joe Walsh the guitarist has still got it. Joe Walsh the vocalist, not so much.  I was struck that none of the artists left after their set. A lot of times with concerts like that they jet in, perform, then bolt as soon as they’re done, but they were there for a reason, and they all stayed until the end.  Good for them.

12 hours ago, downundermike said:

Whaaaaaaaaat

thanks for posting that, knew he looked familiar.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/3/2022 at 12:20 PM, The_Omega said:

Geddy’s one of the great bass players ever, but they have the bass turned up a little too much right now.  Not much, just a little.

Dude, they just posted the full show lineup for LA on Tuesday, look who is gonna be there.  If Danny Carey plays with Rush my head may explode.

image.png.fa3fac0d89da94a030c90dac21e111b8.png

On 9/23/2022 at 5:23 PM, downundermike said:

Dude, they just posted the full show lineup for LA on Tuesday, look who is gonna be there.  If Danny Carey plays with Rush my head may explode.

image.png.fa3fac0d89da94a030c90dac21e111b8.png

I'd bet Grohl does at least a song or two with them again but we'll see if Omar Hakim joins them again or if someone else jumps in there.

3 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

I'd bet Grohl does at least a song or two with them again but we'll see if Omar Hakim joins them again or if someone else jumps in there.

There was a bunch of idiots on the Alex Lifeson FB page saying Omar Hakim was horrible.  I had to put some Cannucks in their place.

22 minutes ago, downundermike said:

There was a bunch of idiots on the Alex Lifeson FB page saying Omar Hakim was horrible.  I had to put some Cannucks in their place.

:lol: That dude was money. Sure, he wasn't Neil, no one is, but he was a more than competent fill in.

@The_Omega

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/music/story/2022-09-27/taylor-hawkins-tribute-concert-foo-fighters-kia-forum

10:51 p.m. Rush — minus its own drummer, Neil Peart, who died in 2020 — plays "Working Man” with Chad Smith and "YYZ” with Danny Carey of Tool. We have officially entered the lengthy-instrumental-jam portion of the show.