Foo Fighters-- Tribute concerts scheduled

Steve 17

Bunch of piss poor click bait articles out there saying it would be on P+.........  After 20 minutes of searching I found one article that stated they never had any intention of streaming this particular show. Pretty damn annoyed but I'm inclined to believe it will show up on video at some point.

On a side note through all of the looking around I found that Chris Shiflett made a statement recently about about when they get to making another CD sometime in the future.

31 minutes ago, Steve 17 said:

Bunch of piss poor click bait articles out there saying it would be on P+.........  After 20 minutes of searching I found one article that stated they never had any intention of streaming this particular show. Pretty damn annoyed but I'm inclined to believe it will show up on video at some point.

On a side note through all of the looking around I found that Chris Shiflett made a statement recently about about when they get to making another CD sometime in the future.

Yeah I was bummed, hopefully being the guy Dave is he knows that so many want to see it, and he is all about the fans.

1 minute ago, Steve 17 said:

I posted it also

I wouldn't mind hearing a pro shot version of this. 

(I still can't get over the fact that she's the little girl from the Jim Carey Grinch movie) 

• 2 months later...

Now who do they get to replace him? For some reason Rufus Taylor is the name that sticks out to me, but any name, at this point, is a long shot.

21 hours ago, The_Omega said:

Now who do they get to replace him? For some reason Rufus Taylor is the name that sticks out to me, but any name, at this point, is a long shot.

Josh Freese played with them at the tribute concert, so he's probably in the running 

RIP Jeremiah Green, drummer for Modest Mouse. Died from cancer at only 45.

Rufus Taylor seemed to mesh well during the concerts.

Or........

Grohl could always record and they could bring on a road warrior during tour times.

• 3 months later...

New album coming 

BUT HERE WE ARE – NEW ALBUM OUT JUNE 2

First Single "Rescued” Available Now.

Following a year of staggering losses, personal introspection and bittersweet remembrances, Foo Fighters return with But Here We Are, out June 2 on Roswell Records/RCA Records.

A brutally honest and emotionally raw response to everything Foo Fighters endured over the last year, But Here We Are is a testament to the healing powers of music, friendship and family. Courageous, damaged and unflinchingly authentic, But Here We Are opens with newly released lead single "Rescued,” the first of 10 songs that run the emotional gamut from rage and sorrow to serenity and acceptance, and myriad points in between.

Produced by Greg Kurstin and Foo Fighters, But Here We Are is in nearly equal measure the 11th Foo Fighters album and the first chapter of the band’s new life. Sonically channelling the naiveté of Foo Fighters’ 1995 debut, informed by decades of maturity and depth, But Here We Are is the sound of brothers finding refuge in the music that brought them together in the first place 28 years ago, a process that was as therapeutic as it was about a continuation of life.

But Here We Are is available for Pre-Order.

With all pre-orders including "Rescued” as an instant grat. The album’s track list is as follows:

Rescued
Under You
Hearing Voices
But Here We Are
The Glass
Nothing At All
Show Me How
Beyond Me
The Teacher
Rest

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Live stream on a site called veeps....... starting in about 5 mins

Titled preparing music for concerts

4 hours ago, The_Omega said:

Yeah, he’s gonna work just fine. :rock: 

Lol, agreed. 

1 hour ago, Steve 17 said:

Lol, agreed. 

Them jamming with him on All My Life and No Son of Mine was friggin awesome.

• Like 1

@The_Omega

It was a great hour. Wished it went longer. I felt as though Shiflett is taking on a more active role besides taking the backround vocals...... he almost seemed to be "keeping an eye on things "

Mendel is playing the best I have ever heard him play.

With all respect to Hawkins, Freese seems to inject some new energy..... after all these years.... that is a positive.

It will be interesting to see if this direction continues. But right now it was pretty damn good.

• 2 weeks later...