Foo Fighters-- Tribute concerts scheduled

Steve 17

On 6/15/2022 at 7:09 PM, The_Omega said:

Labor Day weekend. Told my wife we were going and I meant it. Was getting up to buy tickets at 4:00am tomorrow morning. Then I started shopping flights and realized that those would cost, minimum, $3K, and an overnight flight. I’ll just have to keep hoping that they go on tour again someday.

FWIW - I think its hard to find flights over to Europe that aren't red eyes these days...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Steve 17 said:

Streaming on Paramount + starting around 11:30 am eastern.

Sweet, thanks for the reminder.   I assume you can watch at your leisure anytime after that ??

4 minutes ago, Steve 17 said:

Streaming on Paramount + starting around 11:30 am eastern.

I just went and looked and it shows Saturday at 11:30 am eastern

3A0FD142-2BF2-4D0D-AD47-C03E6A76BCC8.jpeg

Wolfgang Van Halen, Travis Barker, Dave Grohl and some other guy doing Hot For Teacher was pretty sweet.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

Wolfgang Van Halen, Travis Barker, Dave Grohl and some other guy doing Hot For Teacher was pretty sweet.

Wolfgang can play a little.

I can’t wait to see Alex and Geddy

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Wolfgang can play a little.

I can’t wait to see Alex and Geddy

Yeah that’s one I’m waiting for too. I wonder if Dave will man the kit for them.

9 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

Yeah that’s one I’m waiting for too. I wonder if Dave will man the kit for them.

Be curious to see if they do any of their songs.  I am not sure Rush has performed any of their own music since Neil passed.

I’ll give Brian Johnson an A for effort, despite an understandably lower score for execution.

5 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

I’ll give Brian Johnson an A for effort, despite an understandably lower score for execution.

He has never been kind to his vocal chords, surprised the dude can even talk anymore

Geddy’s one of the great bass players ever, but they have the bass turned up a little too much right now.  Not much, just a little.

2 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

Geddy’s one of the great bass players ever, but they have the bass turned up a little too much right now.  Not much, just a little.

Noticed that, but they didn’t come there and go through the motions, absolutely crushed it.