Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Non-Nuanced Poll - is the U.S. headed in the right direction?

Do you think the U.S. is headed in the right direction? 41 members have voted

  1. 1. Is the U.S. headed in the right direction?

    • Yes - the Biden administration put the country back on track
      34%
    • No - the president and his staff are a bunch of imbeciles
      65%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Author
15 hours ago, Dave Moss said:

Procus is probably 60-65.  He's like Dr. Philly's age

Dr. Philly ages like a fine wine.  I'll take that as a compliment.

4 minutes ago, Procus said:

G'Day Mate!

99% of us have more Philly cred than you.

Probably.  The fact that you won't tell us when you moved from Philly makes me wonder about your CRED

  • Author
2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Probably.  The fact that you won't tell us when you moved from Philly makes me wonder about your CRED

Knock yourself out - wonder all you like.  As if I or anyone else really cares.

Here's a trivia question:  Who was mayor during the first hostilities between the police and MOVE? 

32 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

I'm 39 - moved to the US from Portugal 18 years ago to work for Calvin Klein as an underwear model.  

Seems legit.

3c48103f-8430-4fd1-bfec-89c894ee8859.c835858a2a67f14b06f3acecc7995c60.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Procus said:

Knock yourself out - wonder all you like.  As if I or anyone else really cares.

Here's a trivia question:  Who was mayor during the first hostilities between the police and MOVE? 

The Honorable Reverend Dr. W. Wilson Goode, Sr.'s Biography

4 minutes ago, Procus said:

Knock yourself out - wonder all you like.  As if I or anyone else really cares.

@EaglesRocker97 now I am really curious.  What do you think procus is hiding with his refusal to say when he left Philly.  If we set the over / under at 1990, I have a feeling it would still be the under.

did we hear about the :"personal crime wave" yet?  :pizza:

  • Author
5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

The Honorable Reverend Dr. W. Wilson Goode, Sr.'s Biography

no

care to try again?

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

@EaglesRocker97 now I am really curious.  What do you think procus is hiding with his refusal to say when he left Philly.  If we set the over / under at 1990, I have a feeling it would still be the under.

 

 I really have no clue. His evasiveness would lead me to believe that he left recently enough that it would be a black eye for him to admit that he left during a period when crime was decreasing. On the other hand, referencing events from almost 40 years ago could lead one to believe that he left during a period of high crime, but he hasn't been back for decades and thus has kept the image in his mind that Philly is just as crime-infested as it was in the 70s and early 80s. Either way, he has to keep up the charade to save face.

2 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

did we hear about the :"personal crime wave" yet?  :pizza:

 

Maybe Procus and SNOORDA should get together and trade personal safety tips :roll:

Trump is not the President, so we are on the right track, as long as that remains true.

Headed in the right direction? Well, if we mean headed away from the former president and his crew trying to destroy Democracy because they lost, then yes.

That probably isn't what the OP (is a ****) meant, though.

14 minutes ago, Procus said:

no

care to try again?

My bad, I missed the word 1st in your post

The Frank Rizzo Statue Sculptor Has His Own Ideas for What to Do With It

20 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

Trump is not the President, so we are on the right track, as long as that remains true.

"World War III be Damned, we are going down with the ship."

 

Sounds just Like G W  Supporters in the mid 2000's, with WMD

54 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

On the cusp

1965 is the cutoff, boomer

22 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

1965 is the cutoff, boomer

Like I said, I’m on the cuff whipper snapper

Some of column A and some of column B

So I just voted No

I'm not sure what's going to happen to student loans but whenever that gets decided... it will piss off millions

I haven't looked at who is running in 2024 but it can't be Biden and God no for Trump

3 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Some of column A and some of column B

So I just voted No

I'm not sure what's going to happen to student loans but whenever that gets decided... it will piss off millions

I haven't looked at who is running in 2024 but it can't be Biden and God no for Trump

You don't need to look, you already said who's running.

  • Author
18 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

Like I said, I’m on the cuff whipper snapper

They'd appreciate if you'd post your full name and social security number as well.

I hate politics..... and hate politicians even more ( makes sense ) that being said .....

To some of our more vocal posters..... please post as to reasons WHY.... you feel the country is headed in whatever direction you feel it is headed. ( I have only seen a few posts in all these pages ) I am curious to see the logic behind the words and reasoning. 

Why ask this ?....... purely personal........ I wish to form better opinions on whether some of you are delusional or just plain moronic.

 

 

29 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

Like I said, I’m on the cuff bald whipper snapper

Fmp

@Dave Moss

27 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Some of column A and some of column B

So I just voted No

I'm not sure what's going to happen to student loans but whenever that gets decided... it will piss off millions

I haven't looked at who is running in 2024 but it can't be Biden and God no for Trump

Short of Trump being in jail or dead, there is no scenario where it isn't Biden vs. Trump. If Trump were to die between now and then, the gop frontrunners would be Hawley and Desantis who might both be somehow worse than Trump. 

21 minutes ago, Gannan said:

Short of Trump being in jail or dead, there is no scenario where it isn't Biden vs. Trump. If Trump were to die between now and then, the gop frontrunners would be Hawley and Desantis who might both be somehow worse than Trump. 

That wiki page says Hawley declined interest in running

29 minutes ago, Steve 17 said:

I hate politics..... and hate politicians even more ( makes sense ) that being said .....

To some of our more vocal posters..... please post as to reasons WHY.... you feel the country is headed in whatever direction you feel it is headed. ( I have only seen a few posts in all these pages ) I am curious to see the logic behind the words and reasoning. 

Why ask this ?....... purely personal........ I wish to form better opinions on whether some of you are delusional or just plain moronic.

 

 

We moved past injecting bleach as a cure for Covid-19 so I feel like we’re headed in the right direction.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.