Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Non-Nuanced Poll - is the U.S. headed in the right direction?

Do you think the U.S. is headed in the right direction? 41 members have voted

  1. 1. Is the U.S. headed in the right direction?

    • Yes - the Biden administration put the country back on track
      34%
    • No - the president and his staff are a bunch of imbeciles
      65%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

@Gannan @HazletonEagle @20dawk4life as someone who voted no, curious if you would have chosen this option if available.

No. We’re getting worse with each president. Everyone wanting to big brother everything but in their direction is making the country worse each cycle. 

This poll is proof that CVON tilts liberal. National polls are closer to 75-25.

  • Author
2 hours ago, downundermike said:

And every time you accuse someone of being a strange bird, let me remind you, that you are the guy who PM'd me movie spoilers because I didn't agree with you about Polio.

No, I only accused you of being a strange bird.  I'm not saying you're a bad guy.  And for that matter, I have a few friends that are strange birds.

  • Author
41 minutes ago, matchew88 said:

This poll is proof that CVON tilts liberal. National polls are closer to 75-25.

I saw the Rasmussen poll which precipitated this one.  Was curious as to whether or not CVON was populated primarily with liberals, and while there are a larger percentage of liberals here than in the country as a whole, we see that they make a disproportionate amount of noise.

50 minutes ago, matchew88 said:

This poll is proof that CVON tilts liberal. National polls are closer to 75-25.

Are those the same polls that told you Trump won all 56 states?

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

@Gannan @HazletonEagle @20dawk4life as someone who voted no, curious if you would have chosen this option if available.

Yes. I'm not sure we've been moving in the right direction for the better part of 20 years but there have been times that have been worse than others. 

9 minutes ago, Procus said:

I saw the Rasmussen poll which precipitated this one.  Was curious as to whether or not CVON was populated primarily with liberals, and while there are a larger percentage of liberals here than in the country as a whole, we see that they make a disproportionate amount of noise.

The poll you made was really stupid though, as I explained earlier. It mimicked the polls Trump sends out in his emails, which makes sense since you are a pretty hardcore Trumplikin.

1 hour ago, matchew88 said:

This poll is proof that CVON tilts liberal. National polls are closer to 75-25.

I found a video that says Biden has an 80% approval rating but THE ELITES don’t want you to know about it!

  • Author
3 minutes ago, VanHammersly said:

I found a video that says Biden has an 80% approval rating but THE ELITES don’t want you to know about it!

Do share

46 minutes ago, Procus said:

No, I only accused you of being a strange bird.  I'm not saying you're a bad guy.  And for that matter, I have a few friends that are strange birds.

As strange as using your clone account to vote twice in your own meaningless poll? :roll:

1 minute ago, Procus said:

Do share

I would but THE ElITES will just take it down. They’ve got their hands in everything.

  • Author
15 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

As strange as using your clone account to vote twice in your own meaningless poll? :roll:

Hi Skippy!

1 minute ago, Procus said:

Hi Skippy!

Seriously, how fragile is your psyche that you felt the need to do that? It's not just sad, it's actually really weird, dude.

  • Author
4 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

Seriously, how fragile is your psyche that you felt the need to do that? It's not just sad, it's actually really weird, dude.

I prefer bizarre please

25 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

As strange as using your clone account to vote twice in your own meaningless poll? :roll:

As strange as PM'ing movie spoilers to someone?

7 hours ago, downundermike said:

If the option was there, I would have voted "no, but it is a better direction than the previous administration"

 

Pretty simple really

20 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

No. We’re getting worse with each president. Everyone wanting to big brother everything but in their direction is making the country worse each cycle. 

well stated

18 hours ago, we_gotta_believe said:

Seriously, how fragile is your psyche that you felt the need to do that? It's not just sad, it's actually really weird, dude.

actually replying to your own thread/point with a Troll account was fairly common for the guy with a ton of troll accounts in CVON years back :whistle:

 

Procus was just voting like a progressive Liberal! :roll:

1 minute ago, Ipiggles said:

actually replying to your own thread/point with a Troll account was fairly common for the guy with a ton of troll accounts in CVON years back :whistle:

 

Procus was just voting like a progressive Liberal! :roll:

No clue what this means, but if calling procus a progressive liberal is what we need to do so he can finally seek the help he desperately needs, then I'm 100% on board, my dude. Your terms are acceptable.

14 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

Pretty simple really

I'd argue by asking again, serious question -: What do you believe is better now for the American People out side of the Pandemic? Because that was going to run it's course in similar fashion regardless. 

I honestly cannot think of anything that is better. Maybe I am missing something.  

Just now, we_gotta_believe said:

No clue what this means, but if calling procus a progressive liberal is what we need to do so he can finally seek the help he desperately needs, then I'm 100% on board, my dude. Your terms are acceptable.

Wow you are special, "he voted twice, using his other ID"  = Voting like a progressive liberal. 

 

2 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

I'd argue by asking again, serious question -: What do you believe is better now for the American People out side of the Pandemic? Because that was going to run it's course in similar fashion regardless. 

I honestly cannot think of anything that is better. Maybe I am missing something.  

Mainly things are trending negatively at a lower velocity

9 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

actually replying to your own thread/point with a Troll account was fairly common for the guy with a ton of troll accounts in CVON years back :whistle:

 

Procus was just voting like a progressive Liberal! :roll:

2001 Mules starring Procus available for download soon.

11 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

I'd argue by asking again, serious question -: What do you believe is better now for the American People out side of the Pandemic? Because that was going to run it's course in similar fashion regardless. 

I honestly cannot think of anything that is better. Maybe I am missing something.  

Wow you are special, "he voted twice, using his other ID"  = Voting like a progressive liberal. 

 

Yes, Procus is a dumb libtard, we agree.

2 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

Mainly things are trending negatively at a lower velocity

 Sorry I was looking for actual tangible items.

So Except for things like :Afghanistan, inflation, Ukraine, The Disinformation governance board,  The overreach of Government trying to use OSHA to police unconstitutional COVID Mandates...  (just the tip of the iceberg, soo many more things that are actually heading in the wrong direction at a much faster pace) Other than that, we are trending negatively at a slower pace!?

Sorry,  I dissagree. Not at a slower pace, but a faster pace. Can you give me what actually improved, anything? (other than the Pandemic as that course would be similar regardless)

If you said Biden was more likeable, you would have a better position to stand on. The only other valid point I can think of, is that Trump shares his part of blame with what happened Jan 6th, so I will give you that.   

But from my perspective, most Americans are not better off now. 

 

  • Author
20 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

 Sorry I was looking for actual tangible items.

So Except for things like :Afghanistan, inflation, Ukraine, The Disinformation governance board,  The overreach of Government trying to use OSHA to police unconstitutional COVID Mandates...  (just the tip of the iceberg, soo many more things that are actually heading in the wrong direction at a much faster pace) Other than that, we are trending negatively at a slower pace!?

Sorry,  I dissagree. Not at a slower pace, but a faster pace. Can you give me what actually improved, anything? (other than the Pandemic as that course would be similar regardless)

If you said Biden was more likeable, you would have a better position to stand on. The only other valid point I can think of, is that Trump shares his part of blame with what happened Jan 6th, so I will give you that.   

But from my perspective, most Americans are not better off now. 

 

I was going to say something like this - maybe a bit more abbreviated. 

Something to the effect of what aspects of our daily lives during the previous administration that government affects - things like the economy, foreign relations, judiciary and the like did you find to be trending better or worse and why, or what of these aspects do you find better or worse currently and why so?

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.