Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Non-Nuanced Poll - is the U.S. headed in the right direction?

Do you think the U.S. is headed in the right direction? 41 members have voted

  1. 1. Is the U.S. headed in the right direction?

    • Yes - the Biden administration put the country back on track
      34%
    • No - the president and his staff are a bunch of imbeciles
      65%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

1 minute ago, Procus said:

I said it before - he's a strange bird.  He's not even an American, but he's telling us how we should run the country.  And as for the Eagles, this guy is a wanne be fan who didn't bleed green the way the rest of us did.  Just an outlier who hasn't earned his stripes as an American or Eagles fan.

Yeah, I am a wannabe fan, who became an Eagles fan before I knew the game or the history.  I could have waited and jump aboard the best gravy train, but due to personal experiences the Eagles name was the one I chose, and I have been a diehard fan from day one.

Just now, downundermike said:

Not triggered at all, just proving that it is intellectually dishonest.

Wow, an "intellectually dishonest" CVON poll!? Thank God I was sitting down when I read this or I would have collapsed in shock. 

1 minute ago, Kz! said:

Wow, an "intellectually dishonest" CVON poll!? Thank God I was sitting down when I read this or I would have collapsed in shock. 

@Procus, confirmation from your comrade that your poll is in fact intellectually dishonest

35 minutes ago, Gannan said:

Because Trump is running. Once Trump officially announces, the gop presidential primaries will be cancelled like they were last time.

If it's Trump vs Biden again then I'm going 3rd party again

Just now, Mike030270 said:

If it's Trump vs Biden again then I'm going 3rd party again

Ill be casting even more votes for Biden this time. Several more in Arizona and Georgia !

1 minute ago, Gannan said:

Ill be casting even more votes for Biden this time. Several more in Arizona and Georgia !

You can vote for me in Washington also if you would like.

1 minute ago, Gannan said:

Ill be casting even more votes for Biden this time. Several more in Arizona and Georgia !

Do what you have to do

37 minutes ago, Gannan said:

Ill be casting even more votes for Biden this time. Several more in Arizona and Georgia !

Me too. I'm getting the old HVAC van ready now to make a few ballot runs

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

Yes, you do not care about everyone's vote, that is why you posted a poll that was skewed to get the answer you wanted.

There has been 1565 views of this topic, do you really believe it was only viewed by the 32 people who voted ??

Oh that's right, it wasn't, as you had 10 folks reply that did not vote, as you did not provide an option that represented @Alpha_TATEr @Toastrel @we_gotta_believe @EaglesRocker97 @Shepard Wong @Imp81318 @DrPhilly @20dawk4life @Talkingbirds @Steve 17

Taking those 10 folks into account, 20 voted no ( 47.6 % ) 12 voted yes ( 28.57 % ) and we know for sure 10 did not vote as there was not an option that represented them ( 23.81 % )

The percentage of those who did not vote is obviously higher than that, but some of the 1565 views of this topic are from folks who could not care less about your stupid poll options and did not vote or comment.

 Some of those you listed are just afraid to take the L and are too embarrassed to vote YES.  Others that voted yes should be embarrassed. 

But suffice to say they did not vote "YES Biden admin has put the country back on track". 

There are more nuanced positions to be had, but here is what I take out of it all: The Biden admin has proven to date to be incapble of fixing anything, in fact mostly they have screwed things up. You name it, when they touch it, it's worse.  Build Back Better was the montra, and on that note, nothing is built, nothing is back and nothing is better. 

1 minute ago, Ipiggles said:

There are more nuanced positions to be had,

That was the entire point, the poll is intellectually dishonest.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

That was the entire point, the poll is intellectually dishonest.

Not from my perspective, it isn't.  But thats an opinion- as well 🙂

Just now, Ipiggles said:

Not from my perspective, it isn't.  But thats an opinion- as well 🙂

If the option was there, I would have voted "no, but it is a better direction than the previous administration"

 

  • Author
3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

If the option was there, I would have voted "no, but it is a better direction than the previous administration"

It's killing you that most people see exactly how f'd up this administration is and how they're screwing things up royally.  It's really not that complex.  You're just throwing a tantrum because despite your lobbying efforts, the results are not what you hoped they would be.

2 minutes ago, Procus said:

It's killing you that most people see exactly how f'd up this administration is and how they're screwing things up royally.  It's really not that complex.  You're just throwing a tantrum because despite your lobbying efforts, the results are not what you hoped they would be.

They could be doing better, but they are doing better than the previous administration, so that is how I would have voted, and if you had the balls to redo the poll with that option, that would get more votes.

9 minutes ago, downundermike said:

If the option was there, I would have voted "no, but it is a better direction than the previous administration"

 

Again an opinion. I feel like if Biden would have left things alone the way they were from the previous admin, we would be better off than we are now. Basically do nothing. Regardless, hence, why I dont have a problem with the poll. 

For the life of me, I dont know how you can actually say that? Afghanistan pullout likely would not have been an unmittigated disastor, it's not like it could have been worse, we did not have to reverse all the deregulations on the Oil industry- you cannot actually believe that helped?   And thats just 2 major issues I have. 

Honest question, "what is better for the American people now?"  I'm curious.  The Pandemic? Would have taken a very similar course, except, the media would still be using it as a tool. 

 

 

  • Author
Just now, downundermike said:

They could be doing better, but they are doing better than the previous administration, so that is how I would have voted, and if you had the balls to redo the poll with that option, that would get more votes.

You are free to make up any poll you like

14 minutes ago, downundermike said:

If the option was there, I would have voted "no, but it is a better direction than the previous administration"

 

@Gannan @HazletonEagle @20dawk4life as someone who voted no, curious if you would have chosen this option if available.

1 hour ago, Procus said:

I said it before - he's a strange bird. 

And every time you accuse someone of being a strange bird, let me remind you, that you are the guy who PM'd me movie spoilers because I didn't agree with you about Polio.

  • Author
1 minute ago, downundermike said:

And every time you accuse someone of being a strange bird, let me remind you, that you are the guy who PM'd me movie spoilers because I didn't agree with you about Polio.

Nah, it was more than that.  Just look at how you're acting up today.

I don't get it - you say you're 48 years old with a family and you're a contributing taxpayer.  Don't you work?  You've been posting on these boards all day.  I'm semi-retired with too much time on my hands some days, but when I was your age, I worked full time.

2 minutes ago, Procus said:

Nah, it was more than that.  Just look at how you're acting up today.

I don't get it - you say you're 48 years old with a family and you're a contributing taxpayer.  Don't you work?  You've been posting on these boards all day.  I'm semi-retired with too much time on my hands some days, but when I was your age, I worked full time.

I am at work right now, I have a dual monitor set up, and have plenty of down time while on hold with contractors, electricians, architects etc

30 minutes ago, downundermike said:

@Gannan @HazletonEagle @20dawk4life as someone who voted no, curious if you would have chosen this option if available.

:roll: 

18 minutes ago, Procus said:

Nah, it was more than that.  Just look at how you're acting up today.

I don't get it - you say you're 48 years old with a family and you're a contributing taxpayer.  Don't you work?  You've been posting on these boards all day.  I'm semi-retired with too much time on my hands some days, but when I was your age, I worked full time.

Do you have the same feelings about the conservative posters who are on here all day?

43 minutes ago, downundermike said:

@Gannan @HazletonEagle @20dawk4life as someone who voted no, curious if you would have chosen this option if available.

No.  The previous administration is over. The question is asking about the present,  not the past. 

5 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

No.  The previous administration is over. The question is asking about the present,  not the past. 

I think it is relevant in who is asking the question and the angle they are working.

If the current administration does not have us headed in the right direction, did they take us in a negative direction from the previous administration, should we have stayed with the previous direction, should we have elected a 3rd party administration.  

21 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I think it is relevant in who is asking the question and the angle they are working.

If the current administration does not have us headed in the right direction, did they take us in a negative direction from the previous administration, should we have stayed with the previous direction, should we have elected a 3rd party administration.  

Different questions for a different thread. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.