Eagles sign James Bradberry!!! 1-yr 10mil

pgcd3

19 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

It’s a prove it deal. He’s a very good zone CB coming into a predominantly zone scheme. If he looks great, they’ll try and extend him. I love one year prove it deals. 

Only weakness we still have is at S…and QB. But this roster is built to win now IF Hurts can be a top 12 QB. 

I was kind of wondering, if he's so good why was he released and not traded? why did Carolina release him 3 years ago? what are we missing on him? 

11 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

Funny, but it seems like Howie has a finger on the pulse of the fans about some of the moves he's made this season. Just sayin. 

I thought as much when, in  the last two drafts, we started shopping in the right aisle (SEC)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

It’s a prove it deal. He’s a very good zone CB coming into a predominantly zone scheme. If he looks great, they’ll try and extend him. I love one year prove it deals. 

Only weakness we still have is at S…and QB. But this roster is built to win now IF Hurts can be a top 12 QB. 

Not as much a prove it deal now that he said he passed up better offers to join the Eagles because he wants to win.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Moe Greene said:

I was kind of wondering, if he's so good why was he released and not traded? why did Carolina release him 3 years ago? what are we missing on him? 

I think he left via FA. No?

5 minutes ago, Moe Greene said:

Giants had a terrible cap situation and nobody wanted to trade for the high cap hit from his deal.  

Just now, Godfather said:

I think he left via FA. No?

Giants released him a week or two ago, so No.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

He's a better CB than anyone we have other than Slay. Perfect size and compliment to Slay. Our Secondary just got better. 

Oh absolutely. And whilst I think Slay is clearly a better player I do think Bradberry can be a low end #1. I just think this gives us options beyond this year too. It's a really smart signing on paper. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, heyeaglefn said:

Giants had a terrible cap situation and nobody wanted to trade for the high cap hit from his deal.  

Giants released him a week or two ago, so No.  

He was referring to him leaving Carolina. No? 

• Like 1

Damn the squad is looking good. Only weaknesses now are safety and QB. Maybe CB depth.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Damanick10 said:

Damn the squad is looking good. Only weaknesses now are safety and QB. Maybe CB depth.

Howie has been stacking up CBs like WRs

1 minute ago, Godfather said:

Howie has been stacking up CBs like WRs

Yeah a lot of unknowns maybe they'll pan out. Safety is a concern tho.

People crack me up that are worried about contracts. They act like it's THEIR $$. 🤣😂🤣

Decent signing. See what he does this year and go from there. Live in the PRESENT and go from there.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

Funny, but it seems like Howie has a finger on the pulse of the fans about some of the moves he's made this season. Just sayin. 

Shhhh. Don't tell anybody. I'm in the "Howie Hater House", but I was thinking this recently. :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i'll rip howie when he needs to be ripped, which let's be honest, he's given fans reason to rip him. but, i will also give him credit when credit is due, which it is right now. 

we still have to see the team actually go out and perform, but i think howie has done a lot to turn this around. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

But this roster is built to win now IF Hurts can be a top 12 QB.

When do you pull the plug and put Minshew in if Hurts is not getting it done, or do you favor the go run heavy approach again ??

Just now, downundermike said:

When do you pull the plug and put Minshew in if Hurts is not getting it done, or do you favor the go run heavy approach again ??

After the bye week

27 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I have: Randall, Dawk x2, Kelce, Wentz (May get the Brown nameplate), BWest, TO, and DeSean. 

I have # 5 and # 9. Donated # 11 to charity. LOL. 

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

My brother made the comment that Hurts will be a MVP candidate this year and I laughed harder than captain insano from the waterboy

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I think Carson Strong is going to beat out Minshew for the # 2 spot. 

1 minute ago, Shalodeep said:

My brother made the comment that Hurts will be a MVP candidate this year and I laughed harder than captain insano from the waterboy

AEW Files To Trademark Paul Wight's “Captain Insano” Persona

That's cute kid, how old are you, 11, 12 years old?

• Haha 1

Getting pressure on the QB was a weakness last year so they signed Reddick and hopefully get Graham back playing well.

They add Davis to the inside which adds some depth and hopefully can see Cox fresher when he is on the field.

They draft Dean and sign a couple guys at the LB'er position, a spot that has been neglected since Bradham came in.

Bradberry sures up the 2nd CB spot with a guy that can be a number one on most teams

The 2nd safety spot next to Harris is a question mark with McLeod gone. They need someone to step up there and this defense could be legit next year if they are coached well.

Offensively they traded for a legit WR in Brown, the o-line looks like it could be one of the best units in the league, the running game should be solid and if Hurts can be an average QB this team can make some noise in a weak NFC

Ok... even the most egregious Howie hater has to give him props on this off-season. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, downundermike said:

lol... you just can't help yourself lmao. Dude we just got a #2 corner.