Eagles sign James Bradberry!!! 1-yr 10mil

pgcd3

9 minutes ago, Moe Greene said:

do we have any cap space left?

16 or 17 mil come June 1st

• Like 1

2 hours ago, judunno said:

Ok... even the most egregious Howie hater has to give him props on this off-season. 

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Oh absolutely. And whilst I think Slay is clearly a better player I do think Bradberry can be a low end #1. I just think this gives us options beyond this year too. It's a really smart signing on paper. 

Just happened! 😄

This really helps us this year. Even if we don‘t add a safety we have a strong roster now. If we can add one before the season- even better.

Very happy Roseman made it happen!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Infam said:

Just happened! 😄

This really helps us this year. Even if we don‘t add a safety we have a strong roster now. If we can add one before the season- even better.

Very happy Roseman made it happen!

Damn straight! Credit where credit is due he's done a very good job this offseason on paper. I love the moves he's made. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jsdarkstar said:

Yeah, Howie has been full of surprises this year. 

Jesse Bates, S on the Bengals rejected his Franchise Tag. Maybe Howie can work a trade for him with one of next year's 2nd round picks. Instant upgrade. 

1 2nd rd in 23. 2 2nd rds in 24 but otherwise me gusta your idea

• Like 2

Safety should be fine. I think they like the 3 safety rotation with Epps, Harris and a healthy Wallace. McLeod was okay, but more of a leadership type than anything else. They have enough leader types in the room, so not too worried. Thinking one of the cornerbacks like Vincent could provide depth here & enter rotation at some point. Can even see Maddox at safety for some snaps with the hybrid looks we will have whereby a slot CB is not in that scheme. Depth and restocking the secondary should work itself out here in the next couple of years, with some of these prospects. This Bradberry move just made them ease into this now and is a brilliant move by Howie.

Good job scooping him up over other teams, glad he wanted to play for Philly vs other teams.  It's amazing a player like this becomes available.  No corner in free agency or draft and then post-draft able to get him. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, judunno said:

Ok... even the most egregious Howie hater has to give him props on this off-season. 

I'm that guy.... and yes, I do give him props this year.
Signed: A Howie Hater

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mat said:

Getting pressure on the QB was a weakness last year so they signed Reddick and hopefully get Graham back playing well.

They add Davis to the inside which adds some depth and hopefully can see Cox fresher when he is on the field.

They draft Dean and sign a couple guys at the LB'er position, a spot that has been neglected since Bradham came in.

Bradberry sures up the 2nd CB spot with a guy that can be a number one on most teams

The 2nd safety spot next to Harris is a question mark with McLeod gone. They need someone to step up there and this defense could be legit next year if they are coached well.

Offensively they traded for a legit WR in Brown, the o-line looks like it could be one of the best units in the league, the running game should be solid and if Hurts can be an average QB this team can make some noise in a weak NFC

Jordan Davis is more than just "depth”. His dominance against the run alone, could potentially improve both the Eagles run defense and pass defense. Because it will allow them to play two high safeties.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Godfather said:

You happy with 1 year rentals brah?

If he signs a big money deal next year you’re looking at a solid comp pick.

I just don’t like trading assets for rentals.

4 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Huge move. The Defense is a safety away from being potentially elite.

Eagles should contend for NFC East. If Hurts takes a fair step up, we could be legit contenders full stop.

Unfortunately this is the Eagles. They will be decimated with injuries to most of of their top starters by week 3

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Swimm said:

Unfortunately this is the Eagles. They will be decimated with injuries to most of of their top starters by week 3

wasn't the case last year. Outside of graham, the team was pretty healthy all year. 

Was unhappy that’s it’s another 1 yr deal but if it’s true he picked eagles out of 11 teams it means he’ll likely be willing to re-sign if he excels 

Why would Howie do this unless he thinks theres a chance we can repeat the magic of 2017 this year?....hmm.

In fact im seeing a lot of parallels between this season and 2017. A second year QB, a big WR signing...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Godfather said:

You happy with 1 year rentals brah?

Not sure what the issue is with this.  You ink him INITIALLY to a 1 year deal and see how he fits ... if he plays well you hope to ink him to an extension before the season ends.  

1 hour ago, Swimm said:

Hey, break a leg !  This is the A new Eagles team.  Give it a chance.

3 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Not sure what the issue is with this.  You ink him INITIALLY to a 1 year deal and see how he fits ... if he plays well you hope to ink him to an extension before the season ends.  

I was being negative just because. Is that ok brah? :flex:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, ilikepargo said:

We have now had a "Grade A" offseason.

And a Grade A-hole as a QB

Pin on Movies

23 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

how so? does not being proficient at everything you are supposed to do make you an A-hole? That's a pretty low bar and a big club.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Damn straight! Credit where credit is due he's done a very good job this offseason on paper. I love the moves he's made. 

Credit to you.  You have been as anti-Howie as anyone on this board.  You almost reconsidered your fandom, if he wasn't fired several times.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Next_Up said:

how so? does not being the proficient at everything you are supposed to do make you an A-hole? That's a pretty low bar and a big club.

LOL his main job description is to throw the ball. He sucks at that, so...yes.

Billy works at McDonalds cooking burgers and sucks at cooking burgers, but he's great at running the bags to the window, so we'll let him stay on it.

Nice move, no long term commitment. Gives them some flexibility for next year. 

57 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Now how the F can you possibly call Hurts an a-hole?  He has been nothing but a class act here.  

• Like 5

Who is Bradberry? Is he good? 

Outstanding!  I have to admit…they are making some awesome moves this off season.